Created 17th January 2015 @ 20:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 57 Next »

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

I’ll be returning that favor, see you at LAN!

I can’t go to a lan anymore cause all the frenchies will beat me up

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

Why is it back to this again, didn’t we already conclude if people want a 6s deutschLAN, all they have to do is book the place at a different time and just go organize it, since it’s not a once-a-year big event like insomnia? I’m sure the people behind this place would be delighted to host multiple TF2 LANs, would secure them more revenue too.. should be great, go for it!

san alex

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

Last time I checked out highlander suddenlystarmia was in the premiership division.

Check again then, she never played prem.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from san alex

[…]

Check again then, she never played prem.

She was in a team that won div 1 and were going to play next season in prem (also even if you look at last season there were terrible players who were in prem/div 1 although I don’t want to call people out). My point is the top level of highlander is full of terrible players. When there is a decent prize pool the game should be taken seriously as an e-sport. Highlander is great but its not great as an e-sport.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

there were terrible players who were in prem/div 1

#fuckhartz

…am I doing this right?

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Forty-Two

Why is it back to this again, didn’t we already conclude if people want a 6s deutschLAN, all they have to do is book the place at a different time and just go organize it, since it’s not a once-a-year big event like insomnia? I’m sure the people behind this place would be delighted to host multiple TF2 LANs, would secure them more revenue too.. should be great, go for it!

but that would take an effort on his part. He cant even be bothered to read the thread, but that ofcourse wont keep him from sharing his opinion on how tf2 should be.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

but that would take an effort on his part. He cant even be bothered to read the thread, but that ofcourse wont keep him from sharing his opinion on how tf2 should be.

Of course I am not going to read the whole thread, I asked for a TLDR and someone gave it to me. Having multiple lans there is a bad idea. Have you ever wondered why the only lan people give a shit about is the summer insomnia lan? we have the other insomnia lans but no one actually cares about those ones because there isn’t a large prizepool and teams don’t make the effort to prepare and play in them (and the time of year). The same thing would happen if we made multiple lans at this place. Its better to have 1 big lan with the top 6v6 teams competing than have multiple lans a year with small prizepools where shitty mix teams are the top contenders. TF2 doesn’t have enough money to support multiple lans every year so thats why in my opinion if this is going to be a thing there should be a large prizepool and we should try to send over the top 6v6 teams to make a the big competitive lan with the top teams playing which will turn in viewers.

What is happening now is spy, engineer, heavy and pyro mains are going to be flying across Europe and paying a big fucking salary to play an inferior gamemode (from an e-sports point of view) and they are going to be playing for money that will have to be split between 9 players (rather than 6) which makes the prizepool even less valuable.

You are saying one of the reasons this is gonna be a highlander lan is because there aren’t any highlander lans around. Have you not thought that maybe there is a reason that there are no highlander lans around?

Last edited by sheepy dog's hand,

Clark

SDCK!

You are saying one of the reasons this is gonna be a highlander lan is because there aren’t any highlander lans around. Have you not thought that maybe there is a reason that there are no highlander lans around?

The reason there aren’t any highlander lans around is because it has only recently become a relatively popular competitive gamemode, especially if you want to compare it to 6v6.

This is actually a nice chance for it to become something even more.

P.S. Why are even having this discussion again? It was established pages ago that hl is the best choice for the lan. If you want to know why, Sheepy, I suggest you stop being a lazy ass and look through the topic.

.zero

-chess-

Like people play for the cash prizes, it’s TF2 dude…
Don’t tell me you actually think 6v6 is a serious e-sport.

Lex

Fe |

You’re so delusional Sheepy. Do you actually believe that TF2 will ever become an ‘esport’? That it will have cash prizes comparable to those of CS:GO, LOL or even Hearthstone? Please.

TF2 players don’t play this game for a living, they play it for fun.

rytis

PrettyGay

is anybody else realising sheepy is pretty obvious yet everyone is taking the bait? :D

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

sheepy’s posts are never 100% troll

Sheepy, you’re welcome to host a 6v6 LAN at the same venue (or maybe contact some german 6v6_enthusiasts to help you out with it)

arenarespawn_enthusiasts are also welcome to hold their own lan

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

“You’re so delusional Sheepy. Do you actually believe that TF2 will ever become an ‘esport’? That it will have cash prizes comparable to those of CS:GO, LOL or even Hearthstone?”

Please don’t put words in my mouth. I never said that tf2 would become comparable to LoL or Dota. I was trying to say that if this was a 6v6 tournament with a decent prizepool then the top teams would show up and it would be a much more interesting lan for the viewers (and it would most likely draw in more of them).

“Like people play for the cash prizes, it’s TF2 dude…”

That is true people mainly play this game for fun. However if there is a cash prize then we can get the top players from around the world to come over so they can have fun but also have something to play for instead of it just being a bunch of highlander mains getting drunk and then having a boring tournament for the viewers because the players don’t really give a shit. 6v6 is better if there are cash prizes involved because there are less players per team so that = more money for every player. I also said it before if you want the lan to be interesting the skill level needs to be high and you need a decent prize pool (i’m not talking about ti5 or anything, just something similar to this seasons etf2l one) so that the top teams will actually give a shit, pay money to go there and play at their best.

Its fair enough if you all think that highlander is the better choice for a lan but I think that this could have been great if it was a 6v6 lan and there was lots of hype created around it.

Last edited by sheepy dog's hand,

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Sheepy doesnt understand that players that are below premiership are also part of the community. He sounds like a upperclass snob to me :)

(over here in my post I would explain myself to undermine my statement, but since sheepy isn’t into reading threads I wont.)

Last edited by HartzFartz,

Selek

Dr. med.

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? If not, please read the thread and only reply if you have something new to contribute. There was discussion about it already, and it was way too long in the first place, IMHO.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 57 Next »