Created 19th May 2009 @ 19:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

jgmaster

BM

Freight and Fastlane?

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

Lokalen isnt any fun any more. Bad server and ppl on them, miss it when all the good ppl used to be there :/

cook

FB

217.163.24.170:27015

The DeathKiller McMurder League of Extraordinary Gentlemangs.

I don’t remember how I found this, but they have alltalk on.

It’s a European server, but they are all American. They call everyone a hacker and say “oh my god” every time you kill them, and abuse you if you have a clan-tag. They are all in their teens, and the server is riddled with in-jokes that no one would understand.

Go on there. Play sniper. Close range headshot 1 person, and watch the hilarity commence, as they all begin to call you suspicious. Some will go on spec, and at this point I start going engi and act like a dumbass just to piss them off. When they return to a team, I go scout and destroy them again. Eventually, after much hilarious moaning and crying I get banned, and 1 day later, it begins again.

You can’t get banned permanently. I’ve been banned like 10 times for hacking.

Funkeh

DStM

fucking epic :D

ONlock

YOYO\'

“217.163.24.170:27015”

Favorited…

Rele

need more TF2DM servers with more than 1 map!

Would you like to suggest some maps which aren’t completely unfair on scouts? We have found badlands middle point to be the fairest point for all classes, where-as granary just wouldn’t work since scouts would get dominated. Follower might work, but the middle is pretty much the same as badlands.

I was thinking gravelpit but I don’t know if it would work due to people trying to cap points all the time :/

As I said before it shouldn’t be all about middle point, spread the spawns over the whole map and increase server slots to match.

IMO the point of DM is to improve for matches, if scouts are weak on middle point of Granary then surely playing DM on it againt heavy classes is a great way to improve no?
And even so, you can add a votemap instead of a fixed rotation (just make sure you cant vote the map you’re already on) so the most popular map will be picked.

As for capping, I’m pretty sure there is a way to make the cap time ridiculous, like ten minutes for a scout to cap a point, that will stop capping in DM. And if you need help making spawnpoints for other maps let me know I’ll lend a hand ;)

The problem simply is that in a real match you only play against 2 soldiers and you are faster on the middle point. In tf2dm youre there at the same time and there is the possibility of more soldiers that can just rocketjump on the crates and instantly regain the health. Scouts would have to go to the ramproom to kill the sollies up there, and if they do, theyre back way faster than the scouts could. So granary would be just about whos holding the crates and would become a real spam fest.

And spreading out spawns over the whole map is senseless. You wouldnt face any enemies at all really. You could as well just set tournament mode, would be pretty much the same, except that you always spawn at your respective first point.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Well obviously you would have to scale it somehow so where it is 2v2 they all spawn near middle but when its 8v8 or 10v10 the spawns go right back to last CP to spread it out and not make it all about getting to middle ASAP.

Memento Mori

yeaa [SAS] public server… with all the people who play on it… and the cool maps :(

cook

FB

Use the nick [FB] The PRODUCT of a Cook for extra hilarity on that server!

fJack

k^m

Lokalen isnt any fun any more. Bad server and ppl on them, miss it when all the good ppl used to be there :/

damn, i had a feeling that might be the case.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4