Forum

Lawl stickies?

Created 27th July 2009 @ 14:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Waebi

‹Con›

Any modifications to models/textures/sounds or using custom files are not allowed (this doesn’t count .cfg files ofc). This count particles, which nobody should have had modified, but a lot of people broke this rule.

i dont “see” it on the rules page to be fair – and in most instances it’s just not NEEDED cause of sv_pure 2 and the consistency check ;)

are you kidding me? good luck on placing tactical stickies when your enemies can see them around every fucking corner, (excuse the language, but that post just doesnt make sense to me)

ill just go with nades until this bs is fixed, stickies (aka discoballs) are useless if my enemies are using this glitch

I agree with the sticky thing being borderline cheating but all I’m saying is that there’s no need for a witchhunt.

kaidus

WiK?

Glad this became so public off-season so valve have a while to fix it before it really matters.

And serious rofl at anyone saying this isn’t cheating. Serious rofl.

eoN^

Cool, now show the proof. I am so glad you’re stepping up and telling everyone you know of people cheating in etf2l/wireplay/mpuktf2-pickup and whatnot, since this will be so interesting to read. Thank you again, Eon!

So can i get this straight, I’m currently using noids rocket trails so am i an uber h4x0r who needs banned? Or is there some sort of “unspoken rule” say x is okay but y isnt?

If so either write it up and be willing to ban for it or stop whining because i personally am against being able to see stickys through walls but if alot of other people (who now know about it thanks to a few idiots…) can use this bug without any way of being caught… Let me put it this way, they have an advantage over me now, an unfair advantage but currently there is no way to prove it. Obviously some people are now using this, and personally im very tempted to just to even the playing feild, i wont because i have personal morals that I like to stick to but I’ve been using noids rocket trials for months now and I really like them, and his explosions, they are great and make the game alot simpler with a better FPS on mid point.

Question is, are you, the etf2l admins, going to ban everyone whos using this or are you just going to wait until Valve fix it (As always, no one has any idea how long this will be…) OR are you going to force servers to use TFTrue and ask Anakin to implement a block on doing this kind of thing?

Edit, would it even be possible to block this?

Bearing in mind if Valve do decide to fix this whos to say it will be fixed before next season?

Buck

Im soooooooooo using that, wait il go make some other nasty shit, maybe overheal particle to strech out over the skybox so i can see players across the map.

^sarcasm^

gryzor

I have completely missed the changelog from that part even though I usually read it on updates. That’s why I assumed it hasn’t ever been blacklisted.

This was due to a request by the community, if you google that phrase I quoted, you’ll find lots of people cheering about this change due to them being able to actually FIX some of their lag-issues and what not. They just did it… wrong :)

The league rules don’t separately forbid any special modifications that are allowed by the engine. There is a rule about bug abusing and stuff but this is whitelisted feature so it couldn’t be really considered as abuse. An even though this kind of modifications _have been_ considered as cheating, in ETF2L it currently isn’t unless the rules are changed (btw, I’m up for the change). For many people this isn’t de facto cheating and discussing on the forums wether it’s _currently_ cheating or not, doesn’t help much. Instead I would suggest that the rules are changed to make this thin clear. It’s kind of obvious that the change to blacklisting was a bit fuckup for sure since eg. that sticky bomb modification is somewhat much more than “a little thing people want to modify”…

Imho, it is clearly stated in the rules. Cheats are not allowed. Blowing up overheals so it’s visible half across the map gives all sorts of unfair advantages — being able to locate stickybombs in the same manner does the same. I will forward your request for more clarification of the rules regarding cheats and see if it can be made more clear. AnAkIns formulation above was not bad.

Question is, are you, the etf2l admins, going to ban everyone whos using this or are you just going to wait until Valve fix it (As always, no one has any idea how long this will be…) OR are you going to force servers to use TFTrue and ask Anakin to implement a block on doing this kind of thing?

Edit, would it even be possible to block this?

Bearing in mind if Valve do decide to fix this whos to say it will be fixed before next season?

This has been known about since october 2008, it was also reported to valve about the same time. It was only now, when that post and video began to spread that it has really “caught on”. I know of people who have mailed Robin, devs and pushed the issue on the steamforums — most likely, this will be given even more attention now. I am unable to say anything regarding ETF2L stance on the matter, since anything reaching consensus and getting approved will be posted on the front page as news. Safe to say, the matter will surely be given some attention due to all this.

Voff

nwave`

Cant wait till we see a fix on this :/

Krulltotten

²¹

Agreed Voff, it’s just outrageous to be able to spot the stickies like that.

Waebi

‹Con›

*hint hint* you could make the same with the medic buff particles *hint*

:D

Arnold

DAKKA

dec 1 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWbDn6KrQ4U&feature=related

AnAkkk

VALVe said they’re fixing it, sv_pure will now check particles.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Can someone tell them to implement cvars for norockettrail and low quality explosions? I mean, if i would have known this was possible i would have done it too.

Evil

Old

Waebi

‹Con›

Old

just like your mum.
in all seriousness, this is something that should be in the “omg help comp tf2 plx nao” thread, no fov or pistol script shit. A simple option to make the effects of trails/explosions look like the ones in noid’s hud, or the option to customise that stuff. DO WANT.

Bun

GM

Inbuilt particle editor, you can change colours and the texture of it. Like a green explosion that looks like a duck. Would be epic.

Also the option to remove certain particles, like rocket trails.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »