Forum

Why can't I play huntsman?

Created 1st July 2011 @ 00:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

I pretty sad right now, me and some friends made a sweet ass tf2 mix and we go to get a game. And it was decided that I was going to play the awesome class of huntsman sniper.

And then after a short stop att norrlas place, the match begins. I’m walking to mid with my bow, get a few headshots, cap mid, go to 2nd, get a few headshots. And then they say:
“Stop playing huntsman, or kick”

And I didn’t stop, so they kicked me.

First of all, it isn’t banned, so I can play with it if I want.
Second, it’s almost 2am so it’s not like serious face.
Didn’t have a 3rd point.

So I just wanted to post this and tell the guys we played against that it was really dickish move to kick me when it’s actully allowed to play with it, and it wasn’t ESL rules.

And know I want you guys in etf2l to write your opinion, if you should be allowed to kick people for being awesome at huntsman?

clippen

People butthurt over fantos sick huntsman plays makes me mad.
Kicking people in a 2am mix vs mix is indeed a really dick move.
Go play CS:S if you want to behave like idiots.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

you should be allowed to kick all players that are better than yourself

Last edited by smziii,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Well the hitboxes are really irritating with the huntsman which makes people feel like they’re being killed ‘cheaply’.
If you can play huntsman against a team and still do well, your team was probably much better than theirs and they might have thought you were just rubbing it in how much better you were.
I don’t know the circumstances (you may have been mocking them or something) but I don’t like it when some troll mix shits on me.
Still, did they expect a serious mix at 2AM?

n00ne

vanilla!

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Huntsman hitboxes make it annoying. How does hitting me in a foot give you a critical hit. Vanilla + med!

Gubbins

Op4

I hate it when this happens, it’s slightly frustrating on the other end, but not to the point of kicking an entire team for, as you said, a currently unbanned weapon.

On a side note, I don’t kick people who are better than me, i just ban them.

ouch

nag nag nag

Skyride

DUCS

Because there is an entire swathe of dribbling spastics who can’t reasonable discern between fun mixes and serious games. So we need to be straight up, clear, and black and white all of the time for them.

rtan

-9w-

loads of teams also do not allow specs for late night fun mixes, lolz.

ashkan

Nothing new of course, most games have weapons that people get frustrated by. For example, in GoW, some people rage at the Sawed-off and claim it’s OP, but the stats clearly show that the Gnasher is by far more effective (as stated by lead designer Cliff Bleszinski). In TF2, no one rages at a sniper headshotting the medic within 1 second of joining the battle. However, if the attacker happens to be a Gunslinger Engi with the Frontier Justice who places a mini-sentry (which can be taken down in one shot), gets a sentry kill, suicide rushes with his Frontier Justice with revenge crits and gets a kill, people suddenly start rage.

It’s nothing rational, but it’s hard to do anything about it. It’s an issue of perception.

Sadly, it’s almost impossible to find opponents who won’t rage-quit if you use one or more alternative unlocks. You’d think that people could accept those in regular mixes, but apparently not. Theoretically, it should be less of a problem the more serious the match is, since winning becomes more important than just having fun. After all, these alternative unlocks are inferior in the long run, so you should be glad if your opponent uses them.

pena

Quoted from clippen

People butthurt over fantos sick huntsman plays makes me mad.
Kicking people in a 2am mix vs mix is indeed a really dick move.
Go play CS:S if you want to behave like idiots.

I’d say running a huntsman sniper is even a bigger dick move especially if they already asked you to stop. Go play public if you want to play huntsman sniper.

dougiie

CotC

BECAUSE YOUR TOO FUCKING GOOD AT IT.

simple.

NoJu

8D

Quoted from dougiie

BECAUSE YOUR TOO FUCKING GOOD AT IT.

simple.

+1

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN MOANING TO EVERYONE ABOUT THIS.

i feel your pain fantomen :( <3

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »