Forum

Only 1 FAN allowed

Created 8th August 2009 @ 22:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 13 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

IMO, 1 FaN 1 scatter is a more potent combination than 2 Fans. If FaN shoots first, enemy stops dead, then the scattergun has 6 shots to finish him off. Whereas with 2 FaNs, both scouts shoot both their bullets, the guy dies but both scouts are now reloading while the enemy team closes in on them.

perry

[MIPC]

:D Please explain the “We all know it’s not going to be banned”, cause i sure as hell dont.

dougiie

CotC

IMO, 1 FaN 1 scatter is a more potent combination than 2 Fans. If FaN shoots first, enemy stops dead, then the scattergun has 6 shots to finish him off. Whereas with 2 FaNs, both scouts shoot both their bullets, the guy dies but both scouts are now reloading while the enemy team closes in on them.

ya see, thats what I was trying to get out of my head, but it didnt come :P

well said tho :)

sgN^

TKN

tbh, i think they should ban FaN. It’s so hard to choose which one of the weapons to use ><

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

tbh, i think they should ban FaN. It’s so hard to choose which one of the weapons to use ><

lmao :D

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

ya see, thats what I was trying to get out of my head, but it didnt come :P

well said tho :)

;)

CaptainBadger

Klu, good point, well made!

However, surely it kinda, well, doesn’t endorse this rule exactly, but means it won’t necessarily be a bad thing?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Klu, good point, well made!

However, surely it kinda, well, doesn’t endorse this rule exactly, but means it won’t necessarily be a bad thing?

Well no it doesn’t endorse the potential of a 1 FaN only rule, but tbh I’d rather face 2 FaNs than one of each so I guess we’ll have to wait to see what the admins say.

djc

d2f~

i’m too lazy to quote the people but the tf2 beta is not going to be over by the start of the next season. to say “no point in putting this rule cause of the beta” when the beta is not going to necessarily have FaN changes implemented within a month is silly. the weapon is broken as of now; why refuse to restrict it because of the /potentiality/ that it might be better sometime in the near future? that’s silly

Skyride

DUCS

The problem with the FaN at the moment really isn’t the damage it does (in my opinion of course), its the knockback, and we already know this is being worked on. So with a SLIGHT damage reduction and the knockback fixed, its perfectly acceptable to have 2x FaN’s on a team in my opinion.

However, as Dougie has said, 1x FaN, 1x Scattergun with both scouts working together is far more lethal in my opinion.

kaidus

WiK?

It’s the fact that the fan stuns you and fucks you into next year whilst only dealing out maybe 10 damage that is the problem with two fans. You don’t need any skill to incure a massage advantage over your opponent.

Just ban the fucker till it’s fixed. No point ruining the game until then.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Most teams we’re playing at the moment suggest or agree to use 1x FaN in friendlies. Would definitely support a fan limit of 1 in the league.

Shyguy

I agree that having 2 scouts, 1 with scatter and one with FaN, is the best “setup”. But facing off against 2x FaN scouts is just too anoying.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Most teams we’re playing at the moment suggest or agree to use 1x FaN in friendlies. Would definitely support a fan limit of 1 in the league.

But would you really argue with both enemy scouts having FaNs? Really? I play scout and while I know 4x FaN shells would be annoying to play against, I know overall 12x scatter shells / 1 FaN & 1 Scatter would win overall.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

But would you really argue with both enemy scouts having FaNs? Really? I play scout and while I know 4x FaN shells would be annoying to play against, I know overall 12x scatter shells / 1 FaN & 1 Scatter would win overall.

For the sake of a few of my teammates who absolutely hate the weapon, yes! I’d rather play with a happy teammate tbh ;)

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 13 Next »