x
Dear teams and players, thank you for participating in the ETF2L 6v6 Season 47 (Spring 2024). We would appreciate if you could take your time to go through this little feedback form.

Forum

I40 Rules + Latest News

Created 21st August 2010 @ 16:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Hey Guys

We wanted the ruleset to satisfy everyone casual to comp players and a happy medium but obviously that wont happen :) so please read and try to refrain from coming up to me at lan and threatening to chin me for picking Turdbine. These are provisional rules but wont change much if at all, i just need to find out how to edit the multiplay page ¬_¬.

Normal Gamemode: 6on6,
Medic, Demoman, heavy, engie limit 1,
Pyro, scout, soldier, sniper, spy limit 2

All Unlocks Allowed Except The Following:

Force-a-nature limited to 1.
TDH limited to 1

Sandman – Banned
Kritz-a-cola – Banned
Wrangler – Banned

Map Pool (Just a pool for maps that *could* be played doesn’t mean to say all will)

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_gravelpit (stopwatch mode)
cp_freight_final1
cp_coldfront
cp_gullywash_imp3
cp_obscure_final
ctf_turbine
cp_well

People have been asking me for a time table of what happens when, the best rough time table i can give without it being official is:

Thursday – Early arrival from 6pm i believe and you can buy this for £15 on the door. A day to setup pc’s tents and get drunk (rEJ drinking games whos in?)

Friday late evening 7/8ish we’ll play a few games of group stages to get things under way.

Saturday games start about 11 and go on till late afternoon/evening

Sunday – last of the games to be played and then aiming for a 4pm grandfinal (it usually runs over) but the prize ceremony could be latest 11pm depends how we did for time.

Monday can be used as a hangover day as i believe the lan is open till about 4pm, you can still mill about after that if your waiting for train/plane etc.

Please ask any questions and we’ll try to answer. Again the above is not set in stone but its the best we can come up with, with the information given to us.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

p.s. read this handy guide to help you to remember everything

[ ] Booking Reference – You got this when you paid for your ticket.
[ ] ID – Driving Licence, Student ID basically anything with a Photograph on it.

[ ] Computer Base Unit
[ ] Monitor
[ ] All required cables (power, monitor)
[ ] 4-way extension lead (preferably surge protected)
[ ] Keyboard
[ ] Mouse
[ ] Wireless KB/Mouse receiver (if applicable)
[ ] Mousemat
[ ] Headset
[ ] Games & OS CD/DVDs with product keys –
[ ] Batteries
[ ] Phone charger

[ ] Tent (check for pegs and poles)
[ ] Sleeping bag
[ ] Airbed (far more comfortable than the ground)
[ ] Pillow
[ ] Clothes (pack for sunshine and snow)
[ ] Wash stuff (or you’ll smell)
[ ] Towel
[ ] Torch

[ ] Food (can be obtained locally)
[ ] Drink (can be obtained locally)
[ ] Munchies (can be obtained locally)
[ ] Plastic cup (unless you want to drink soft drinks from the container all weekend)
[ ] Cash

[ ] Turn off file sharing before arrival (Vista will do this by default when you connect to the network)
[ ] Password on PC login & screensaver set to come on if you wander off

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Tapley ❤

heavy, limit 1,

All Unlocks Allowed Except The Following:

Tapley, if you remove Well from that maplist we should have sweet sweet babies.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[ ] vaseline for when you get reap’d
[ ] condoms to put over other people’s mice

F2

Danmark

Also remember: Other countries don’t use the same power sockets as in UK, so you might need to buy a power plug converter.

Waebi

‹Con›

haha i just MADE mine :D had tape all over the place where the 2 cables connected and it worked fine.

Quoted from F2

Also remember: Other countries don’t use the same power sockets as in UK, so you might need to buy a power plug converter.

If you are using a desktop rather than a laptop make sure your psu can take the ~240 volts (or whatever) as opposed to ~120 in mainland Europe.

Springer

DAKKA

Quoted from daithi1

[…]

If you are using a desktop rather than a laptop make sure your psu can take the ~240 volts (or whatever) as opposed to ~120 in mainland Europe.

Nah thats the only thing what they dont do different.

[ ] Drive on the left

Comedian

Quoted from daithi1

[…]

only the americans use 120v :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Weltkarte_der_Netzspannungen_und_Netzfrequenzen.svg

anyway, cheers for the list, its always nice for someone to make an checklist for you so you don’t need to make one yourself :D

seraph

rEJ

Do we need the aul network cables or will they be provided?

kaidus

WiK?

Plz don’t use coldfront.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

wants to see more well

Quoted from seraph

Do we need the aul network cables or will they be provided?

They were provided at i39. I’ll probably bring one anyway just to be sure.

Skyride

DUCS

They are. The cable you plug into your PC is like 10-30m long. :P

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

NOT LONG TO GO NOW =x.

Also, awesome tips on stuff to bring, cheers.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »