Forum

DeutschLAN 2015: Main Thread

Created 17th January 2015 @ 20:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 34 35 36 ... 57 Next »

ivan

TC

Quoted from RTC

No, Marty hasn’t done anything wrong at all. I’m taking the piss out of MN, not him.

thats what im saying, also mastnoob right now http://puu.sh/iN83y/a4407bed53.jpg (credit to simba rip in chat ban)

CHERRY

Quoted from RTC

[…]

So he’s prioritizing a petty grudge as opposed to trying to address the situation?

Good to know.

There’s also memes: http://forums.tf2center.com/topic/5958-tf2c-memes/
So don’t act like all he cares about now is you :p

Goreston

Quoted from Scissors

The man invites you into his own house, and then stabs you in the back? What a fucking loser, honestly. Good job making the right decision

Did you eat his bread and salt? Has he broken guestright? SHOULD WE COOK HIM IN A PIE?

*The above post may contain spoilers for Game Of Thrones.

Ducky

TDP

This is just keeps getting better and better… But i’m running out of the old popcorn :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxGecOY1CZY

MasterNoob is getting younger and younger by the day his current mental age is 10 years old!

But on a serious note MasterNoob your really not helping yourself out and TF2C by banning community members, making cheesy forum post and insulting people are you now?

Grow up man, your site is fantastic and all but your way of dealing with “customers” and the general community is appalling!

Also on that point where is this so called statement?

Rand

Quoted from Ducky

This is just keeps getting better and better… But i’m running out of the old popcorn :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxGecOY1CZY

MasterNoob is getting younger and younger by the day his current mental age is 10 years old!

But on a serious note MasterNoob your really not helping yourself out and TF2C by banning community members, making cheesy forum post and insulting people are you now?

Grow up man, your site is fantastic and all but your way of dealing with “customers” and the general community is appalling!

Also on that point where is this so called statement?

Fairy and Mattgician said on the Center general chat that they’re in talks with guys from the lan so the statement was postponed. Hopefully tonight we’ll have the fabled statement.

Ducky

TDP

Quoted from Rand

[…]

Fairy and Mattgician said on the Center general chat that they’re in talks with guys from the lan so the statement was postponed. Hopefully tonight we’ll have the fabled statement.

i’ll be waiting and with a fresh bucket of popcorn feel free to join me :)
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/53168778.jpg

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Wall of text incoming (sorry guys)

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Hello Gamers and DeutschLAN-enthusiasts, as well as just regular forum users,

We promised there would be a statement from the DeutschLAN organization team regarding the TF2Center topic that blew up on Saturday.

First of all, we regret the way these information were published. We did not sit down and had a proper talk in our group before Hartz posted his announcement on Saturday. That was a clear miscommunication and not professional on our part, and I apologize for that to TF2Center.

Let us talk facts: It is true that TF2Center initially were offering us a sponsorship in January when the idea of DeutschLAN became reality.
It is also true that after some time, TF2Center backpedaled. Sadly they did so without informing us on time. Now, there have been severe misunderstandings between the TF2Center and DeutschLAN staff, so that the exact timeline of when what happened is hard to figure out. . From our POV the backpedaling happened much more recently than from TF2Center´s.
However, we were disappointed of course when we heard we would get less out of the sponsorship. We were going to talk about it and see if the named sponsorship title was still being justified.
Also true is, that TF2Center requested us to not let a player participate at our LAN, stating there could be more money for us (than the now reduced amount), if we did.
We never considered this an offer we could accept in any way. We are not going to ban players from coming to DeutschLAN for money, or pretty much for any other reason than Anti-Cheat-issues.
Following up on this request, emotions took over and information about this got published while still being very disappointed about these circumstances. This was obviously a mistake by us.
Both sides sat down and admitted several mistakes, mostly about communication.

However, shit did hit the fan and TF2Center is not our main/named sponsor anymore. I want to clarify, that we do not have a main sponsor at this point of time. I know we announced differently on Saturday, but this happened without proper negotiations. We are currently looking for a new main sponsor and we are open for anyone to approach us. It is true, though, that TF2pickup.net is interested in taking over that position.

The donations we received to our indiegogo campaign were not made by masternoob or mother tereza. We have an idea who it was, but we understand the donator wants to stay anonymous. That’s fine by us, but we would want the donator(s) to reply to our inquiries anyways, to make sure no further misunderstandings occur. For the remainder of the fund raisers please refrain from using fake names in the future that could intend to hurt the relation to TF2Center. If you are willing to donate an amount and not show your own name, there is the option to do an anonymous donation.

I also want to be clear about one thing: nobody is at war, we are not enemies to anyone. Most importantly: this is not an issue between ETF2L and TF2Center!! DeutschLAN is not an ETF2L event, although ETF2L kindly grants us access to their infrastructure to announce and promote this event. We would like to keep it that way. DeutschLAN is organized by a private group of people that wants to set up an amazing weekend of Highlander gaming.

Our indiegogo campaign broke the 2k-mark, reaching our goal 22 days before the end of the campaign. Big thanks to everyone that contributed! So far we raised 2.194 € through indiegogo and another ~550 € with our donations on stream during the showmatches.
We will continue the fundraiser until it officially closes on July 28th.
Since the main sponsorship will probably be smaller than expected, we are still somewhat behind our expectations. Supporting the LAN still helps us out a lot, every Cent will be spend on the event. So feel free to keep contributing, it has been an amazing journey so far, but we can make it even bigger!

Moving on, we apologize for yesterday´s derpy showmatch. We had to bring in a replacement team last minute, had several ddos-issues und a huge delay. Overall probably not our best work, but you guys still supported us. We raised 130€ on stream plus 80€ on our indiegogo last night! Thanks and congratulations to Aesirson, who won the unusual hat raffle!

Now go out and spread love and peace and happiness!

RTC

Quoted from DCS

Also true is, that TF2Center requested us to not let a player participate at our LAN, stating there could be more money for us (than the now reduced amount), if we did.
We never considered this an offer we could accept in any way. We are not going to ban players from coming to DeutschLAN for money, or pretty much for any other reason than Anti-Cheat-issues.

So let me get this straight: Masternoob was offering MTA more sponsorship money (an extra 1500 euros from what I’ve heard) if I was banned from the event? Bearing in mind this is almost certainly money received from donations to TF2C, and not his own money.

I’m at a loss for words how moronic that is.

MTA have done absolutely nothing wrong in this situation, it shouldn’t be you providing damage control for TF2C, it should be TF2C apologising for what has happened during the planning of this event and what happened afterwards.

Last edited by RTC,

foungi

0fo
0FO

etf2l has nothing to do with all of this

Rand

Quoted from RTC

[…]

So let me get this straight: Masternoob was offering ETF2L more sponsorship money (an extra 1500 euros from what I’ve heard) if I was banned from the event? Bearing in mind this is almost certainly money received from donations to TF2C, and not his own money.

I’m at a loss for words how moronic that is.

ETF2L/MTA have done absolutely nothing wrong in this situation, it shouldn’t be you providing damage control for TF2C, it should be TF2C apologising for what has happened during the planning of this event and what happened afterwards.

I’d find it quite flattering if someone was willing to throw 1500 euros at something just to make sure I don’t attend an event.

RTC

Quoted from foungi

etf2l has nothing to do with all of this

I meant MTA, my bad.

Synrise

(ETF2L Donator)

http://forums.tf2center.com/topic/4167-wall-of-shame/
Congrats RTC u are in the wall of shame.
Srsly, how is this guy even allowed to lead something like TF2Center

ivan

TC

http://puu.sh/iP8lb/b9b21fb631.jpg

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqrJ4wGid4Y ;)

Breaking the tradition as most people already know anyway:

When I was reading the drama surrounding the sponsorship of this LAN, I was both amused at the ridiculousness of the situation, and also saddened that those who had spent a significant amount of time and effort into organising it were not going to receive the money outlined to them by means of an informal contract. I decided to put the money down as MasterNoob and Mother Tereza not as a personal attack against TF2C (despite disagreeing with their T&Cs for sponsorship), but rather to see how people would react and also to hopefully put a smile on some people’s faces and bring everyone down to earth a bit.

I hope that answers your questions. Enjoy the LAN.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 34 35 36 ... 57 Next »