Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

6v6 isnt limited to 4 classes.

in every division there is a sniper who will get epic sprees which are equally dangerous considering the skill of his opponents. and this is greg… he is like this on every map. qq

demo jumping from left is about as viable as demo jumping into enemy vally on badlands to get early pick. + he should arrive on the healthpack as the enemy demo arrives on the cliff.

If demo -> left is a viable rollout for you, then the enemy is EITHER doing the exact same rollout, negating any (dis)advantage for either side, OR they’re just not responding to your rollout effectively enough (not taking the opportunity to counter it). And in the lower divs, I can see the latter happening really often.

And the sniper problem is not about being “careful”.. its about the sniper being able to lock down any possibility of a decent push because of his sightlines. If you think that is the definition of good gameplay, then you’d might be interested in playing Battlefield or some other long-distance wide-open game.

Personally I don’t mind Warmfront as much as my beloved demoman, but last point sucks epicly; I can agree to that. Middle combines the upward battle of a hill, with the reduced visibility by the house, and added height advantage for battleclasses (on house and the sniperdecks). The *combination* of those 3 makes the mid not really enjoyable for all classes. It’s what snakewater does wrong as well imo.

Last edited by skeej,

Vince

BiG

Ok warmfront. An ugly decompiled reskin with a few changes.

It is still the same bland map it was in the AFS season, and of course it is, not much has changed in it. I don’t get why it was included in this map pool. It can’t be from the lack of maps to chose from. Snakewater was a possibility, viaduct would probably be an even better choice. I’d go as far to say that freight would be better (well, a lot of people like freight somehow, I don’t).

And I personally don’t mind playing it really slow and making it boring, if you ever played TvT in Brood War with me you know that (hi weiman :D), but it’s just not good for the game as a whole.

what a Tree ?!

I love this map because its not granlands i dont understand youre probs :/

Reload

BiG
BiG

It’s a joke that this map can be in the map pool over Viaduct. People moan that Viaduct is too strong for snipers. Well, why include Warmfront then?

You can headshot anyone who is standing on the high ledge on mid, all the way from the small tunnel at second. You can snipe someone coming out of the right spawndoor on last by standing on second.

If any map is strong for snipers, it’s this map. So why does this map end up in the map pool over Viaduct then?

I’m not saying Viaduct should be in the map pool (although it should be!), but it’s just stupid that one of the main arguments against Viaduct is completely ignored for Warmfront.

Last edited by Reload,

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

Quoted from Reload

It’s a joke that this map can be in the map pool over Viaduct. People moan that Viaduct is too strong for snipers. Well, why include Warmfront then?

You can headshot anyone who is standing on the high ledge on mid, all the way from the small tunnel at second. You can snipe someone coming out of the right spawndoor on last by standing on second.

If any map is strong for snipers, it’s this map. So why does this map end up in the map pool over Viaduct then?

I agree, if snipers were the problem, then why include this map instead? It proves to be way more stale than viaduct, and sniper is just as powerfull

Reload

BiG
BiG

Snipers aren’t the only problem on this map, there’s a lot more wrong with it. What I meant with my post is that pretty much the main argument against Viaduct is completely ignored for Warmfront, even though snipers are probably even stronger on Warmfront :)

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

Quoted from Reload

Snipers aren’t the only problem on this map, there’s a lot more wrong with it. What I meant with my post is that pretty much the main argument against Viaduct is completely ignored for Warmfront, even though snipers are probably even stronger on Warmfront :)

I understood what you were saying, and I agree that using snipers as argument was odd, seeing this map in the pool.

Johs

FNR!

Quoted from Arnold

[…]Popularity just isn’t a way to judge the quality of a map.

But, popularity is a way to judge what people want.

Last edited by Johs,

Arnold

DAKKA

I would suggest having a cup and having teams participate playing the maps a few times over the period of a week or 2 and have the teams that participated vote, if you want a somewhat decent vote that would be the only way to do it. Preferably with high level players ofcourse.

Even better would be that every team that voted for a map woul have to write the things that they liked and didn’t like about each map. Thus filtering out the “map is shit” votes.

Still wouldn’t be perfect (players will often dislike a map when they lose on it) but hey if you want a vote done right that’s the way to go.

Last edited by Arnold,

Netsky

Quoted from Enef

The only issue i had with warmfront was the clipping issues. Getting caught on bits of scenery and dying because of it isn’t acceptable. It’s dumb. If it looks like i can walk up a ramp don’t let me get caught on a tiny invisible ledge sticking out of it.

+1

Tafka

the most fun map

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Johs

But, popularity is a way to judge what people want.

“We’re going to judge if popularity is how we should judge things based on how popular it is”.

Nice logic.

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from Enef

The only issue i had with warmfront was the clipping issues. Getting caught on bits of scenery and dying because of it isn’t acceptable. It’s dumb. If it looks like i can walk up a ramp don’t let me get caught on a tiny invisible ledge sticking out of it.

this. :>

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Warmfront isn’t horrible. It has a pretty unique playstyle to it. I don’t think we’ve seen a proper metagame for it yet.

Take what people are saying about sniper. I get this vibe that the OP is suggesting sniper is overpowered on this map. I actually disagree, despite my success on this map.

Yes, a sniper can rollout to the far left and pick off a demoman that goes cliff side. This is actually beneficial to the map, otherwise it simply creates a standard, single route to middle that players must take. With no threat to a demoman going cliff, every demoman would go there, which would force every combo to go right. The only variety would be double guessing that the enemy combo would go right, and not bother sending your demoman cliff side at all.

The sniper allows your team to take control of that left side and gives an alternative mid fight.

Next, the sniper isn’t actually that strong on middle apart from controlling the left hand cliff. If you do send your sniper to the far left, you have to delay your run to zoom and aim. If no one goes there, it takes quite a while to then get to a position where you can be of any use, and even in that position, your visability is limited as there are a lot of obsticals in the way. The mid fight can potentially be over before you get there.

If you send your sniper far far right, the only viable shots you have on the enemy is again the far left cliff, or if someone jumps up to your cliff. This position is slightly better as it means you can then run up your cliff and get shots on the team over on the right hand side, but even rolling out to the far right is so rediculously slow, the enemy team could have won the fight by then.

I think the sniper’s main power is on the final CP. It can be ok on the 2nd CP, if you go into their base via the far left ramp, but it isn’t too hard to pressure that position.

The final CP as said above is a sniper’s heaven. The enemy can’t sit too close to the doors, because by standing by any one single door, you have several blind spots to the other doors. This allows an attacking sniper to choose a door, walk up, and try for a pick, while easily being covered by his team mates. Snipers also rock on the last CP on defence. You can sit in the door and look out through the one-way glass. When you see an enemy, you open the door and shoot. While I think the sniper is good on the 1st/last CP, spies are 10000x better.

I don’t think warmfront is a bad map. The midfights are quite interesting. It’s just a different style of map to play, not really a bad one.

aaaaa

Quoted from JOHNNYJACKAL

Hope and belive we have seen the last of warmfront after this season.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »