Forum

Hmm, teach me oh wise ones !! lend me your knowledge !

Created 6th June 2009 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

FireStorm

-9m-

2) The high ping advantage theory is a bit of a myth but at the same time it is half true as well, I don’t know where people get this hitboxes are larger theory from cus there is no part of the lag comp netcode to account for that. If you hit on ur screen, you should hit on the server.

Blood on the face stuff is client side, crit hit on hs is server side. Ofc its the internet and no netcode can account for the pings perfectly, this is where the inconsistency comes from.

Remember if you are interp’ing at 30ms and have a ping of 30 ms you are effectly playing with lantancy of 60 ms but the lag comp is compensating for that as best it can but its not perfect.

The part where a high ping is a known advantage comes from where you are moving around corners. A high pinger walking out from cover will see you before you see them. And someone with a high ping plus maybe high interp, can move from cover and line up his shot, before he has even appeared on ur screen.

Is high ping a advatage? Well you got the answer urself, if it was such a advantage why don’t players increase there ping? Maybe cus they soon find out its not a advantage and just like something to blame there fail on :P

8) Is a crucial bit of info any good medic should know

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=1656

Assault Marine Sigh

Ah I thought id read that somewhere. My memory sucks so thats probably why I missed it.
Ill give it a shot lowering my sense more. I tend to find I over-shoot while sniping alot and maybe this will help :D

Thanks for all the reponses guys its much appreciated. I wasnt sure if people would take this even slightly seriously so I thank you for that.

exm

Ill give it a shot lowering my sense more. I tend to find I over-shoot while sniping alot and maybe this will help :D

zoom_sensitivity_ratio

’nuff said…

kolox

obs.

If you can be bothered to read this it clears up a lot of mouse myths, dpi etc.

http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html

dpi should be as high as possible to avoid pixel skipping, windows sensitivity should be kept on the default (6 for xp, i think) and you should adjust the in-game sens to your liking (according to that guide).

There’s even a formula to give you the right in-game sens when you switch dpi.

Hellfish

1) cmd_rate is a dimension of how many times your compute will send your datas to the server ( per second i think)
if u lower it less datas will be send, opposite if you raise it.

cmd_update rate is a measure of how often your computer asks for the position of other players. u can think about what happens when u raise or lower it.

rate is the max amount of data being sent to you from the server. youll receive more datas when there a many players on the server. think 25000 is the standard for a good internet connection.

I dunno, but i think theres something true at the theory bout highpign and better sniping.
When i play American Pickups, i actually dont hit anything but as sniper.

But to the Aimstyles, is there somethign like a ‘Guide somewhere, what aimystyle is called how, how it looks and the advantages?

Smofo

Im THAT good!

If you can be bothered to read this it clears up a lot of mouse myths, dpi etc.

http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html

dpi should be as high as possible to avoid pixel skipping, windows sensitivity should be kept on the default (6 for xp, i think) and you should adjust the in-game sens to your liking (according to that guide).

There’s even a formula to give you the right in-game sens when you switch dpi.

This is so true always your sensitivity to your own likings the less you change it the more you’ll get used to it imo and highest dpi ofc cause of pixelskipping and windows sens on default.

Nvm, someone just answer him.

im assuming you were gonna write something ? or did then ninja edited ? why not just be honest, if you think im a noob go for it. though I cant see how …

Just didnt wanna derail your thread with post #2 by saying that most of those can be answered by consulting google for 10 minutes so I edited it.

If there was a “delete post” button we wouldnt have this conversation right now.

Assault Marine Sigh

well yes im well aware of what ‘google’ is unfortunatly I very much doubt id have gotten the simple yet informative responses I got on here. I thank you for altering your post.

Comedian

hence the reason he edited his post…

Assault Marine Sigh

hence the reason he edited his post…

hence the reason for thanking him ?

pointless post much ? yes indeed …

To add to the question about projectiles and hitscan weapons passing through teammates, if I’m not mistaken everything passes through as long as you dont hit the dead center of the model, or the head. At least that seems to hold true for rockets and nades..

Guess it just works like teammate-collision with the core of the model being solid.

xtala

I would like to see that confirmed, I airshotted a teammate today and it got me called cause the guy on other team didn’t get hit.

FireStorm

-9m-

It just works on distance as said before, and is different depending on what weapon you are talking about demo pipes and stickys always pass through players.

Rockets pass through players up to a certain distance this is to stop griefing from players blocking ur rockets and close distance and you taking the self dmg, you will also notice rockets will never go though friendly buildings such as sgs.

exm

After recent update Valve claims that sniper rifle now can shoot through team mates. I noticed, that either it doesnt work, or you cant get headshots with that. Can anyone test/bust/confirm this statement?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »