Forum

The thing you dislike most about Public TF2 Servers

Created 2nd August 2009 @ 15:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

eoN^

– Crits (and lucky kills therefore)

Competitive gamers want games to be completely balanced. So yeah crits is the main reason i think because it means that ANYONE can get a kill if they are lucky, and us competitive players want luck removed.

The funny thing is Valve themselves said they implemented the “killcam” system because they wanted people to be able to say “If i had done [this] i wouldn’t of died”, so people could advance their game sense and get better. Crits completely removes this because if your having a one on one fight and you get insta killed because of one lucky shot after you hit 2 perfect rockets its just depressing…

Also pyros, hopefully if Valve can encourage pyro players to aim and to use the deflect ability more pyro could be a great class but at the moment pyros can stand on a dispensor and just hold down mouse 1 or run around and spin and yet they still get good scores. I personally don’t believe spys should have to run 2 miles away from pyros i think it should be difficult for pyros to light someone. But the chances of that happening are very slim.

Thats one of the things i REALLY want those div1 players that are playing the TF2 beta to work on, adjusting the pyro to be more useful for a skilled player than it is for a m1+w player because at the moment its pretty 50/50.

Medics medics MEDICS my god they’re all idiots! The only person they can see is the buffed heavy who’s uselessly spun up and staring into a corner. It doesn’t occur to them that they can in fact heal OTHER players, and not just those at the top of the scoreboard.

In fact, general thoughtlessness is probably the main issue. You watch people walk blindly into sticky traps, walk blindly into sentries, throw themselves uselessly into the entire enemy team… Yes, 8v1 is definitely going to work! That sort of “I do not think, ever” also becomes abundantly clear when you notice that your team is almost entirely spies and snipers, despite the fact that you’re supposed to be defending.

…Also my game drops to 10fps in big fights. ;_;

HippyDave

.:ne:.

Pyros.

That is all.

Psyche

Lets see.

-> Arrow spam: Hmmmm not a problem, except it’s kind of hard to dodge 3 arrows coming at you and dodging the never ending pipe spam by the 6 demomen in the other team.
-> Retarded medics: “I healz heavy with 450 hp! you have 30 hp! you no need healz omg omgzzzz”
-> Retarded teammates (in general): I mean…engis on attack? Pyro trying to flame snipers 500m ahead of him, woohoo! engis defending last point when we’re on their 2nd? Etc, etc etc….
-> Endless wave of w+m1 players:
“Damn! that pyro got owned!”
“*goes for hp”
“All full again! oh, another pyro…dead again haha!”
“Oh wait, another one, and another and another and another… I’m dead.”

Largos^

PRO

Pyros. Ugghh

What about backburner pyro has 175 HP, Airblast has 150 HP?

Serious suggestion, but extra safe boxing kirby smiley just in case

Q-(‘.’C-)

iQue

keso

Pyros. Ugghh

What about backburner pyro has 175 HP, Airblast has 150 HP?

Serious suggestion, but extra safe boxing kirby smiley just in case

Q-(‘.’C-)

It’s not the airblast pyros that are a problem, hurgh. Pyros aren’t really a problem either, it’s just that there’s loads of them and they don’t use common sense, like not running straight into everything.

Froz3n

I just dislike playing in pubs when there are at least 4 pyros in one team plus 3 engis… And nearly 32 players playing in that server :)

franco

It’s so fuckin easy to get noobed in this game.

My team

toasty.

PHX

I enjoy playing on public servers. :D You just need to find the right ones to fit your mood.

You may have to server hop a bit but its not hard to find a good game.

Rele

I’d rather play on a public server than in a pickup.

It’s the same anyway.

tragett

I’d rather play on a public server than in a pickup.

It’s the same anyway.

Dis be true, pickups are good for beginners but when you got basic experience pugs are just…. lets just say i havent played one in 2 months

saiboat

im gonna go ahead and post the real reason here: losing against random lame noskill people :)

Shyguy

I hate when the other team haves about 3 FaN scouts, grouping up -.-

end0

[x]

im gonna go ahead and post the real reason here: losing against random lame noskill people :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »