Forum

Season 9 Suggestions

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 25 Next »

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from kaidus

Punish people for not following the rules. The only reason people are lazy concerning scheduling and the rules in general is because they know that no one will do anything about it, not because mass-blasé is an unavoidable part of a gaming league.

There is literally no point having matches grouped into “weeks” at the moment, you might as well just give teams a list of their opponents and a time frame in which to have played their matches.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

People know my views on most unlocks… I won’t mention them here.

But my suggestion would be:

Allow all melee unlocks (I guess even sandman as lets be honest… it is pretty shit.). They are just melee afterall.. the +effects don’t really do too much to gameplay… not enough to suddenly make the class OP.

The problem with setting rules for unlocks is that it was fine at the start of TF2, when there were only a few. But since the set bonuses, and the many other ones released since that update, it’s become a bit too much. You need to find a way to generalise the unlocks so that it’s easy to read the rules, and won’t cause my confusion.

One such generalisation is: Vanilla + medic unlocks. This is simple, easy to follow. I like it because of that, but i feel it removes a lot from the game. I would rather have something that actually allows some diversity in regards to unlocks, but isn’t just a big ass list of what is allowed and what isn’t.

Vanilla + medic + melee isn’t too bad.

My issue is that the FaN isn’t covered in that list.
Work in progress… i’ll get back to you!

Bury.

internecine

You can’t have vanilla + medlocks, as you cut out other balanced weps that cause a nice change, and weapons that people have come a customed to: sandvich, flaregun, equilizer, bonk etc. Only way to solve it is to have a more versatile whitelist system, which needs to come from valve.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from demsii

@ Spike Himself: je weet dat je tegenwoordig best wel iedereen irriteert met je posts right? Zeker een comment als “lol” is ook heel erg een post waard. Als je niks nuttigs te zeggen hebt, zeg dan niks, kthxbai.

rofl
btw english here ye ;)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from Bury.

You can’t have vanilla + medlocks, as you cut out other balanced weps that cause a nice change, and weapons that people have come a customed to: sandvich, flaregun, equilizer, bonk etc. Only way to solve it is to have a more versatile whitelist system, which needs to come from valve.

+1

Can someone also explain to me why the ‘walking-taunt’ is banned? (As in, how it affects hitboxes)

antyjc

2ne1

put the crossbow in, it’s awesome.

remove equalizer it’s gay cos it makes me rage on mge cos i cant aim shotgun

Last edited by antyjc,

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from demsii

[…]

I kinda think you lost track of the conversation yourself. Besides that, as a great man once said “I’m allergic to stupid shit”. This might cause me to react in the same exact manner. I’m glad you’re only “formal” whenever it suits your needs however. There is also a very easy way to make sure you don’t get upset, you don’t start the “debate” at all.

You literally never had a conversation with me before? Quite a selective memory we suddenly have, do we? If I never had a conversation with you before, I probably even would’ve reacted differently even when my views would differ. And like I said, if you’re feeling uncomfortable with the “conversation”, there’s a very easy way to solve it, you stop replying or you avoid it.

I sincerely hope your utter inability to comprehend the most basic points is a troll, because otherwise just.. Just dear, dear god.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Direct Hit
Gunboats
FAN
Charge n’ Targe
Equaliser
Bonk
Flare Gun
Axtinguisher
Kritzrieg
Ubersaw
Vita saw
Sandwich
Huntsman
The engineers glove (forget name)
Dead Ringer

All all weapons that add another level of gameplay and should seriously consider being unbanned for S9. (Probably missed a couple two)

Alos all this no super long list plox is nonsense as i’m sure everyone has played with the whitelist things that straight remove the weapons you can’t use, set up one of them for ETF2L and enforce it like the .cfg

Make an ‘esteemed panel of experts’. This is nothing personal or an attack or whatever but the current ETF2L league admin team barely has anyone who has played above div3 except for bearball. Make a sort of panel full of established experienced top players who have been at the top for a long while and who epople would trust to make decisions about unlocks and maps on their behalf, the Byte’s, Torden’s etc

kaidus

WiK?

I don’t see how that approach would work, commanderx, as while all at the top have a lot more conservative approach to unlocks than most you still have the divide of vanilla vs some unlocks. No panel of established players could overcome that in my opinion, unless those advocating vanilla came into the panel having given up their claim for vanilla (but again, why would anyone?) and simply deduced which don’t screw the game up totally.

Bury.

internecine

Quoted from CommanderX

set up one of them for ETF2L and enforce it like the .cfg

You can’t, that’s the point.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

rofl Demourge. i hope every one of your posts were trolls +1 to everything kaidus said

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

rofl
btw english here ye ;)

rofl, no need when I do it directly at you ye ;)

I sincerely hope your utter inability to comprehend the most basic points is a troll, because otherwise just.. Just dear, dear god.

That’s the best you can come up with? Come on..

rofl Demourge. i hope every one of your posts were trolls +1 to everything kaidus said

rofl Milton, nope.

alfa

I have an idea for season 9.

Ban the unlocks, lock the stupid threads and get admins that do work.

Done.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

You really like to show just how mature you are don’t you demourge.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Swifty

You really like to show just how mature you are don’t you demourge.

You’re being upset because I used your first name? Didn’t know that had anything to do with maturity. Interesting.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 25 Next »