Forum

Pickups: Feature requests

Created 6th July 2009 @ 19:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 Next »

What about people like Dusty, Sigh, Psunfragga and me for instance? Before it went inactive, I could get along just fine in pu2 in terms of skill. Now, despite being good enough, we can’t play there because we haven’t got the right number (essentially). I’m not going back to pu1, and I’m 100% certain I’m far from the only one.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

ouch

+1

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Rele

[…]

Unless he’s Solly, Demo or Medic :S

Demo can easily carry a team.

SfynX

T2P

Dunno why ive not been invited, im a good allrounder and have great comms =[

BRING ON TF2LOBBY!

Stimpy

Now TF2 is dead. How the Fuck are people suppose to improve if they cannot be invited to play with better players. :Clap Clap: nice work. Which idiot made this one up?

I use to play pickup2 alot as medic, and some as soli recently. so did bubbles and many more. now we cannot join coz technicaly we are div 6/4 ish, becasue we never got picked by a better team.

So if psunfragga was still in her div 6/5 clan coz she liked the people, she is not allowed in pickup 2. Epic.

Quoted from SfynX

Dunno why ive not been invited, im a good allrounder and have great comms =[

BRING ON TF2LOBBY!

And why use the ammerican system? first come first served worked better, never not got the class i wanted to play.

Oh and there is already a div 1/2 pickup channel, which last i heard was dead so y mess up pu2?

Last edited by Stimpy,

Rele

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Demo can easily carry a team.

It’s still harder than as a scout imo.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Rele

[…]

It’s still harder than as a scout imo.

Not really.

Rele

Oh shaddap already :9

Bury.

internecine

Quoted from Stimpy

Oh and there is already a div 1/2 pickup channel, which last i heard was dead so y mess up pu2?

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

What about people like Dusty, Sigh, Psunfragga and me for instance? Before it went inactive, I could get along just fine in pu2 in terms of skill. Now, despite being good enough, we can’t play there because we haven’t got the right number (essentially). I’m not going back to pu1, and I’m 100% certain I’m far from the only one.

I don’t think saying you could manage pickup2 before will make a difference because they were saying the skill was lower before. Now they don’t want people from lower divs in because even if there are players who can manage the skill level, there are also those who can’t and get invited by friends etc. If they allow one person from a low div now, you have to allow them all, so its better to just not allow any rather than to allow them all and end up making pickup2 the same as pickup1, and thus completely pointless.

Having said all that, it just means I see where they’re coming from, not that I agree or that I like the fact theres virtually no chance of getting to play with/against div 1/2 players with any regularity. Oh well, what’s done is done, no point complaining about the decision, just play hard and get your team into div 3 I guess!

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

I don’t think saying you could manage pickup2 before will make a difference because they were saying the skill was lower before. Now they don’t want people from lower divs in because even if there are players who can manage the skill level, there are also those who can’t and get invited by friends etc. If they allow one person from a low div now, you have to allow them all, so its better to just not allow any rather than to allow them all and end up making pickup2 the same as pickup1, and thus completely pointless.

I meant get along with the Div3 players there. But as you said, it’s not gonna matter since it’s done and not likely to get reverted/changed. I simply don’t see why this was necessary since, as Shrew said, there already was a Div2/1 only pu channel.

lolage

TSPAG

They really should have just started a fresh with pickup2 keeping the same rules. And what they have done to pu2 now should have been pu3. Still a big demand for it i think…..

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

I meant get along with the Div3 players there. But as you said, it’s not gonna matter since it’s done and not likely to get reverted/changed. I simply don’t see why this was necessary since, as Shrew said, there already was a Div2/1 only pu channel.

Invite was totally inactive (like 2 pickups every 2 months). With the addition of div3 players there is a good player base for good games. Everybody knows that the best pug2 games were in the middle of the night and were mid+ pugs.

GangsterAlgot

I don’t know about you but the thing keeping me away from pug1/1.5/2 isn’t skill or comms it’s ventrilo. As Rake said earlier, I just cba to use ventrilo when mumble surpasses it in every sense.

Last edited by GangsterAlgot,

Archy

guru
G-Yoda

Ill fill u guys in on a little trick -> I don’t know why u insist so much on playing with ‘higher’ players anyway, u can learn the same and probably more by just watching those games on stv… let them play and just enjoy specing.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 Next »