Forum

[Top teams] What about spectating real time instead of stv?

Created 22nd January 2012 @ 13:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

frymaster

Quoted from Arie

fry! <3

[…]

No. To put the casters on 90 seconds delay we'd need relay bots. Relay bots aren't authed so can't have special permissions to speak.

We could make it work with a few special conditions:
– No longer have the "talk to your friends while listening" channels
– Have everyone in the root channel again, with the caster-relay-bots unmuted manually

Pausing/unpausing with the streamers on 90 seconds delay is going to be weird for the stv users as well ;)

tl;dr I need to work on channel passwords (“access tokens”) for the bots :/

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

Why can’t the listen-while-talking-to-your-clan channel be linked to the relay-cast channel?

[Not trying to be a dick, genuinely wondering why]

Last edited by Daleth,

frymaster

basically, as it stands the bots have no way to authorise with a server. For the eavesdropper, this isn’t hard to fix (it just needs one client certificate, would take ~2 minutes to patch that into the bot code)

But there’s a non-fixed number of mimic-bots, and ideally you want them to be named like the real person, so you can’t use certificates. This means that each mimic bot is, as far as the server is concerned, the same as every other user (unless manually moved/unmuted by admins).

This means that, if they can talk, you can talk. If you can hear them, you can hear other people in the same channel as them. And if they can join a particular channel, you can join it too.

Next version will let the bots use access tokens, which is what lets you create “password protected channels” and the like. That will solve the problem. ETA unknown.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Okay, makes sense. Thanks.

frymaster, is it possible to in any way have a bot or the server record the mumble comms?
I may be way off track here but just thought I would ask anyway.

Taimou

because xsplit has finally made the game source option for premium users, I am happy to announce I can stream source games full screen zero lag :)
everyone is welcome there, no need to have 100 slot servers.

Sketch

MM

I am getting the feeling that we are trying to fix something here, which is functioning perfectly already.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Taimou

because xsplit has finally made the game source option for premium users, I am happy to announce I can stream source games full screen zero lag :)
everyone is welcome there, no need to have 100 slot servers.

is that all games or just games you win? :D?

Taimou

Quoted from Si^

[…]

is that all games or just games you win? :D?

i’d have to be a psychic to know before even starting to play and stream.
dunno if you’re mentally disabled.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Wrong thread :D

Last edited by CommanderX,

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

as a ‘top player’ I find it to be coolio.

Comedian

Quoted from Sketch

I am getting the feeling that we are trying to fix something here, which is functioning perfectly already.

assuming something is perfect is a good way to stop trying to improve and innovate.

as for skeej’s point, yes, its really hard to spectate a game with 12 people, which is why i think spectating from the server would be a huge improvement over spectating from STV. I feel that my best camerawork was done on the i43 finals, when we were casting live from the server instead of from the STV.

something that should be be mentioned as well, is that casting from the server would require us to use a diffrent HUD or rework the vanillaHUD since it uses custom assets which are blocked by SV_pure, and i dont think we’d want to have sv_pure off

frymaster

Quoted from CUBE

frymaster, is it possible to in any way have a bot or the server record the mumble comms?
I may be way off track here but just thought I would ask anyway.

It’s possible, but the bots don’t decode the audio (they just forward it on) so they aren’t coded to do it.

mumble clients can record, though

Darkdwarf

[MvP]

Quoted from Comedian

[…]

assuming something is perfect is a good way to stop trying to improve and innovate.

as for skeej’s point, yes, its really hard to spectate a game with 12 people, which is why i think spectating from the server would be a huge improvement over spectating from STV. I feel that my best camerawork was done on the i43 finals, when we were casting live from the server instead of from the STV.

something that should be be mentioned as well, is that casting from the server would require us to use a diffrent HUD or rework the vanillaHUD since it uses custom assets which are blocked by SV_pure, and i dont think we’d want to have sv_pure off

Don’t drop the VanillaHUD, it’s pure awesomeness.

Miek

prfsnlgmr

For 1: Not sure what this is fixing, I don’t think there’s any issues with Mumble’s quality or delay?
If it switched to audio only on the stream, I probably wouldn’t watch anymore since I usually can’t play the stream without loads of buffering. It would also be annoying to have all the game audio from the stream while watching in stv.

For 2: Makes sense, so I made a plugin: http://etf2l.org/forum/customise/topic-20108/ :>

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »