gf18_idiot

Top5rocket

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

viewmodel_fov != fov_desired

That was sarcastic.

Jukspa

chumtoad.

Although we don’t play gpit in ETF2L anymore, YouMustMike’s idea on how to improve A/D maps in comp was really good imo.

Teams should be forced to play out every offence, so the second team on offence has to finish even if the first teams offence beats theirs, and, instead of deciding individual rounds, tally offence times up to determine the winner.

As it stands a team could have a 10 minute defence and 3 minute cap the first round, a 4 minute offence and a 3 minute defence, and another 4 minute offence and 3 minute defence would lose. But, if the teams offences were tallied the losing team in this case would win.

The reason I suggest this is because it feels very terrible to play a very strong defence, and then cap extremely quickly and have that round be worth less than the following two rounds where someone rolls the die and snipes my Medic and wins by a difference of like 30 seconds.

An official implementation of this system would help immensely(a cvar preferably, tf_tally_offense_times 0/1 or something like that).

Quoted from Starkie

delay the pause 90 seconds to STV (so they see when the pause actually happens)

I think this is a bad idea because you can have people in the stv ghost for you since pauses usually last more than the stv delay of 90 seconds. I don’t really see any benefit in having the spectators see when the pause happens.

atmo

It might be worth mentioning to Valve that the Oculus Rift allows you to have 110 degrees FOV. Not really fair on the other users in terms of balance, eh?

Quoted from gf18_idiot

[…]

That was sarcastic.

Can you do a smilie next time

gf18_idiot

Top5rocket

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Can you do a smilie next time

:)

amppis

DTR

Maybe make the original a second default rocket launcher and not an unlock so that when the item servers are down you could still use it, or maybe include a possibility to make the default rocket launcher be in the middle? Its annoying to be forced to use the default rocket launcher sometimes due to the item servers being down.

Sketch

MM

Wow this thread is a joke now.

Fov 90 already gives you like 105/110 fov on a widescreen monitor.

Every game that ever had a separate competitive client died. It is a bad idea.
Anyone who has issues with load times or performance in tf2 should consider upgrading their 5 year old hardware.

There isn’t much I can actually think of in tf2 that is broken.
Clipping in the source engine is always an issue. Which is what makes the rocket and physics damage break. Train tracks and stairs need a clip on them and the game is fixed

Ramown

TIDS

https://i.canvasugc.com/ugc/original/fa76f77348f593768c5a83b684a0bbf64487b536.png The ideas are become worse every page.

Just give us the choice to load cosmetics

Carlos Kaiser

Add an option in the main menu to spectate competitive games, basically a source tv browser of selected games.

Add tc_hydro to a/d map rotation.
Combine sd_ and ctf_ in the Quickplay menu.
Add Arena to the Quickplay menu.

Replace cp_coldfront, pl_barnblitz, ctf_turbine, cp_fastlane and koth_viaduct with their pro versions.

Maps that i personally think would be a great addition to the game:
cp_snakewater
cp_process_rc2
cp_croissant_rc6
koth_arctic_b3

Here’s a full list of maps ever played in ETF2L or UGC, sadly i have no idea about the maps played in ESEA:
cp_ashville_b6
cp_bazillion_rc2
cp_croissant_rc6
cp_erosion_rc1
cp_follower
cp_furnace_b4
cp_grack
cp_gullywash_pro
cp_indulge
cp_konkreet
cp_mainline_rc6
cp_metalworks_rc2
cp_obscure_final
cp_obscure_remake_ugc_rc2
cp_pro_dustbowl
cp_pro_granary
cp_process_rc2
cp_prolane
cp_quay_b3a
cp_resonance_rc3
cp_science
cp_snakewater
cp_standin_rc1
cp_toxic
cp_warmfront
cp_warpath
cp_waste
ctf_converge_b3
ctf_chaos
ctf_haarp_test8
ctf_haunt_b2
ctf_impact2
ctf_mercy_b5
ctf_turbine_pro_rc2
dom_canalzone
dom_canalzone2
koth_arctic_b3
koth_ashville_rc1
koth_pro_viaduct_rc3
koth_waste
pl_barnblitz_pro
pl_borneo_v3
pl_swiftwater_ugc
pl_waste_v2

Imagine if valve playtested these maps or made a public map contest to choose what maps will become official.

Last edited by Carlos Kaiser,

Godof

Guys, stop counting on the fact that Valve even look at this post… Simplifize your ideas,walls of text won’t help.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Godof

Guys, stop counting on the fact that Valve even look at this post… Simplifize your ideas,walls of text won’t help.

I agree with this, I mean obviously the most pressing Issues, where this all stemmed from, is FOV.

Personally, I’d try to focus on that. If you present a big list, they might do a few things, but probably not the ones you really want.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Jukspa

I think this is a bad idea because you can have people in the stv ghost for you since pauses usually last more than the stv delay of 90 seconds. I don’t really see any benefit in having the spectators see when the pause happens.

when teams pause there’s nothing going on but what often happens is a fight gets paused mid-way through which is a bit annoying for spectators
I see what youre saying about the ghosting but it doesnt seem too likely to interrupt any plays

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »