Forum

tr_flinger_b3

Created 29th December 2008 @ 19:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Iller

tGa

You are doing a very good work for the TF2 community with all your maps and tutorials !

Is it possible to make the bots curving their rocket jumps and/or increase the health of the bots ?
The map is good training for airshots, but it is a bit too easy compared with shooting real players.

Also, when you know someone is going to jump it is much easier to hit them compared to if you are not prepared for it. Maybe it would be nice idea to have bots running around a bit random and rocket or sticky jumping at random times. But this is probably something that should be done on a completely different map.

By the way, some servers have fully functional bots. Do anyone know how to activate such bots on a server of your own ?

Inexistence

Üb

Thanks a lot guys, I’m taking all comments into account here.

Unfortunately it’s not possible in any way that I know of to have bots curve their rocket/stickyjumps. Though, I may have thought of a way to do it just now, but I’d like to test it before putting it into practice, but this would require reworking my map entirely, so perhaps for b4, or the final version, whichever I decide is next. My idea, for anyone who wants to know is to use a trigger_push entity with a very slight push force, used after the bot is launched, and offset the launch angle accordingly so they still land on the point.

Of course nothing compares with the real thing of someone jumping, but it’s the closest I could find when you’re on your own. A lot of the time my internet will go down, and this is something to do on those occasions.

I’m removing the lights in the next version, so it should be a little more random, but I don’t think the other suggestions for that are very feasible.

I’ve not heard that some servers have properly functioning bots. Do you have an example? I’ve been looking for them for a while.

albert

epx^

I believe saigns.de servers have bots on when the server human player count is below 26. Though I’ve lost the IP for those servers.

qck.

U/²

awesome map :D:D

xtala

EDIT
Double post

xtala

What you could do is put Crink in a cage with a computer and make him do rocketjumps all the time.
If you combine that with bot_mimic or whatever it’s called, you should be able to get got rocketjumps.

Ino

dp.
dp.

any news about the map?

veehell

-cavalier-

Thanks for the map, i played this one (i am not sure if B2 or B3) yesterday and very usefull. Thanks.
Karma + for you ;)

BvD

flowerpower/

b3 hasn’t been released yet. Still waiting =D

Inexistence

Üb

Yeah, I’ve been bogged down with exams lately, along with not having much motivation to map. It’ll come out when it comes out, I’m not gonna rush it.

BvD

flowerpower/

We don’t force you in any way ;) If you need help testing or something, I’m in your friendslist

Mendietaaaa

TBNC

the skybox made my blind D:

NINJAEDIT: skybox fix, ok :D, awesome map

NEA

EC!

A very nice map indeed! I play it always 20 minutes before a WAR ;)

There is just one idea i had to make it better. What about an overlay to count the kills, or anything to put up the long-play motivation? Maybe some stats:
How much double-hits? Killing series? something in that way ;)

Don´t know if its possible, but that would be nice.

So you can see if you are gettin better.

THX for your work!

Gaarulf

UP|

I would love to play as far as you have come now (well, it should be playable, butteh..)

Diddy

Havn’t read through this entire thread yet (not sure if this has been mentioned), but add the middle of granary with at least 5-6 different angles of a soldier jumping up so its not just look at one spot and just shoot.

Another map probably be well, at the last CP you sit ontop of the ring above the point and shoot down jumpers that try to get on top of the CP.

Also maybe even add the middle tower of fastlane.

Well good luck with the next map and looking forward to it :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »