Ladder Feedback

Created 19th October 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 24 Next »

Tikcus

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Really? That doesn’t seem right to me.

That’s why elo fails

In elo you win, draw or lose (1, 0.5, 0)

1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, are all 100% Wins
any other score is a % of the win

4-1 = 0.8 (80% of a win)
5-1 = 0.83 (83% of a win)

but keep it a secret or teams may play more defensive to maximise their points.

The best way to fix it would be to record the score per map, so even if you win 6-1 it is scored 1-0 on the system, maps drawn can be scored either 0.5 each or 1-1.

In my opinion a win is a win, regardless of the scale, but a clan shouldn’t be rewarded for going 2-0 up, then locking the game down, and never attacking incase they lose a cap, and lose bonuse points

N/B

I have not looked at the calculations used

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

Na, i believe it uses some relative difference. So 5-0 and 2-0 are the same, but 1-0 is better than 4-1.

Good.

Waster

I thought obscure and gorge are the maps with bonus points? We played both, but it isnt reflected in the final output of our matches.

I also dont think its fair that 1-0 match is worth more points as a 6-1 victory. Otherwise i dont see a reason why there is a need to a winlimit based on point difference. I think a 1-0 is a close match like a 4-3 win. But winning with a large point difference should be rewarded more in my opinion.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Obscure and Gorge were chosen as featured maps on the 15th, as far as I can see from your results you haven’t played any ladder matches on them since then.

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

I’m not sure if this is already known, but the actual standings on the ladder differ from the ones that are shown. ( not that updated )
We were in 5 spots from another team ( on the standing board ) but the difference was ~10 teams infact ( so no penalty for rejecting )

Might be handy to have the site + w/e your using updated at the same time. :D

Waster

What were the featured maps before the 15th?

When i am looking at the http://etf2l.org/about/matchesmatches[/url], not always the teams in bold font-type has won?

Also, see http://etf2l.org/matches/15658this ladder match[/url]. It cant be possible that both teams earn points with a match.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Both teams earned points because obscure is a featured map, so that means double points for winning it and only half lost for losing.

Can someone please explain why a 1-0, ie very close match, should earn you more points than a 6-1 drubbing! That’s silly and will encourage a whole load of turtling no?

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Nmx

I’m not sure if this is already known, but the actual standings on the ladder differ from the ones that are shown. ( not that updated )
We were in 5 spots from another team ( on the standing board ) but the difference was ~10 teams infact ( so no penalty for rejecting )

Thats because the scheduling system also includes inactive teams ;)

So if an inactive team wants to play again they wont have to challenge low teams and won’t have to start over again.

Gas13

niveous.

We haven’t played yet but already have a list of unregistered players :)

http://etf2l.org/matches/15652/

Monkeh

Methinks this part of the system is bugged atm. One match had 22 mercs earlier!!!

jason

PHX

Quoted from Gas13

We haven’t played yet but already have a list of unregistered players :)

http://etf2l.org/matches/15652/

That is the player list from phoenix vs Tabby’s Army that was played yesterday.

Common ground Phoenix Squad – honest I didn’t break it.

Waster

Bump!

I had some serious questions here and here.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Both teams got points because both teams won a map, it would have happened like that in the league. I’m not clever enough to explain the algorithm for working out the scores, but if you look at it like a league game it at least makes sense (plus it takes into account team positions, maps of the week etc.)

Unfortunately the bold bug on the results page has existed since the dawn of time I think, I mentioned it a few times to ST8 before I was an admin and I’m sure if he could have fixed it he would have, but I’ll pass it on again and see what can be done.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

This might not be strictly a ladder problem, but I only encounter it with ladder matches. If the proposed date of the challenge match has passed you can’t use the scheduling thing in the admin panel.

EDT: it’s working now, so unless someone actually fixed this it’s a browser problem.

Monkeh

Quoted from Monkeh

Can someone please explain why a 1-0, ie very close match, should earn you more points than a 6-1 drubbing! That’s silly and will encourage a whole load of turtling no?

This still….

Surely if the win limit is reached, whatever the score, be it 5-0 or 10-5, then THAT should get you maximum points. Any other winning marging gets the percentage treatment.

Win by 5 = 100% points
Win by 4 = 80% points
Win by 3 = 60% points
Win by 2 = 50% points
Win by 1 = 40% points……or something similar.

A/D maps and Turbine will need more consideration I s’pose, but in no way should a 13-1 win get less points than a 2-0 on turbine, surely.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 24 Next »