Forum

Why can't I play huntsman?

Created 1st July 2011 @ 00:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Sketel

Tech.

It was within the rules of the game, so they should not have kicked you. In fact, one could even say that kicking your opponents out of the game is NOT within the rules of the game, which makes them worse.

Now, if they had included ‘ban huntsman’ in the cfg of their server, or it was explicitly agreed before the game that Huntsman would not be in play, then, during that particular game, Huntsman would be breaking the rules.

They’re just butthurt. My team were kicked from a scrim because we had an engineer. He wasn’t even playing seriously – he was pissing about with humorously placed teleporters and dispensers. We played another team and 5-0’d them with the engineer, and they said our victory was invalid and we were clearly noobs for having an engineer. People make up their own fictitious rules in the game and then are a) surprised and b) butthurt when other people don’t follow the same made-up rules.

dauk

Quoted from Sketel

It was within the rules of the game, so they should not have kicked you. In fact, one could even say that kicking your opponents out of the game is NOT within the rules of the game, which makes them worse.

Now, if they had included ‘ban huntsman’ in the cfg of their server, or it was explicitly agreed before the game that Huntsman would not be in play, then, during that particular game, Huntsman would be breaking the rules.

They’re just butthurt. My team were kicked from a scrim because we had an engineer. He wasn’t even playing seriously – he was pissing about with humorously placed teleporters and dispensers. We played another team and 5-0’d them with the engineer, and they said our victory was invalid and we were clearly noobs for having an engineer. People make up their own fictitious rules in the game and then are a) surprised and b) butthurt when other people don’t follow the same made-up rules.

Or maybe team wants to improve and playing against higher skilled opponents that troll with engineers and huntsman won’t help much? I would call you dorks too.

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Quoted from dauk

[…]

Or maybe team wants to improve and playing against higher skilled opponents that troll with engineers and huntsman won’t help much? I would call you dorks too.

Why? Because we play the game in a way you don’t like it?

dauk

Quoted from KrullkrigareN^

[…]

Why? Because we play the game in a way you don’t like it?

Because you troll. Same would be if we played against you and took one point and hold your 4th for whole 30 minutes, its not sportsmanship.

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Quoted from dauk

[…]

Because you troll. Same would be if we played against you and took one point and hold your 4th for whole 30 minutes, its not sportsmanship.

For the last fucking time, I’m not trolling when I play huntsman, actully i’m more serious when I play huntsman then I am when I play demoman because I think it’s more fun.

pizza

Huntsman is legal, Fantomen really enjoys playing with it and he’s really fucking good with it. Everyone should just grow some cahoonas and stop bitching just because you got raped.

iQue

keso

[…]

For the last fucking time, I’m not trolling when I play huntsman, actully i’m more serious when I play huntsman then I am when I play demoman because I think it’s more fun.

If I took playing engineer with wrangler very seriously would using it be ok? I know it’s different because the wrangler is explicitly banned from pretty much all competitions but still, unlocks are controversial. If you use an unlock that’s not regularly used in competitive play, especially one that many people don’t like, you should fucking stop using it if someone asks you to.

If you want to use huntsman, do it against a team that don’t mind.

Last edited by iQue,

Vince

BiG

Quoted from iQue

[…]

If I took playing engineer with wrangler very seriously would using it be ok? I know it’s different because the wrangler is explicitly banned from pretty much all competitions but still, unlocks are controversial. If you use an unlock that’s not regularly used in competitive play, especially one that many people don’t like, you should fucking stop using it if someone asks you to.

If you want to use huntsman, do it against a team that don’t mind.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. When it’s allowed by the ruleset, he can run huntsman all he wants.

If you don’t want to play against that, ask for Vanilla before the game, or use a server with a whitelist or whatever.

dodgydogman

Panda

Maybe the other team didnt like the fact that you were using a broken weapon that heavily relies on luck instead of skill, so instead of a normal style game, they got some people dicking about with silly weapons.

Tho in all likelyhood they were butthurt. I would laugh so much if our team got owned at mid by a huntsman sniper :D

Last edited by dodgydogman,

NoJu

8D

Whitelists are amazing things

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from NoJu

Whitelists are amazing things

+1

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Quoted from chipstalaizah

I hate huntsman.

I hate people still using double natasha heavies on last point the most. Yes, they are still out there.

http://i51.tinypic.com/15ev3q1.gif

Setlet

[…]

http://i51.tinypic.com/15ev3q1.gif

Dance Fortress 2 <3

Sketch

MM

Hey I have come to say something about unlocks but instead can someone pls copy an old unlocks thread in here for the next 30 posts please. it probably includes enough of my own posts about not caring and that you should all shut up for me not to need to post this.

coecoo

Quoted from jukebox

how about actually getting good at the game?

How about you stop spamming explosives while you criticize a weapon that requires more accuracy?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »