[S9] Highlander Season 9 Feedback

Created 21st September 2015 @ 15:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 18 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from WML

Hildreth vs The World

Not a fair fight, think the world needs a few more allies 8)

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Who in the world comes into competitive from pubs and is disappointed because he isn’t allowed to pick up mediguns? I mean who does that even???

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Right I think it’s safe to say medi-gun pickups won’t be allowed. There is nowhere near enough people arguing for them for the admins to make it so.

http://whitelist.tf/etf2l_9v9_s9/show_reskins

If this is the S9 whitelist, I like it. Nice choices as far as I can see.

Chronos

BMS

Both edifice and gravelpit should not be in the map pool, too much hinges on one moment of luck or a hero play and it’s only possible to defend one of the two first points. Add another pl like borneo/swiftwater or more koth

4hp

BTW is the provisional schedule from the OP still standing? Because that would mean signups starting this sunday…

Doom

Edifice is just a shitty gpit reskin. Also, please dont unban Short Circuit, everyone will force engineers to babysit combo, if i wanted to play like pyro i would just main pyro.

MatteX

BMS

Quoted from Chronos

Add another pl like borneo/swiftwater or more koth

Two great maps in my opinion, especially swiftwater.

Two awful*

Is there a newer version than pl_swiftwater_ugc? I remember that one having horrible broken respawn timers once first is capped, crippling the rest of the game being played on the map.

I’ve started preparing for the cup this sunday, will announce tonight when I get the prizes / file in order.

There will be 3 rounds, first having gpit_pro at 19CEST , second ashville at 20CEST and third badwater_pro at 21 CEST.

My 2 cents.

Map pool is fine except Gravelpit. Gravelpit is nearly ok to watch but awful to play and I think when hl pulls in the big 300 viewers for a finals POTENTIALLY we shouldnt really cater to the spectators.

Lakeside + Gully is only slightly better than Gravelpit and every other option is absolutely awful and we’re not UGC who playtest the awful maps to get confirmation that they are of the “awful” category.

Big downside about hl is the map pool is small so the decisions are harder but because ETF2L only run 2 seasons a year I think we should leave the playtesting to cups/pickups rather than introduce something new that leaves a bad taste in everybodys mouth.

No matter what hl players that see rainbows when they think of their juicy High/mid medal, Swiftwater has been done to death and I’m pretty sure the consensus is it takes too long, too Sniper reliant. Sort of fun for doublemixes or pickups because you just muck around and pick shitty snipers and yolo but for actual competitive sucks balls.

Borneo doesn’t need many words but last point, engineer shuts down the entire point. Time it takes to deathball from capturing the point between last to the end = 4~ seconds. Spawn camp capability OP. You either give up 3rd and defend last or fail 3rd and lose the game.

EDIT

May as well add my opinion on badwater pro from the 2 games I’ve played on it since its existance. It feels sort of better in the lower divisions because one team that has practiced bwater a lot generally just smashes you and holds 3rd forever, admittedly that can be said for any team/map but pro version gives a lot of openings to make it less of a pain as well as I think it bypasses the dispenser stairs trick.

However I think in the higher divisions where teams are capable of planning and forethought it makes it slightly less rewarding just because some things get easier such as a spy harrassing the engineer. I personally think this is a bad thing but maybe I’m stuck in the past and maybe it’s a nice thing that it makes badwater 3rd decent for spies again.

Last edited by Tomu,

Feri

MF

Quoted from Doom

Edifice is just a shitty gpit reskin. Also, please dont unban Short Circuit, everyone will force engineers to babysit combo, if i wanted to play like pyro i would just main pyro.

oh yee and please ban homewrecker I don’t like the idea of babysitting engie I’m not an engie main duh
seriously

RTC

I enjoy Borneo a lot and I think it could suit competitive very nicely as there are a lot of options and many classes can shine on the map. On the other hand, Swiftwater is an awful map for a wide array of reasons.

I’m indifferent to Gravel Pit. It allows every class to shine and I’ve seen some fantastic strategies come out of that map, but the A Point is pretty worthless. We’re obviously keeping Steel, so if there’s a better A/D alternative to G Pit, I’d suggest looking into that.

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from Doom

^^ This, but also it’s a no skill pyro. Anyone can stand there spamming short circuit to remove every sticky and rocket flying through the air. In certain situations it will become the only secondary that engineers use

Quoted from kKaltUu

Is there a newer version than pl_swiftwater_ugc? I remember that one having horrible broken respawn timers once first is capped, crippling the rest of the game being played on the map.

I don’t know if it’s been updated but having played it in ugc seasons I’ve had absolutely no problem with it, first is pretty much impossible to defend but the remaining 4 points offer some really creative and strong attacks and defenses. Even on medic, despite it being very good for spies and snipers, it’s really fun to play on and I’ve had nothing but good experiences on the map regardless of what division I’ve played at and what class I’ve played

Doom

Quoted from Feri

[…]

oh yee and please ban homewrecker I don’t like the idea of babysitting engie I’m not an engie main duh
seriously

Homewrecker is not nearly as powerful as short circuit. And it doesnt change your role/playstyle that much.

Goreston

Quoted from Chronos

^^ This, but also it’s a no skill pyro. Anyone can stand there spamming short circuit to remove every sticky and rocket flying through the air. In certain situations it will become the only secondary that engineers use

Is this still the case? The Gunmettle update put a .5 second firing cooldown on the short circuit. Airblast is .75, so it’s only a little more spammable than airblast. (figures taken from the wiki, so I can’t vouch for their accuracy)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 18 Next »