Forum

Season 9 Suggestions

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 25 Next »

Danzeru

Royal`
MAD

I reckon the idea from the beta thread is good: http://etf2l.org/forum/beta/topic-14950/

Slow down weapon switch time between any weapons when the Heavy is wielding the GRU. Not quite sure how high a percentage for the slowdown but it would effectively greatly increase a Heavy’s “set up time”.

By impacting the switch from GRU to sandvich *and* the switch from sandvich to whichever big gun our exemplified fat man is using, it somewhat offsets the fast run to mid as it’s going to be an age before he actually starts shooting at anything. That way the run to mid isn’t quite as hurtful to the other team and a Heavy can still use his speed in the rest of the match making him a more viable – while not broken – option.

Not only that but players that catch a “sprinting” heavy by surprise have a very good chance of killing him. I think this solution would fix GRU as right now (and I’m a big fan of it) it’s just better than its alternatives.

(CTRL-C, CTRL-V of my post there)

kaidus

WiK?

Fix the premiership table so it accounts for top 4 playoffs rather than podium places.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from kaidus

Fix the premiership table so it accounts for top 4 playoffs rather than podium places.

yes this is likely to end in retards writing about the wrong system for their whole article….

hz

Can we have the map pool for s9 early? We want to start playing practice matches on s9 map pool.

Last edited by hz,

Quoted from helberg

allow FaN, allow gunboats.

Heavy limit 1, sandvich banned.

viaduct and ashville, instead of obscure and freight_final1

Oh wow please none of that!

Jude

notdoggo

Quoted from Danzeru

I reckon the idea from the beta thread is good: http://etf2l.org/forum/beta/topic-14950/

Slow down weapon switch time between any weapons when the Heavy is wielding the GRU. Not quite sure how high a percentage for the slowdown but it would effectively greatly increase a Heavy’s “set up time”.

By impacting the switch from GRU to sandvich *and* the switch from sandvich to whichever big gun our exemplified fat man is using, it somewhat offsets the fast run to mid as it’s going to be an age before he actually starts shooting at anything. That way the run to mid isn’t quite as hurtful to the other team and a Heavy can still use his speed in the rest of the match making him a more viable – while not broken – option.

Not only that but players that catch a “sprinting” heavy by surprise have a very good chance of killing him. I think this solution would fix GRU as right now (and I’m a big fan of it) it’s just better than its alternatives.

(CTRL-C, CTRL-V of my post there)

i think this idea is fantastic, great offset to the GRU’s running speed.

i mean myself i’d rather heavy was banned outright, only counter is heavy or sniper, which does nothing but sloe the game to a shitty, shitty crawl, but hey, whatever

Last edited by Jude,

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

To whoever who wrote ban the sandvich, have you ever played against a good team who can focus fire? I dont think so, because without the sandvich there would be little chance of survival. Dont even think about removing it, its a vital part of me and many other heavies general playstyle.

Also, 50% of the time it’s used to heal/save the medic.

I’ve been thinking some more about the GRU and I think the best fix would be to simply change the speed increase to 15% instead of 30% with a -4hp or -3hp drain. As simple as that, no other weird sideeffects, just a slight speed increase for a low dmg melee and health drain tradeoff.

Last edited by Alx,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

People forget a lot of things. Firstly the GRU was invented by the original beta team, because the Heavy could not be a viable mid fight class.

At the time that the GRU was suggested, teams were just stopping to run Heavies in Europe. Riemu, Sommie etc were learning new classes etc.. People realised the Heavy needed something to make him more useful than just a situational class, and the reason why it was ineffective in mid fights was because it was too slow to get there, and an aggressive team would destroy the team before the heavy even arrived. The GRU was a community thought idea to get the heavy to mid faster. Valve actually listened to us. We shove it back in their face. Well done competitive community! We sure know how to get valve to listen to us in the future.

Same goes for Sandman. (They nerfed scout HP and allowed movement when stunned) (We banned).
Same goes for FaN. (They stopped the stun, changed it to be directional) (We banned).
Same goes for TDH. (The removed the minicrit) (We banned).
Same goes for Natasha. (They changed how the slowdown worked) (We banned).

All of these were given as the reasons for having them banned in the league in the first place. Valve addressed them. Then people find new reasons and others just jump on the bandwagon. No one actually thinks things through anymore.

To be honest, if I was working for valve right now, and i’d tried to listen to the competitive community, and work on their changes and had the same response we have given them recently, i’d think ‘fuck the competitive scene’, and never make a change that benefits them in the future.

I hope that valve don’t make any changes to any weapons, as part of the community will want them banned anyway, and I’d at least like to use them how they are now when I play on publics.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

People ban things that are new and different and require extra thinking to counter, fuck creativity….

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

You are making some valid points, but also leaving something out, Arx.

Don’t forget they gave the heavy a nice buff on both sascha and natascha before it was banned in S8.

Also, maybe, just MAYBE, after heavy stopped being a “common” thing in 6v6, people (or the majority of them) found out that playing lineups without heavy is actually more fun, and therefore were quite unhappy to see the GRU in the game?

And about the Sandvich, I think the heavy should just get the sandvich back if he walks on his dropped one. His only way of using it for himself should be +attack1.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Its because it shuts down other valid tactics. It allows the HWG to be used at the cost of reducing the amount of useful mid rollouts.

crzfst

Quoted from AcidReniX

I hope that valve don’t make any changes to any weapons, as part of the community will want them banned anyway, and I’d at least like to use them how they are now when I play on publics.

Lets hope this happens so we can go vanilla.

Quoted from Koeitje

Its because it shuts down other valid tactics. It allows the HWG to be used at the cost of reducing the amount of useful mid rollouts.

I haven’t seen any change in that. Which ones aren’t valid anymore?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

I haven’t seen any change in that. Which ones aren’t valid anymore?

Badlands valley rollout for example. The sheer DPS the heavy can put out makes any aggressive soldier play useless. Granted, scout scattergun can do a lot of damage against a jumping soldier, but a scout is still a glass cannon. HWG can just sweep all enemies off your train.

Wiiking

Quoted from AcidReniX

People forget a lot of things. Firstly the GRU was invented by the original beta team, because the Heavy could not be a viable mid fight class.

At the time that the GRU was suggested, teams were just stopping to run Heavies in Europe. Riemu, Sommie etc were learning new classes etc.. People realised the Heavy needed something to make him more useful than just a situational class, and the reason why it was ineffective in mid fights was because it was too slow to get there, and an aggressive team would destroy the team before the heavy even arrived. The GRU was a community thought idea to get the heavy to mid faster. Valve actually listened to us. We shove it back in their face. Well done competitive community! We sure know how to get valve to listen to us in the future.

Same goes for Sandman. (They nerfed scout HP and allowed movement when stunned) (We banned).
Same goes for FaN. (They stopped the stun, changed it to be directional) (We banned).
Same goes for TDH. (The removed the minicrit) (We banned).
Same goes for Natasha. (They changed how the slowdown worked) (We banned).

All of these were given as the reasons for having them banned in the league in the first place. Valve addressed them. Then people find new reasons and others just jump on the bandwagon. No one actually thinks things through anymore.

To be honest, if I was working for valve right now, and i’d tried to listen to the competitive community, and work on their changes and had the same response we have given them recently, i’d think ‘fuck the competitive scene’, and never make a change that benefits them in the future.

U cant expect a couple of nerds to come up with a solution to a crappy weapon without testing if the ideas work in a real game situation. Obviously the changes we got for the weapons we didnt like wasnt good enough and therefor they stayed banned. We didnt bann them again or anything like u make it sound, which is quite a difference when it comes to decision making.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 25 Next »