Forum

[Highlander Season 7] Provisional Feedback

Created 14th October 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 21 Next »

Quoted from irfx

Let’s just play anything less awful instead and pretend we have played reservoir

and then all of a sudden scores are denied because they actually give a fuck :^)

I would personally get my interest rekindled in highlander if the wrangler was banned. But from my understanding only a minority would prefer a less stagnant and structured meta? I think having more options for flanking, attacking and holding is fun. Besides, certain classes feel completely useless untill the sentry goes down. Generally a bit more of a vanilla balance based hl would be awesome imo.

Inb4 angry comments about zero seasons etf2l hl played – im not demanding anything here, people, im just sharing my opinion.

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

Standard wrangler ban comment

It’s not a highlander thread until this is brought up…

It’s been tried before, banning the wrangler made points to easy to push in payload, and as much as it’s more fun for some classes, it makes the general game a bit more boring, less co-ordination needed (direct hit yolo). Some people would prefer it like that but I think it’s now a necessary evil.

Rescue ranger should be banned though because it makes the wrangler fucking broken.

Quoted from Tomu

[edited post]
It’s been tried before, banning the wrangler made points to easy to push in payload, and as much as it’s more fun for some classes, it makes the general game a bit more boring, less co-ordination needed (direct hit yolo).

I dug up this old gem http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-24829/page-1/
Its feed back on an experimental cup without the wrangler. Most people seemed to enjoy it a lot, and for some points in payload it was still suffeciently difficult to push and take them, apparently. For the most part it would be faster paced, but maybe it wouldnt be as bad as you (generally speaking) would think. And as i mentioned, im biased in the way that i support a more fast paced game.

I agree that the DH would be a problem, but maybe the answer to that could be a whitelist ban. Idk, maybe it isnt even needed, or there are more elegant solutions, such as only banning it for payload offence (if that could be done).

Last edited by Tom Spillfat,

wranglerless meta would only work in another ONC, not in main seasons.

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Quoted from Tomu

[…]

Rescue ranger should be banned though because it makes the wrangler fucking broken.

Rescue ranger is like the only one of the newer unlocks that wasn’t bad and changed the meta in an interesting way.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from kKaltUu

bullshit, wranglerless does work and is actually more fun to play.

Last edited by ondkaja,

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from kKaltUu

Short curcuit cup pls

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

coordinated pushes counter the wrangler, thus it adds more skill to the game

RTC

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

bullshit, wranglerless does work and is actually more fun to play.

Sure, with Gunslinger, but with the existence of the Direct Hit, the Wrangler is pretty much essential for a defensive loadout.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Lets ban the Wrangler so we have to ban direct hit as well – there, You have your reason Why its pointless.

Also I prefer to play against a good old wrangled lvl 3 to a shitload of Minis popping out of the ground everywhere (;

Last edited by DCS,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from RTC

[…]

Sure, with Gunslinger, but with the existence of the Direct Hit, the Wrangler is pretty much essential for a defensive loadout.

Not sure what you are trying to say? Are you saying that Wrangler is necessary because it counters DH?

Think you’re focusing on the wrong weapon. If you want to ban a weapon, take out the Rescue Ranger.

Also, ban Dead Ringer/Spycicle pls <3

Popcorp

Wrangler is not going to get banned, regardless of what you all say…

RTC

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Not sure what you are trying to say? Are you saying that Wrangler is necessary because it counters DH?

I’m saying on an Gunslinger loadout, the Pistol is a viable option (I prefer it to the Wrangler in that case actually). But on a defensive loadout, the Wrangler is simply essential to stomach the damage that’ll be coming towards your gun; there is literally no reason to use the Pistol.

Last edited by RTC,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 21 Next »