Forum

Pickups: Feature requests

Created 6th July 2009 @ 19:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 Next »

Cheez

I can understand you top div guys wanted to play without lower div players, in the same way that I wouldn’t want to play with public players in 6v6 all the time. But surely you all know each other well enough (if not actually personally but at least by name/clan) that you can easily get 6 of you together and play a mix?

As for the pu1.5 idea, surely just implementing a level up from pu2 (pu3 maybe? ;) ) would be easier. This would keep pu2 as it is, keeping alot of people happy who want to play with people who use comms well and giving us the chance to play with the great players we watch on stv. Then the top players who can’t stand to play with us ‘shitnerds’ can just sign up to pu3 while ones who don’t mind can sign up to both (in the same way I might sign to pu1/2 and play whichever fills first)

Just an idea I thought I’d throw out there.

Waebi

‹Con›

OMG I CANT PLAY ANYMORE IM SO FUCKED
edit: oh wait, I actually quit. My error.

Last edited by Waebi,

.____________.

I liked how you used the word “error” waebi :D

Love the new idea, gogo.

Skyride

DUCS

Did anyone actually read that forum post?

f2 is planning another pickup channel thats a mid-way between pu1 and pu2. That should be good.

Rele

Quoted from F2

[…]

Optimally it should go like this:
1. Person A gets invited to the channel
2. Person A knows a person B who would be a good addition to the channel so he requests an invite for B.
3. Then Person B will be invited (or the request will be rejected)

4. Then Person A tells Person B he got invited.
5. Person B states he doesnt care and he thinks pickups suck.

So instead of adding people that *might* not care at all it’s probably better to grant people a chance of getting in without them having to pm 20 different people until they find someone who is willing to request an invite for them.

oblivion

Quoted from Skyride

Did anyone actually read that forum post?

f2 is planning another pickup channel thats a mid-way between pu1 and pu2. That should be good.

Cheez made an excellent contribution on this matter, as have others. Pug 1.5 (good name cheez :D) will simply be left to fend for itself as pug2 has been if we’re not careful, and you get the exact same problems cropping up.
The difference is you no longer have the good players to balance things out a bit, and the admins are spread yet more sparsely to deal with issuing warnings.

I don’t think I’ve ever played pug1 with an admin, but it happens a more reasonable amount of pug2. My suggestion would therefore be that any new pug “1.5” would require admins who are happy to play there and to give something back to the community.
I personally wouldn’t mind doing spot checks on vent and making sure everyone in pug 1.5 was using comms correctly, i.e. when someone says “where are you” they at least respond.

By tightening up the rules on who can send invites and having some active pug 1.5 admins then we could really have a successful 3 tiered pug system (I say 3 tiered because to my knowledge invite doesn’t really happen :P).

Pug1 could do with some harsher sentencing as people simply don’t seem to care, and its not often that I see warnings issued because very few people lodge complaints.

To me it seems just a shame that pug 1.5 isn’t going to be implemented for another 1-2 months.

Edit- what are the chances of forcing a move to mumble 1.2? It would make seeing who is and isn’t communicating a lot easier from a complaints point of view.

Last edited by oblivion,

Wheres everyone going now that F2 has broken/fixed* MPUK pickups?
Seems since reshuffle activity has dropped and BF2BC or MW2 has a new lease of life…coincidence?

*delete as appropriate

Kinda retarded to do this without setting up the intermediate channel, tbh. pu1 is total shite and pu2 isn’t available for us.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I fucking love the new pickup system. Games are pretty much always exciting and people don’t make constant mistakes. You can actually trust a player to do his job so you don’t get dicked from all sides. And if a player thinks he’s good enough to play there I’m pretty sure he can carry his team to div3.

Last edited by Koeitje,

TopGear

tH

Only noticed the new pickup system last night and the games I played in were alot more enjoyable than before the membership policy was adjusted. I will be playing more pickups now, I just hope the smaller member base will not effect the frequency of pickups played. And as for the argument that people from div [xx] will not get to play is nonsense as if the player is skilled enough in the opinion of an admin then they will be considered for entry (space allowing).

And as for the argument that people from div [xx] will not get to play is nonsense as if the player is skilled enough in the opinion of an admin then they will be considered for entry (space allowing).

I got the impression that there is no way to get into the channel if you do not have div 1-2-3 experience? Even if you are good enough

edit: here it is http://forums.krus.dk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21

Last edited by dusty,

Quoted from TopGear

I just hope the smaller member base will not effect the frequency of pickups played.

Quoted from dusty

I got the impression that there is no way to get into the channel if you do not have div 1-2-3 experience? Even if you are good enough

Im sure as numbers dwindle this will be reviewed!

Assault Marine Sigh

Quoted from dusty

edit: here it is http://forums.krus.dk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21

Indeed.

From what I know, even if you are good enough to get into div3 as you say Koeitje, then you must still wait a good month or more….

Last edited by Assault Marine Sigh,

Rele

Quoted from Koeitje

And if a player thinks he’s good enough to play there I’m pretty sure he can carry his team to div3.

Unless he’s Solly, Demo or Medic :S

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

I fell in love with pu1 today, it’s so awesome. I mean, people really have a slight idea what to do. Back to publics even more.

Last edited by Nmx,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 Next »