Forum

Season 9 Suggestions

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 25 Next »

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I like the vanilla idea. I wouldnt mind the gunboots though. But the rest is fine off, being banned imo. I don’t like the crappy weapons either.

Feneer

NPNL.
GFL

I feel like if you want medic + scraps, go play in wireplay, the reason I like etf2l is that, very rarely, an opposing team pulls something out of the backlog of non banned weapons and does something really great. IMHO, the more variety in the game, the better, and i’d rather see GRU in with heavy limit 1 than no GRU and no heavies unless they’re defending last.

crzfst

Quoted from Feneer

I feel like if you want medic + scraps, go play in wireplay, the reason I like etf2l is that, very rarely, an opposing team pulls something out of the backlog of non banned weapons and does something really great. IMHO, the more variety in the game, the better, and i’d rather see GRU in with heavy limit 1 than no GRU and no heavies unless they’re defending last.

Hi div6.

Pyle

Don’t worry, be happy.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Please tell me how to counter a gru heavy on mid, let’s say, granlands.

dvb

Quoted from crzfst

[…]
Hi div6.

Shush, you are from Latfrica, you don’t have the right to lay the truth bombs. Anyway, bring FaN back plox :)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from freshmeatt

Shoot rockets at him.

pala4

Quoted from freshmeatt

Have you heard about focus fire ? :)

Tikcus

Quoted from freshmeatt

Try this

When the heavy is in the centre of your cross hair left click, get your team mates to do the same.

seriously there are lots of ways dealing with any class roll out, but it may involve you using your brain.

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

its true, focus fire.

But thats only 1 fat meatboy that you spam down, so the others of fatmanteam can just facerape you.

gru allowed plz!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Nmx

its true, focus fire.

But thats only 1 fat meatboy that you spam down, so the others of fatmanteam can just facerape you.

But they don’t have the player that the heavy is replacing. Heavy is easier to take down than for example a soldier (if your focus fire works). Soldier could simply jump away when spammed etc. If the heavy is replacing a scout then your scouts will have an easier time killing their demo/medic.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

For me the main issue with all the new weapons is that it could turn mid battles into a ‘rock-scissors-paper’ type affair.

You’ll be trying to guess your opponents roll out so you can go the ‘correct’ counter classes/weapons.

‘They went GRU heavy last round, lets run a sniper……oh, now they have two scouts….DAMN DAMN!!’

Making mid battles more luck based than skill will not help the competitive scene imo. Granted there is more to tf2 than mid battles, but having all these options just means it’s more of a lottery who wins.

What it boils down to is this, do we want the game to have nine viable classes in the competitive game? GRU certainly makes a heavy viable for mid battles, air blast enhances the effectiveness of the pyro, mini sentry helps the engy etc. but having no idea what classes will turn up at mid makes it almost impossible to plan an effective roll out.

Some maps have viable utility class options for the roll out, and yours can be built to counter say a sniper on freight or heavy on Gully, but imagine having no idea what’s going to come rolling in… it would be guess work, not skill, that won the day.

Saying that, banning more and more weapons means what we’re doing is bringing in more and more rules which may stifle new players wanting to make the jump from pub to comp. More rules means more chance of someone reading said rules and thinking it isn’t for them, as they’ve played with FAN or whatever for the last year and a half!

With each update comes new nerfs/changes to the weapons and most of the pre polycount ones, imo, are pretty well balanced these days, however allowing some and not others is a tricky road to go down. Allowing GRU should mean allowing Direct hit for example, the extra damage per rocket is a nice counter to a heavy turning up at the same time as your soldiers.

This season’s unlock rules have worked really well for me, if they are to be changed, then it needs a LOT of careful consideration.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Vanilla! Just to watch all the baddies rage when they cant play heavy etc.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Monkeh

Granted there is more to tf2 than mid battles

I think not.
/joke.

Regarding the rest: I’m sure at the beginning it would be a bit “wtf”, but hasn’t the game evolved to the current setting we’re playing? It would surely evolve further, and after a few weeks teams would have found the next “default” rollout which works better than others. Same reasoning applies to different rollouts: Ever seen a team that does valley each round?

Quoted from Matt

Vanilla! Just to watch all the baddies rage when they cant play heavy etc.

I like chocolate better.
Vanilla is for nerds who cant adapt. I’m all in favour of banning a few weapons cause they simply are OP when handled with the same skill the default weapons are, but banning all of them is just… meh.

Last edited by Waebi,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 25 Next »