Forum

idea for a very special tf2-exclusive lan

Created 18th December 2014 @ 17:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next »

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

10/10 idea. PremTech is in for sure, all nine of us if this one is happening. No matter about prizes or sponsors but please make this happen. Amen. And I am sure that other top hl teams would attend this one as well. BUT INCASE u would make this just another 6v6 lan. None gives a fuck about it then.

Schalalaa

Seagulls

https://imgur.com/ZSHjIoQ

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from BAITO

10/10 idea. PremTech is in for sure, all nine of us if this one is happening. No matter about prizes or sponsors but please make this happen. Amen. And I am sure that other top hl teams would attend this one as well. BUT INCASE u would make this just another 6v6 lan. None gives a fuck about it then.

Well spoken

NULL

I will be here, and i dont care about prizes etc… (who plays TF2 to gain money ?)
Dunno if stacked want to do it, i can merc btw.

PS : BUT INCASE u would make this just another 6v6 lan. None gives a fuck about it then.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from NULL

PS : BUT INCASE u would make this just another 6v6 lan. None gives a fuck about it then.

you sir are very delusional

Akasazh

THG
HL

3 hrs by car: DeutschLAN here we come!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

i read croissant delivery

i’m in

Yggdrasil

Fe |

PREMATURE HYPE!

Blooddrunk

Nein

Let’s try to do this before July 12 because I’m not in Germany then anymore :D

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

Quoted from Akasazh

3 hrs by car: DeutschLAN here we come!

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

hl or 6v6 or both?
imo we should focus on 1 gamemode!
we cant expect as many players as on the i-series lan events. and if we decide to make hl the mainevent, i dont think enough people would attend. (maybe im wrong with that, but for me personally, i wouldnt be interested in a lan where the mainevent is going to be a gamemode i dont like and you just play 6on6 in mixes or whatever)
if we decide and run both gamemodes, there wont be 1 proper event, since as mentioned above, we cant expect too many players anyways.
i think we should focus on 6on6 as a mainevent, to run a proper lan.

i know everyone liked the idea of own houses and the cheap prices etc.
but we should maybe even consider another location since the main contra’s internet connection and a mainstage are really huge points against this location.
i really liked playing in a big hall with everyone else playing there.
obviously we would need to sort out shitty hotels or camping stuff then, but for a better internet connection and a mainstage, it might be worth it.
i saw some alternatives, not sure if its better with the connection or if the hoster of the lan events would be interested in hosting a tf2 lan, but on the pictures its looking pretty big.

http://www.junien.de/

pictures: http://www.lanparty.de/gallery/690.html

http://www.maxlan.de/

pictures: http://www.maxlan.de/gallery/?id=197&page=1

idk what you guys think about it?

date?
it should not be too close to the i55, nor to close to the holiday months, since it would stop a few people from attending.
the best date would be around march/april i think? not sure though if its possible to organise it, with that kinda short time of notice.

cheers kratos

Last edited by .kr4tos,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from .kr4tos

things

There is decent interest for a HL LAN I think, we have a couple 6v6 LANs already so arranging another one doesn’t really feel necessary to me. There may be people that won’t attend a LAN with HL as a main event but there may also be people that won’t attend a LAN with 6s as the main event.
Might as well try to run a HL LAN, if it doesn’t work out, we at least learned our lesson and can make it a 6s LAN next time.

You’re right, the location is not perfect, missing mainstage and bad internet are pretty big factors but there are people trying their best to find any solution for that.
I don’t think the houses are a problem, most people seem to be interested especially because of that and because it’s not just another standard LAN and you DON’t need to sort out any hotel stuff. Obviously also because of the central location and the price are pretty good.

The date is obviously tricky, there is always something stopping people from going to a LAN, e.g. March/April can be a problem because of exams.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

March/April is far too close/on top of InfoShow, which is an event we should be supporting if we can. Also yes, possibly schooling may get in the way still.

This is why July was originally thrown around as an idea – being pretty much in the middle of InfoShow/i55, and should hopefully have decent weather if we do want to try outside things. Also yeah, I think any earlier will force our hand a bit on organising it right away.

The stage can probably be worked around to an extent, by either something outside or a few hubs where we have projectors in a couple of houses. Just see what comes back from the internet side of things.

I don’t give a fuck about what is played. Just whatever is chosen the players have to support it. Highlander has never had a proper LAN so it’s a bit unfair to try and draw anything from previous attendance levels, but really, are there enough players willing? At this point, maybe it’s a stick to what you know: run a 6v6. If the event works out then let’s plan a highlander event there and do it properly. In terms of building a relationship with the organisers I think relying on the attendance of the 6v6 may help in the first instance.

It’s not one LAN and that’s it, it is plausible to do more in the future, let’s just actually get the ball rolling if it’s viable (read: pending internet).

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

I dont understand why this place is supposed to have bad internet? Isnt this designed for LANS?

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

Quoted from DCS

I dont understand why this place is supposed to have bad internet? Isnt this designed for LANS?

from what foungi found out, it only has around 1mbits upload.
which wont be enough to set up a proper stream for tftv.
for playing it will probably be enough

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next »