Forum

Getting Skilled

Created 3rd December 2009 @ 16:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Qwoter

Some questions to div 1/2 players.
Where’s better to improve my skill and aim? Is it only 6v6 games or dm’s and training maps are also useful? How many hours a day should i attend to a game?

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

6on6s for actually improving, but the R@ts DM server is great for warmups…

Turris and duels are actually good for soldiers I find and getting your airshots warmed up.

seraph

rEJ

Not trying to be a prick and not answer your question or anything, but if you’re asking the question “How many hours a day do i need to do this for?”, then you’re doing it seriously wrong.

Some slightly related advice: find a bunch of dudes you have fun playing and hanging around with, and just play with them a lot. Playing with the same people every night had a much bigger effect on my not-being-a-retard than any number of pickups. A hell of a lot more fun, too.

Also, as long as you can more or less point your crosshair in the general direction of the enemy you’ve got enough aim to get into div3. TF2 is a pretty forgiving game by way of aiming. It’s all about being smart.

Qun

GoT<3

buy mouse with mega high DPI, 5.1 headset, 27 inch screen, same mousepad as bybben (he’s the best scout in the world), lower your sens, use space for shooting and make sure you play from 19:00 till 23:00 without food and drinks.

I found playing against better players for 90% of the time I play TF2 to be a real good way. That can be in certain pubs (such as Hampshire Heavies), or in pickups/ammomod/turris/DM.

buy mouse with mega high DPI, 5.1 headset, 27 inch screen, same mousepad as bybben (he’s the best scout in the world), lower your sens, use space for shooting and make sure you play from 19:00 till 23:00 without food and drinks.

or this. Your choice.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Qwoter

The thing is i realised that if i spent all day long playing 6v6 my aim comes worth.And if i’ll play dm im loosing a sense of 6v6 game.
ViQun what’s bad about food and drinks? Also is it important to play regulary?

SfynX

T2P

viqun trying to play like a css/cod4 player. just play whenever you can, drink plenty of water/cola :D.
get your skill up in pugs get known and get invited to a team. doesnt matter on what mousemat you have etc, whatever you have available will do.
btw to become more effective at soldier you need to work on your rocket aim, midairing isnt everything but it is useful in some situations.

Last edited by SfynX,

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

you can get good by playing alot

getting skilled is more quality over quantity

Last edited by morf,

Bash

You either got it or you don’t.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

You either got it or you don’t.

and this

ambra

DM servers are mostly played by faggots and pickups are mostly played by people full of shit (nowadays at least): the only way to improve is playing scrims against better clans.

DM servers can be good if youre already a decent player and need a warmup and a pre-rage dose before you start a real match.

At least soldiers can get a decent training on bball (remarking that who plays demo in bball is a gigantic faggot and should take the time hes spending in bball probably doing the laundry or brushing his teeth) or turris.

Last edited by ambra,

Qwoter

Thank you for your answers. But i also noticed that if i play to much im getting tired and cant aim properly, and if i for example won’t play for 1 day my aim becomes like i have never played fps =( So i cant decide for how long and where to play. My class is demo and i really want to improve my grenade aim and airshots.

Last edited by Qwoter,

Wiiking

6on6s for actually improving, but the R@ts DM server is great for warmups…

Turris and duels are actually good for soldiers I find and getting your airshots warmed up.

is this one of almost every dm server that have “get all ur hp and ammo back if u frag someone” on? if so :P pass!

Last edited by Wiiking,

Edd

T2P

also having a good setup is quite important IE being comfortable when playing.

Sebb

IsF

1. Play against stronger enemys (in favour Russians, they are more aggressive than other teams ;] )
2. Dm all the time when ur team is not playing.
3. Do not care about gamesense i comes from alone. Skill > Sense.
4. Spec good players.
5. Stay with ur team, you only can improve with your team.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »