-9m-

Featured maps updated –
ctf_turbine
cp_granary

I’ve also added the following maps –
cp_wildmire_b3
cp_indulge
koth_viaduct
Pictures for these maps will be uploaded soon.

If you have any other custom map suggestions please let us know, although I’d prefer to limit the custom maps to ones that are relatively complete (so no alpha builds).

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Unfortunately we’re gonna be leaving the ladder today as there are not enough Div1-3 teams competing to make it feel worthwhile. Our attention is focused on PCWs against Div2 teams and sorting out our teamwork.

Best of luck to all the teams in the ladder :)

David

It could be a cool idea to make the featured maps the same as corresponding league maps for the week!

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from d2m

Unfortunately we’re gonna be leaving the ladder today as there are not enough Div1-3 teams competing to make it feel worthwhile. Our attention is focused on PCWs against Div2 teams and sorting out our teamwork.

Divisonal ladders anyone?

Div5/6 Ladder
Div4/3 ladder
Div1/2/3 Ladder maybe.

dauk

maybe adding ‘random map’ slot would be okay so you can accept challange and decide maps later.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Dam good idea Dauk, would save alot of trouble and arguments

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from dauk

maybe adding ‘random map’ slot would be okay so you can accept challange and decide maps later.

I’m pretty sure this was introduced a few months ago when I asked ST8 to add “TBC” to the maplist, so teams could confirm that maps after accepting if needed. Is it no longer on the list now?

Pyle

Quoted from d2m

Best of luck to all the teams in the ladder :)

Lame… we just joined and wouldnt mind having a challange against you guys :(

For the rest of the teams:

We would love to play Badlands / granary / freight / well / gravelpit / against div 3 and low div 2 teams, so feel free to challange us.

And we would love to play all the other official maps against div 3 or div 4 teams.

Offcourse we wont mind playing Badlands / granary / freight / well / gravelpit / against other teams aswell. It’s just what would be ideal for us / you.

Thanks.

ps: mon-thu 21.00 CET / 23.00 CET and sunday: 19.00 CET / 23.00 CET.

Pyle

So my experience with the ladder after 1 week:

– Works freaking awesome.
– Wish you could see why someone rejected a challange… Now I am wondering if it’s the map pick or that they just dont want to play against us.
– Got to agree with d2m on the fact that there are not enough high div teams registered. I only ask myself, why ? I hope this will change some day… A shame it is.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Pyle

So my experience with the ladder after 1 week:

– Works freaking awesome.
– Wish you could see why someone rejected a challange… Now I am wondering if it’s the map pick or that they just dont want to play against us.
– Got to agree with d2m on the fact that there are not enough high div teams registered. I only ask myself, why ? I hope this will change some day… A shame it is.

The ladder system is great, and it’s fun for the most part. It’s a real shame that not enough of the higher level teams are involved.

The major issue for us (Vertex) was that we were receiving challenges from Division 5/6 teams, giving us games that were completely pointless. I say this with the greatest of respect to those teams as many of you are fantastic people, but a TF2 match needs to last longer than 20 minutes and actually be fun for both teams.

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

Quoted from d2m

[…]

The ladder system is great, and it’s fun for the most part. It’s a real shame that not enough of the higher level teams are involved.

The major issue for us (Vertex) was that we were receiving challenges from Division 5/6 teams, giving us games that were completely pointless. I say this with the greatest of respect to those teams as many of you are fantastic people, but a TF2 match needs to last longer than 20 minutes and actually be fun for both teams.

Pfft. Our game on cp_fastlane lasted the full 30! ;)

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Couldn’t there be some kind of a limit for skill difference in challenges? Maybe let the higher skilled team decline a challenge without any penalty if the difference in ranking is big enough or something like that.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

I’ve encountered a flaw in the ladder system. Because our last ladder match was over two weeks ago we dropped 60 places. To correct this I started challenging teams, but apparently the prospect of playing a ladder match isn’t good for most teams, because most of them reject the challenge. Now, for teams within 5 places there’s a penalty system implemented. The downside is that we’re in the inactivity bracket, together with apparently inactive teams that wouldn’t give a crap about a penalty. It should be able to force an active team (outside the top 5, no need to give my points away :o) ) to play.

Actually, it gets a bit worse: the day before we got moved to the inactivity bracket I challenged the team directly above us. Two days later they rejected the challenge without receiving a penalty, because apparently the current place is used for the rejection penalty, not the place corresponding to the date of the challenge. This is pretty stupid, because it would be a viable “ladder tactic” :’) to wait with rejecting a challenge from a team until that team has dropped (or climbed) out of the “penalty” distance.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Shabbaman I’ll pass that on (sorry for the delay).

Featured maps are now updated. They are cp_gullywash and koth_viaduct.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Featured maps updated. They are now cp_freight and cp_obscure_rc2 (which has been changed to rc2).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 24 Next »