Forum

i40 seating area

Created 9th April 2010 @ 16:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

So after i39 MPUK are being awsome and working with us to make i40 even better! One of the things I have been asked about is seating area. So I am looking for opinions on where people want to be sat for the event.

Grandstand Floor 1
This is where we were for i39. Worked out good for the social side having a big open area we can get seats for drinking games and such as happened at i39. The trouble is the tables are in rows of 10, so teams are going to get split up. On top of that, in the summer its going to get very hot.

Grandstand floor 2
G2 fits alot more people than G1 will, and additionally it will have rows of 12 so 2 teams per row. On top of that it has a bar on that floor and balconies. Trouble is again, the heat. Its even hotter than G1 and quite frankly, you’d be sweating like a geordie in a maths test. Larger area, you will find it also gets quicker invaded by CSS and Cod4.

Berksire stand
The Berkshire is where Pwr and www were at i39. Its cooler which will make alot of difference in the summer. Its more open too. Separate building from all the CSS and COD kiddo’s, but the MMO lot will also be trying to get in there I guess. This does however have rows of 12 so you can get a full team in place rather than getting split up.

Any thoughts?

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Didn’t grandstand 2 bust open the doors/windows (that you’re probably not supposed to open)? Felt a lot cooler than the floor below.

Rob-

G2 will be hot, and will have css players there whether they break open the doors or not :P

Also the ground floor Berkshire has 11 rows of 12 spaces + various 6’s and 10’s.

Sketch

MM

can you not just get berkshire stand reserved for tf2 then?

Black_Bob

[DA]

Im all up for level 1 its just great, level 2 was way to hot, didnt see the third area so cant really pass judgement!

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Sounds like berkshire stand is the way to go, if we can get MPUK to reserve it for tf2 only.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I liked where we were, I wouldn’t do G2.

I’d be open for Berkshire stand I guess, it would probably be more comfortable.

Only problem is, if other game areas are aware it’s a bit cooler up there, would be it not make it a bit more sought after? (we’d have to be quick)

frymaster

another complication is they might open up another stand, which would be completely unknown territory

it’s looking like i40 is going to be a BIG lan :D

Skyride

DUCS

Theres no room on G2 for big circles. That makes it an instant fail for me as you lose all the late night laughs we had on G1.

Fish

UCAP.

i was at i17 which was also in the summer it was fucking hot but they brought in these big fuck off industrial fans which made it nice and cool, we was on the 2nd floor then no idea how they set up now but 2nd floor was quite nice and cool with the fans ground floor was the cs players and that got really hot and smelly i seem to remember ^_^ but thats years and years ago :X

Rob-

Looks like a solution for Berkshire may be to reserve the entire floor for TF2 *only* until a certain date, whereby if the numbers don’t look like it will fill the room with tf2, we allow other areas.

http://i43.tinypic.com/16bluut.jpg

That’s Berkshire Ground Floor btw

How does the above sound?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Rob-

Looks like a solution for Berkshire may be to reserve the entire floor for TF2 *only* until a certain date, whereby if the numbers don’t look like it will fill the room with tf2, we allow other areas.

http://i43.tinypic.com/16bluut.jpg

That’s Berkshire Ground Floor btw

How does the above sound?

Do you have any photos of the area? It was really just the free space in G1 that made it great to sit in groups and chat.

Qun

GoT<3

I might come over this Summer if I can fix a good laptop. Not going to drag my PC down like i37…

Edd

T2P

i would prefer g1 cos when i was there (i38) just seemed the superior floor tbh

Black_Bob

[DA]

Yep G1 had free space and those metal cross beams stopped extra pcs being crammed in.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »