Forum

Broder fundraiser for i49!

Created 19th May 2013 @ 19:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Rinta

It’s kind of annoying when people ask for money while wearing unusuals in game. If you want to go so much (and this is a once-a-year event!) — be willing to sacrifice bit more than couple hours of half-hearted mentoring.

QFT

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Skyride

Not going to lie, but I really do think EU teams asking for donations are taking the piss a bit (that applies to CC too, I love the guys, but I’ve actually said this to them on a mumble too).

We’ve got an American team going because it’s huge hype and a HUGE deal when you look at the bigger picture. We’ve got an Australian team going because again, looking at the bigger picture it makes it a truly global event, and they’re only looking for help, not a free ride.

Pretty much regardless of where you’re from, the cost for any european team is at worst not even a quarter of what it’s costing to fly an NA or AU team to the event. I wish you the best of luck, but setting the precedent that it’s ok to have the community pay for anything that’s a little bit expensive is an awful thing long term.

If people are dumb enough with their money then you can’t really blame Broder.

I agree with you totally but what people spend their money on is their business.

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Zebbosai

we dont have seperate rooms the plan is to have 3

Cant you bring sleeping bags and just sleep in one?

Make it seem like you are making an effort. Say how much it will cost for the absolute cheapest to get to lan, say how much money you are contributing, and then make stretch goals for luxuries you want (more rooms, better transport, food etc) and have actual good prizes for them. at 500euros you will mentor the worst div 6 team, as long as they prove they are the worst.

At 600euros you will sing a certain song if you win. 1000 you all wear banana costumes to lan etc. Id donate just for that..

Instead its kind of just like gibe mone bles.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

Fallen

TC

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

Cant you bring sleeping bags and just sleep in one?

You greatly overestimate the size of the uni accommodation.

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Fallen

[…]

You greatly overestimate the size of the uni accommodation.

Didnt you play tetris?

dodgydogman

Panda

Double post wat.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

Trane

Quoted from Skyride

Not going to lie, but I really do think EU teams asking for donations are taking the piss a bit (that applies to CC too, I love the guys, but I’ve actually said this to them on a mumble too).

We’ve got an American team going because it’s huge hype and a HUGE deal when you look at the bigger picture. We’ve got an Australian team going because again, looking at the bigger picture it makes it a truly global event, and they’re only looking for help, not a free ride.

Pretty much regardless of where you’re from, the cost for any european team is at worst not even a quarter of what it’s costing to fly an NA or AU team to the event. I wish you the best of luck, but setting the precedent that it’s ok to have the community pay for anything that’s a little bit expensive is an awful thing long term.

It’s a reasonable opinion, but I don’t see how on earth you think asking the European community helping out one of their own favourite teams is anything other than fair.

It costs a quarter as much as an international team as you say – therefore we only need to raise a quarter of the amount to send them, no?

Zebbosai

ill try to add everyone that wants a signed weapon tommorow but pls guys put ur steam id in there

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Trane

It’s a reasonable opinion, but I don’t see how on earth you think asking the European community helping out one of their own favourite teams is anything other than fair.

It is fair. But the conversations I’ve had over the last few weeks with various people, I’m left with the impression that its a very entitled “hey, why should they get paid!??”, rather than “hey, might as well see if people want to donate”. Asking the community for shit loads of money every year isn’t really sustainable.

Last edited by Skyride,

Switch

soL.
T⑨

I think dodgy has the right idea. Set those kinds of targets, and carry them out at LAN (the mentoring one will be especially fun.

taro

really enjoyed the broder stream of the showmatch – it’s awesome (and sometimes hilarious) being able to hear your comms.

gl :)

Trane

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

It is fair. But the conversations I’ve had over the last few weeks with various people, I’m left with the impression that its a very entitled “hey, why should they get paid!??”, rather than “hey, might as well see if people want to donate”. Asking the community for shit loads of money every year isn’t really sustainable.

Well we aren’t all privy to the knowledge that you’ve garnered. Personally I would rather donate to the border effort. I gave a sizeable contribution to the American cause last year and I guess people thought that wasn’t sustainable either, yet this year it looks like we will potentially have more non Europeans at the summer LAN courtesy of donations.

Broder have done really well since forming for last season, and showed this evening that they could maybe cause an upset and have a real good run at becoming i49 champions. (in b4 ‘you can’t judge anything from a showmatch garbage’). If they could afford to fund themselves I’m sure they would, if they can’t it’s unfortunate – but we can help.

As a European person, I would really like to see Europeans victors this year. Having one of our best teams there certainly boosts the chances of that coming to fruition.

torden

broder
syster

Well I can safely say the guys don’t have that attitude at all, let alone feel entitled to anything.
And some of them have a simple choice: Being able to attend, or not being able to.

I don’t see why there should be imposed a geographical law, or minimal cost barrier, to asking for such help :)

torden

broder
syster

Also, some fantastic suggestions by dodgyman.

I’ve always had a dream of singing a victory song myself!
But I never won :<

IPZIE

SUAVE

100 bugs waiting for expense list

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »