Forum

Ways to improve prediction and aim?

Created 11th March 2011 @ 21:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

Tocsix

IsF

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

I try to focus on my game sense all the time, and it hasn’t got me anywhere.
Quad plays dm 24/7 and aims like a boss – he’s got pretty far. (not to say quad has no gamesense, all I know is he has good aim.)

It kind of shows tbh. Gamesense doesn’t matter at all if the other team is already dead. Likewise there’s no point improving your gamesense if like me you will lose every scout duel anyway because you can’t aim worth shit. Just my experience. Perhaps I’m just naturally bad@gaemz.

I’m going to prove my point when i lose to some div5/4 player in the esl 1v1 scout cup later tonight :D

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]

Maybe you don’t understand it the proper way.
And quad has been spending literally tons of hours paying for hacks, if you can’t keep up with him, it won’t take you anywhere either.
Mechanical skills are not permanent. Knowledge – might be.

Fixed etc.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Tocsix

Sigh, if people would have focused on their gamesense (watching demos) as much as they focused on their aim, there would been a lot more players that would be able to compete against the prem teams.

I’ve literally never watched a demo. Maybe I should :D. Don’t like MGE and DM servers either.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Quoted from Tocsix

Sigh, if people would have focused on their gamesense (watching demos) as much as they focused on their aim, there would been a lot more players that would be able to compete against the prem teams.

Spending 30 mins watching a demo is a lot less exciting than spending 30 mins on a DM server.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from freshmeatt

Maybe you don’t understand it the proper way.

I do understand it up to a point (I won’t say my gamesense is extraordinary,) but simply even when I am in a perfect place to get a med pick I can and will miss all 6 of my shots.

All I’m saying is that it isn’t the best idea to focus on gamesense. Although you do need gamesense in order to play well at higher levels, you need aim to play well at any level. The two do complete eachother, but, “knowing is half the battle” only…

Waster

I would say that you need to have a basic aim to play the game. If you cant kill an immobile target, then you cant kill anything. A lot of the gamesense is also picking the easy targets. Is it really aim that troubles you. Or do you try to get the medic from midrange who is buying time for his soldier to kill you.

I never look at my demos either. This game is so easy. You have three choices. Fall back, stay and push. If you died, you probably pushed or stayed too long.

sovietdrunk

Maybe is about drugs, i did it once and this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ9GbpquPXc%5Bshitbricks%5D

Last edited by sovietdrunk,

caned

MEAT
LEGO

Quoted from sovietdrunk

Maybe is about drugs, i did it once and this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ9GbpquPXc%5Bshitbricks%5D

Actually, morphine does give the game a slowed down feeling which makes it a lot easier to aim.

steve

i know a swedish guy who used to take artificial adrenaline for various things including gaming, he was sick as fuck at it

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

I’ve literally never watched a demo.

same

btw soviet if you have no dm then i guess the best you can do is ask a scout for a mge 1v1 solly vs scout

sovietdrunk

Quoted from Mike

[…]

same

btw soviet if you have no dm then i guess the best you can do is ask a scout for a mge 1v1 solly vs scout

shotgun vs scattergun, right?

Quoted from caned

[…]

Actually, morphine does give the game a slowed down feeling which makes it a lot easier to aim.

if my mind goes faster than the reality, it would make things go slower, right?

Last edited by sovietdrunk,

Tocsix

IsF

Proof that you don’t need to have great aim to be in prem:

http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/tf2/1on1/scout/whiskas_cup/match/21609976/

:D

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Tocsix

Proof that you don’t need to have great aim to be in prem:

http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/tf2/1on1/scout/whiskas_cup/match/21609976/

:D