Forum

Windifference for Turbine?

Created 25th November 2009 @ 06:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Or maybe a persistent timer. The intel can only be on the ground for say 60 seconds (or any other number) total.. if you pick it up when the timer is halfway done and then drop it again, the timer would start at the halfway point.

That is to be honest one of the best ideas I’ve heard so far… it sucks when the intel has been on the floor for 55 seconds, a scout rushes in and dies on top of it to extend the time to 60 seconds again. Would speed up the game a fair bit in stalemate situations, and would be great for the pace of the game.

Well, at least in theory :)

I posted this on the steam forum and someone mentioned the following:

you pick it up with 2 seconds left to go, and inches from your cap area you get gibbed by a random rocket. It moves back almost instantly despite the fact that it’s well inside your base and would be capped with 0.5 seconds of trouble as soon as somebody gets there. Suggestion: +10 seconds when it gets picked up with a limit to that of once per 30 seconds?

iQue

keso

Yeah, +10 or 15 maybe seems reasonable, unless there’s more time left on the clock already, you don’t want the intel to lay around for 70 seconds. :D

Wobblit

Or just set the minimum start timer to 10 seconds. So if the timer was less than 10 seconds when you picked it up it will start at 10 again when you get it.

Then again it might be ok to not add anything to the timer also. As it currently stands there is no gain trying to follow someone into the enemy base to kill them with the intel as you realistically can’t protect it with them spawning closer. If you know there is only 2 seconds left on their timer it would be worth the shot to rambo into the enemy intelroom to kill the carrier.

Might add some fun rambo solo moments to CTF, and it rewards teams that don’t drop their intel even more.

Jones

Win limit 0
Time limit 0

Problem solved

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Leave it, teams can often turn the game around within a few minutes, this is probably just a really unlucky game to have played :|

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

Leave it, teams can often turn the game around within a few minutes

dauk

I have an idea. Leave it like it is.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Just leave it, if a teams getting hot dickings, then they can just call “gg”

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

but what if they dont?
and the leading team is bored?
thats why there should be a windiff of e.g. 8 points

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

but what if they dont?
and the leading team is bored?
thats why there should be a windiff of e.g. 8 points

Then the leading team can say “can we stop now guys?” and the other team will be like “yeah ok”. Why would any team enjoy being raped?

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

because its fun wasting other’s time as you haven’t any rl at all.

el_neco

turbine is boring. I don’t like this map and i want to ban this map. probably it’s impossible so Windifference sound nice.

Skyride

DUCS

probably it’s impossible so Windifference sound nice.

Well if you lose, that means somebody else won. ;)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3