Forum

cl_bobcycle 999..999 allowed?

Created 23rd December 2008 @ 02:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Fre

This effectively hides your weapon.

I use a script that use that cvar to show/hide my weapon according to what I am holding.
The use of that variable was discussed here:
http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-428/page-3/

But AFAIK there was no definitive answer stating whether or not it is allowed to mess with it.
Could that point be added to S4 rules?

Thanks.

Fre

good question, wanna know “official position” too. never heard any complaints though… i’m using it for a month or so, definitely helped me to improve a little as scoutsoldiersniper.

Jh

Hey dats!

everybody uses it. and im not banned yet.

so yeah its allowed

Shrapnel

From the news page, re season 4 rules :

“For any scripts not mentioned here, you can use as general rule of thumb: anything that allows you to do something that would be impossible without that script is forbidden. When in doubt, the admins decide on the legality of the script.” (Rule 1.4.8)”

Seeing as without a script with this command in it, you cannot hide your weapon, is it not cheating under that rule?

Darn

rockit like

dont see why it should be banned, doesnt really give you any advantages..

Redman350

[FB]

Shrapnel its not a script, so that rule doesn’t apply. If it’s banned it needs to be specifically mentioned.

byte

I agree with darn has no affect or advantage for the player against the enemy, tiz just a feature available for those who like playing without models…

As i’ve mentioned many a times, if we’re gonna restrict cl_bobcycle then i suggest we restrict the command ‘sensitivity’ to 20 so that all people have the same axel rotation : >

Oh wait no…. how ridiculous would that be? :| same applies to this…

Cheers

Byte

compton

cvx|

Quick paste:

As long as it’s in the game and it’s not making the game unplayable or unbalanced, it should definitely be allowed.

Shrapnel

Well I don’t really care Randomer, I’m just playing devil’s advocate.
But at what point does a config file with commands in it become a ‘script’.
You can say rapid fire is not a script…you just put the command ‘bind mwheeldown +attack’
in your config script file. You can even do that in the options menu I think.
If bobcycle doesn’t give u an advantage, why use it?
If you have no weapon model being drawn you will not miss, for example a scout running under the badlands bridge that would otherwise be underneath your weapon.
I think what is meant by ‘script’ needs a definition for the purposes of the rules.

Rele

“If bobcycle doesn’t give u an advantage, why use it?”

People from the UT-scene and people with crap computers like to use it (without weapon model, you got ~10fps more).

I dont think it should be banned. The little corner you see more doesnt affect the game much.

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

it is quite obviously an exploit not intended to be used by valve. But I dont mind people using it, I personally do not use it, but these kind of gui-changes should be up to the player imho. In the last 8 years or so I have always played with the weapon not visible, for some reason I so far prefer playing tf2 with the weapon showing though.

Should be allowed in my opinion.

Think it was discussed (among other things) in a thread i posted semi-ages ago, http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-428/?recent=11841

WalkingTarget

A script is a sequence of commands to perform an action that can be activated by a single key press.
E.g.

Alias att+ “+attack”
Alias att- “-attacK”
Alias wa “wait”
Alias pistol “att+;wa;att-;wa;att+;wa;att-”
Bind mouse3 “pistol”

Binding mwheel doesnt really consitute a script as its a simple re-key mappping.

Its been used for years to do fast fire on pistols since the mwheel was invented to be honest, most players that come from / played cs would know about this so its no real big advantage just something that you have to get used to.

Penguin_

Although most cs leagues forbid usage of mwheelup/down to fire weapons… However bobcycle don’t interfer with the GP at all so it should be allowed.

kaidus

WiK?

I know nothing of this command, but from what I’ve read here I see no reason why it shouldn’t be legal. Hypothetically suppose it were legalised (or at least officially obtained the status of “legal”); some mention of it’s legality would have to be added to the rule list, and every player is supposed to have read these list of rules and keep themselves up to date with any changes. Therefore regardless of any “advantage” this command infers, it is open and available to all players who should wish to use it, and any who feel they are at a “disadvantage” due to being unaware of the command have only themselves to blame for not abiding by their obligation to retain an up-to-date knowledge of the competitions rules.

bigDE

mmmmm im kinda stupid. anyone fancy postin the script to get bobcycle to work on only 1 weapon? i can only get it so all of my weapons are invisible. which is confusing as fck when switching

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »