Forum

SNSD vs Epsilon

Created 23rd May 2015 @ 09:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from 4hp

On a different note, if you want a showdown of top HL vs top 6s, seems to me that modern-day Highpander/Chessclub/Premtech would be miles ahead of SNSD. No?

Impossible to know

san alex

From what we tried in portuguese lans, a match with the best 6s players (haunter,coinz,kiler,toda etc) against a team of 9 decent mid/high players, will always end in a win to the HL side.
In the Pubstars vs Pros its the oposite i know, but when you put decent players in the Hl team its really hard for the 6s team.
Most of the SNSD roster is made by prem 6s players too, so I doubt epsilon would have a chance.

Last edited by san alex,

Samytsi

:-)

ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX ALX

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Impossible to know

As soon as actual highlander teams joined prem SNSD fell away. Because most of the players weren’t interested enough to learn another gamemode which rewards map/meta knowledge over DM. Season 1-4 of highlander were basically like Season 1-10 6v6. Interesting but the level of play was never was at its highest due to people still working out how to play the gamemode to its full potential.

So yeah current teams are way ahead of where SNSD were. But doesn’t take away how much SNSD dominated in the early days.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Munky

[…]

As soon as actual highlander teams joined prem SNSD fell away. Because most of the players weren’t interested enough to learn another gamemode which rewards map/meta knowledge over DM. Season 1-4 of highlander were basically like Season 1-10 6v6. Interesting but the level of play was never was at its highest due to people still working out how to play the gamemode to its full potential.

So yeah current teams are way ahead of where SNSD were. But doesn’t take away how much SNSD dominated in the early days.

“Actual highlander teams” joined when SNSD had lost Alx, so it’s not a fair comparison.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Munky

[…]

snsd has bled some of their key players from season to season – with replacements albeit good, never quite up to the par as before, either due to the individual skill or the lack of perfect chemistry. THe competition also got heated, yes, however the amount of effort & desire to win has never changed. Anyone from the team, from any of its phase can tell you that we have always put in tremendous amount of effort into working as a team and playing HL, and playing pcws on a regular basis. and much of the metagame that has developed across the years was first introduced by us.. so i wouldn’t say that we were just a bunch of 6v6 players running around the map. Most of us played HL for over 4 years using the same classes, its absolutely understandable that people got bored with it.

Last edited by Linus,

Thalash

wG
S-O

snsd sucked lmao

go highpander!!!!!!

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

zoob merced for SNSD in most of their showmatches iirc, probably why he was included here mistakenly.

No Buttnose no win

Quoted from Munky

[…]

Actual highlander players? Are you forgetting actual highlander teams that played when SNSD did? Colony, May Contain Nuts, Turbopoop. Do these not count or something?

Some teams back then were simply 6v6 DM’ers (SNSD almost included?), but there were lots of teams back then that were considered ‘actual highlander’ players. What you are saying about people learning how to play highlander throughout the seasons is most accurate.

I don’t like people thinking SNSD only won Highlander back then because they out DM’d 6v6 scrubs. As someone who got smashed by SNSD throughout Seasons 1-3 they were definitely a step above the actual 6v6 DM’ers.

Munky

AEUGH

Back in those days UGC was more the home of highlander. ETF2L would have 10 highlander officials a year (maybe less if a team or two dropped) and teams took ages to reach where they should be. So people played UGC to play more highlander and back then Plat was very competitive. Teams got a lot better very quickly due to playing 25+ officials a year. It reached the point where the top of plat was better than the top of prem.

Then division size was increased. Killswitch, itsallgood and Highpander (more complicated due to being mix of HL/6s) showed how stale prem had been. And highlander changed as the increase in div size and increase in competition slowly pushed UGC out of importance.

So I will stick with what I said. Teams S5+ are a lot better than what came before them (one heavy doesn’t really change that) but that doesn’t diminish what they achieved during the earlier seasons.

Though maybe I am looking through rose tinted glasses. It has been a few years.

Last edited by Munky,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Munky

Back in those days UGC was more the home of highlander. ETF2L would have 10 highlander officials a year (maybe less if a team or two dropped) and teams took ages to reach where they should be. So people played UGC to play more highlander and back then Plat was very competitive. Teams got a lot better very quickly due to playing 25+ officials a year. It reached the point where the top of plat was better than the top of prem.

Then division size was increased. Killswitch, itsallgood and Highpander (more complicated due to being mix of HL/6s) showed how stale prem had been. And highlander changed as the increase in div size and increase in competition slowly pushed UGC out of importance.

So I will stick with what I said. Teams S5+ are a lot better than what came before them (one heavy doesn’t really change that) but that doesn’t diminish what they achieved during the earlier seasons.

Though maybe I am looking through rose tinted glasses. It has been a few years.

I don’t remember UGC ever being the home of highlander, it’s true ETF2L had only 6 teams per division and a very irregular season schedule, but I would still say the best teams played here. UGC may have been more competitive (closer, more active seasons etc) but I would still say ETF2L had the elite highlander teams. My knowledge of UGC back then was almost zilch, but I think this is a reasonable ‘guess’.

Oh I’m not saying I disagree with that part, teams like itsallgood, killswitch, highpander, chessclub and a few others are almost definitely better than any other oldschool team than SNSD. It’s hard to compare the oldschool SNSD to them though. I have played against both, but under very different circumstances. SNSD felt untouchable back in the day, not like any other team currently.

So yeah there isn’t really an answer to this, but it would be very interesting for sure.

Linus

[d¿s]

ugc teams at the time lacked dm, and were nowhere near as good as colony or especially nuts for example, they were very similiar to us. they started off as pubbies, then eventually worked their way up. but anyway, comparing old to new is pointless anyway. when you win everything its hard to improve, cause you dont know whats missing.

and, tbh, it wasnt just alx. we bled a lot of players, eventually even tviq. anyway, it was a great run. and dont forget, we were div 6 shitters in the HCC, so its not like we just decided to start HL as a side activity.

Bulow

GG

I think the more recent champions are probably ‘better’ at Highlander since there’s a greater depth of knowledge now than there was in the first few seasons. But none of them have dominated like SNSD did. Three championships and four finals is more than any other team has achieved, and it will be at least another season before it is matched (if Highpander win season 8).

They also had Kaido.

Last edited by Bulow,

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Munky

It reached the point where the top of plat was better than the top of prem.

It was never the case, since my team (turbopoop e-sports) stomped everyone @ ugc with ease (we won plat 3 times) and simultaneously had a very hard time playing @ top div etf2l (2nd place in S1 and 6th place in S2). UGC was always inferior in terms of top teams, it just had more competition inside of the tiers compared to etf2l divisions.

4hp

didn’t mean to take anything away from SNSD of course. Maybe that would be a much more interesting showdown if it were possible, SNSD vs tomorrow’s winner, than a 9v6.

Popcorp

Quoted from 4hp

didn’t mean to take anything away from SNSD of course. Maybe that would be a much more interesting showdown if it were possible, SNSD vs tomorrow’s winner, than a 9v6.

Everyone who played in S4 SNSD quit Tf2, except Kaidus. So it’s impossible sadly.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »