Forum

i55 - Equipment Share and PC Rental thread

Created 19th June 2015 @ 13:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Hopefully plenty of you have booked your tickets now. If you require any equipment or have any spare equipment to loan for the event then please post here. Anything from mice and keyboards to laptops and full machines!

PC Rental
Multiplay are not expected to offer any rentals this time. There is a slim chance it could happen but I would not rely on this as they need a lot of machines to run the expo and production parts of the event.

As per i52, I am trying to arrange with Eclipse Arena (a local company exhibiting at the event) some PC rentals. This is not currently confirmed but my contact sees no reason why it won’t be approved. I do not have specs yet, so I can only assume similar to last year (or better). Expected/potential costs on the survey.

The CPUs are AMD 8350’s, GPU: XFX R280x’S. 8gb DDR3 Crucial tracer memory using ASUS motherboards and Crucial SSDs

As i’m going on holiday tomorrow to get the ball rolling for when I get back:
Please fill in this surveyhttps://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z5QM5RG to confirm your interest in a rental machine. I expect around 10 machines again and they will be allocated with preference to any premiership teams first and foremost, and from there more on a case-by-case basis (i.e. a high team that has been playing together for a couple of seasons may be favoured over a mix team of a similar skill).

Please have each individual player fill in the survey if several of your team are requesting.

Last edited by Nymthae,

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

please make it happen nymthaeeeeee, i believe in you!!

torrit

i have a spare corsair k90 mechanical keyboard that i can bring if someone is interested
it’s in mint condition, and i’d gladly sell it for a friendly price if there’s even one of you who’d take it off my hands

Hallow

P.O.P

lf pc, can pay for using it over the weekend and all i need from it is for it to run tf2 well enough for a 120hz monitor (which i will be bringing)

FIR

SnG

I have a spare Das Keyboard (with a missing “0” key, but otherwise in mint condition) I can lend someone. Also have a monitor, old 60Hz and pretty big, but no one ever wants 60hz anyway unless you’re desperate

kensi.

S

bring me a 120hz monitor, please! I’LL DRINK VODKA WITH YOU

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Update!

I did a provisional allocation based on the 10 PCs we had last year. I haven’t sent any emails out so don’t think you’ve missed anything. I was waiting for confirmation of the machines from my contact…

Unfortunately, my contact now no longer works at Eclipse. He’s going to check whether or not they will want to continue with the agreement, but I suppose i’m not that hopeful.

I’m looking into other possibilities so hang tight but again it will likely only be 10 machines.

Current allocation: 4x nerdRage, 3x TLR, 2x Reason, 1x Danger Dogs

I have something in the pipeline so i’ll update ASAP and speak to those directly allocated if I can nail down something.

FireStorm

-9m-

In case you missed it in the main thread.

Rental PC emails have gone out to all those who requested one.

If you did not get the email and want to apply for a rental PC for i55 then please go and fill out this form.

http://goo.gl/forms/7AqfHjqKul

This offer is open to people playing in the TF2 tournament only and can’t get their equipment across from the EU.

fiyah

Add A Reply Pages: 1