Forum

how YOU can help comp tf2

Created 26th July 2009 @ 06:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

djc

d2f~

do you have aspergers, kovacs?

xzr

why not? if it is something the competitive community wants, and valve has shown a willingness to do things specifically for that community…

CORRECTION, it’s something a couple of loud twats want. There’s a huge difference.

KOVACS

Nope carter, why??

eoN^

Also, the further the game mode we play deviates from vanilla TF2 the more segregated the competitive community is from public, and even the competitive community can split itself if there are competing mods with different groups favouring each for use. Look at COD4 community as an example, although it has now finally found some harmony again in agreeing on which promod to use.

I think CS:S is a good example, the vanilla game can be used for comp easily and that is one of the major factors that make CS:S one of the most popular comp games.

KOVACS

It’s just an easy game more than anything eon:) The transition from public to matchplay is also pretty simple since most of the skills necessary to play in matches can be learned from playing public then all that’s needed is the ominous “gamesense” map positioning and calls which take barely any time to learn. There is really not much tactical depth in CS:S. 1.6 is entirely different in that regard.

eoN^

It’s just an easy game more than anything eon:) The transition from public to matchplay is also pretty simple since most of the skills necessary to play in matches can be learned from playing public then all that’s needed is the ominous “gamesense” map positioning and calls which take barely any time to learn. There is really not much tactical depth in CS:S. 1.6 is entirely different in that regard.

Thats my point, can you genuinly say someone who is amazing at TF2 publics wont get rolled in a low pickup…

Its a pitty but its the way it is :<

RaCio

GoT²

Thats my point, can you genuinly say someone who is amazing at TF2 publics wont get rolled in a low pickup…

Its just a small learning curve they will need to pass. Things like rocketjumping in the fastest way to mid probably seem strange to most pubbers.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Only sick scouts wont, but those are rare.

eoN^

Only sick scouts wont, but those are rare.

Off pubs? Nowadays they are VERY rare…

xzr

first time I saw masiina he was ownaging in pubs ;]

was ages ago though =P

edit: also can we get some fucking sense in that quoting, you don’t have to quote the whole length of 10 posts before you. Fucking annoying

eoN^

first time I saw masiina he was ownaging in pubs ;]

was ages ago though =P

edit: also can we get some fucking sense in that quoting, you don’t have to quote the whole length of 10 posts before you. Fucking annoying

I enjoy it :)

infussle

i saw byte in a pub once…

UniversalSnip

the gotfrag thread is also quite heated, glad to see this is inspiring good discussion

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/406029/?cpage=1

EDIT: I should point out the pubbies seem quite happy about removing the fov cap and that as everyone knows, banning autopistol doesn’t work.

xzr

and I should point out the pubbies got no fucking clue on how this game really works. ie what affects what etc.

They’re just happy when their sentry is getting kills

Spary

If valve will listen to you and make an update with all the fixes you listed im gonna slice my wrists.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »