Forum

A larger number of places for teams

Created 8th September 2009 @ 11:50

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

250 isn’t really enough for a league of this popularity. Some people consider the etf2l to be the best league there is, and so the number of slots available should relfect this. There are already a large number of teams on the waiting list. This will obviously increase the length of time the league takes, but I’m sure noone would have a problem with this, and it shouldn’t be too difficult logistically to accommodate more teams.

BvD

flowerpower/

+1

GriZZly

+1

Wlv

RaWr ::

250 teams seems just about right. Placing anymore in the correct divisions would be very difficult, let alone the general administration. I think the only way you could realistically add more teams is by using a ladder format..

Darn

rockit like

Theres quite large number of teams who wont be getting into s6, this sadly limits the growth of tf2. Id try to find a solution which would allow everyone who wants to participate in the league.

250 teams seems just about right. Placing anymore in the correct divisions would be very difficult, let alone the general administration. I think the only way you could realistically add more teams is by using a ladder format..

Some sort of pre-season ladder might work, or at least make the admins’ job a little easier.

Jones

How about the regular league for the 250 teams that are entered. The rest could be put into a ladder. The ladder will be useful to seperate the strong applicants on the waiting list from the weak

edit: ninja idea steal from Sturmis

M0re

Be patient, we are currently finding ways to expand (before this season starts).

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

+1 for a ladder, it’ll help rank the teams and at least if a team doesn’t get in they can still get official games and work towards working their way up the ladder.

AnimaL

Theres quite large number of teams who wont be getting into s6, this sadly limits the growth of tf2.

like dignitas

btw +1 for ladder, would fix all that skillpolice problem

RaCio

GoT²

250 isn’t really enough for a league of this popularity.

This is correct, however don’t forget that every team you add will bring more work the admins will have to do in their own free time ;)

There are lot’s of people who care for this league and would want to help, as the admin search probably shows. However having 40 admins brings some problems. An option to handle to high amount of work that comes with a large number of teams could be to create deputy admins. So you will have head admins(day/neus), main admins(anti-cheat/experienced admins) and deputy admins. The deputy’s task is mainly to do the verifying of results and steamID’s.

Crusa

Troopers

There needs to be some limit on the number of clans in a league. The problem here is that the signup limit was reached too soon and many old teams for multiple seasons got “left out”.
The solution I see here is a league + ladder like others have pointed out already. I would like to see it implemented so that the old teams from the previous seasons get the priority to participate for season 6. New teams should be placed to the ladder and wait for the next season and also prove that they are committed to play more than 2 weeks before folding.

Psyche

Ladder seems the most viable option now to be honest. The way I see it, if there’s really that many clans in the waiting list that can only be a good sign, meaning lots of people actually still care about the game and it still has potential to grow. And I also think that the point of joining leagues is to get officials going, be those in a ladder or in an actual season with divisions, divided in groups. Both work in it’s own way and I think everyone would benefit from getting a chance to play even if it is in a ladder at first. Just my 2 cents.

F2

Danmark

20% of the teams will fold, so the current waiting list system is probably better than raising the limit. (With the waiting list system you can fill the gaps that occur when clans fold. If you raise the limit there will just be a larger number of gaps.)

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

20% of the teams will fold, so the current waiting list system is probably better than raising the limit. (With the waiting list system you can fill the gaps that occur when clans fold. If you raise the limit there will just be a larger number of gaps.)

A ladder could help with this as well no? For example if clans have to play X amount of matches and be together for X weeks before they can sign up to the league.

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »