Forum

[Highlander Season 7] Provisional Feedback

Created 14th October 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 Next »

4hp

Quoted from kKaltUu

wranglerless meta would only work in another ONC, not in main seasons.

wranglerless meta = full time minis in every map

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

If you guys cant coordinate 9 players to take out a sentry and pressure the enemy players out of good position, then you might want to consider an easier gamemode like 6v6.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from HartzFartz

If you guys cant coordinate 9 players to take out a sentry and pressure the enemy players out of good position, then you might want to consider an easier gamemode like 6v6.

Shots fired! Hartz says Happy new year! (;

Quoted from HartzFartz

Its not that it cant be done, its the fact that you need to throw so much resources to take it down. Wether thats a problem or a good thing is personal opinion, i guess, but i prefer banning op unlocks. Just speaking my mind here

Tuffy

pd!

If you remove wrangler, then remove direct hit. And also the wrangler is the only way for the engi (forget the short circuit) to protect the sentry from stickies. So what, remove stickies? Because if you simply remove the wrangler, level 3 sentry will be totally undefensible and then, as 4hp said, perma mini sentry, and highlander will be boring.

Last edited by Tuffy,

Fuxx

Wrangled level 3 sentries are a key aspect of Highlander payload meta

Imagine banning the demoman class for 6v6

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

When do we get our medals?
And to make it relevant, my feedback is that you should have a set date for when we get them.

.zero

-chess-

Season isn’t even over yet. There are still play-off matches to go…

Max

Fusion

I wouldn’t mind seeing the wrangler ban because that means I can do fuck all with mini sentries 8)

Quoted from Tuffy

If you remove wrangler, then remove direct hit. And also the wrangler is the only way for the engi (forget the short circuit) to protect the sentry from stickies. So what, remove stickies? Because if you simply remove the wrangler, level 3 sentry will be totally undefensible and then, as 4hp said, perma mini sentry, and highlander will be boring.

The sentry can be protected by a pyro or by your team holding chokes etc so that the demo cant destroy it. They arent undefensible, just easier to take down. Seeing as engie hard counters scout and pyro, i think its reasonable that he has a hard counter of his own. With the wrangler this isnt the case, as an engie can stall a demo for a really long time, provided he knows what he’s doing.

Besides, i feel like the massive area denial engie can provide should be relatively easily countered for the sake of the overall flow of the game. Trench warfare isnt my cup of tea, but it is a matter of opinion.

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

Its not that it cant be done, its the fact that you need to throw so much resources to take it down. Wether thats a problem or a good thing is personal opinion, i guess, but i prefer banning op unlocks. Just speaking my mind here

Then remove the Rescue Ranger. With the Wrangler you need more focus on the Engineer to disable the Sentry, but with the Rescue Ranger he can keep the sentry up from a safe distance and, consequently, stay alive. You can work around the Wrangler, but with the Rescue Ranger it becomes broken.

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Quoted from Freakie

[…]

Then remove the Rescue Ranger. With the Wrangler you need more focus on the Engineer to disable the Sentry, but with the Rescue Ranger he can keep the sentry up from a safe distance and, consequently, stay alive. You can work around the Wrangler, but with the Rescue Ranger it becomes broken.

Just have your spy sap it.

All I wanna see banned is the stupid bazooka.

Quoted from S@GA

[…]

Just have your spy sap it.

All I wanna see banned is the stupid bazooka.

BRB sapping 3rd point hold on Badwater.

..Oh…Oh wait I can’t.

prof

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

The sentry can be protected by a pyro or by your team holding chokes etc so that the demo cant destroy it. They arent undefensible, just easier to take down. Seeing as engie hard counters scout and pyro, i think its reasonable that he has a hard counter of his own. With the wrangler this isnt the case, as an engie can stall a demo for a really long time, provided he knows what he’s doing.

Besides, i feel like the massive area denial engie can provide should be relatively easily countered for the sake of the overall flow of the game. Trench warfare isnt my cup of tea, but it is a matter of opinion.

I don’t really like the habit tf2 players have of talking down to newbies but… you’re in the minority here with multiple high level players providing good responses and your attitude is still “I find this difficult to deal with so it should be removed.”

To quote Alan Sugar when confronted with the world’s first feces-powered aeroplane, “This shit will not fly.”

And at the end of the day, your team has access to wrangler/rescue ranger too, and with the way stopwatch works you get an equal chance to utilise it.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

don’t remove any weapons, add more infact. Let’s learn to counter things rather than just ban them, it’s what makes you a bad player if you can’t deal with things.

Wrangler isn’t OP, it’s easily counterable with a bit of gamesense (shoot the Engi not the Sentry or ignore it if they’re distracting you and get the frags you need).

Rescue Ranger isn’t OP – Think about how it is used, what is it’s advantages and disadvantages and how an Engineer would use the weapon? Think of that and then aim to be a step ahead of the Engineer.

Honestly these weapons are not OP, Engineer is a weak class by default so given them unique and interesting weapons should only make the game more challenging. I could not play this game continuously for 6 years if there wasn’t more unlocks and maps added to the game. If you want to be good try to think about how to deal with something instead of advocating to get it banned as you can’t deal with it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 Next »