Forum

Glitched Teleporter Spot in Upward

Created 18th December 2013 @ 13:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from ondkaja

only works if the other team is retarded

It’s pretty much undeniable if the enemy team is really dedicated to get a tele there.
Unless you dedicate someone to watch the dropdown till the 3rd point is capped of course.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
It’s pretty much undeniable if the enemy team is really dedicated to get a tele there.
Unless you dedicate someone to watch the dropdown till the 3rd point is capped of course.

nah, all you need is a pair of ears to check if there is a teleporter behind the gate.

Fuxx

REMOVE

It’s an exploit and ought to be banned because you are using a mechanism that was not intended by the map makers to be utilized . The only reason the door opens in the first place is in case someone gets stuck there.

ondkaja

IKEA

Rocket jumping was an exploit… it adds spice and it’s not unbalanced so there’s no reason to ban.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from ondkaja

Rocket jumping was an exploit…

About that…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h_c3iQImXZg#t=175

vani

Bully

Quoted from ondkaja

Rocket jumping was an exploit… it adds spice and it’s not unbalanced so there’s no reason to ban.

has ond kaja gone too far?

kzr_

gR.

I share ondkaja opinion, its a mechanism in order for red players don’t get stucked if blu players usa that mechanism to build a teleporter there they’ve shown to be superior in terms of gamesense because:

a) its the only flank route while attacking 3rd point that has walls to protect from sniper, sentry, etc and there for should be always protected;

b) If everyone knows about the “exploit” everyone should be prepared to counter it;

there are other strats that put people where they weren’t supposed to be and no one complains.

@Aura I know it might be dificult to counter that teleport, blu team can be dick enough to put a class 24/7 on teleport entrance (althoug I think its a dumb move), it can be very spy aware but what separates spy from other classes is his ability to create something among enemy chaos, the better the spy the less oportunities he will need to achiev. I also think that if BLU is rolling RED they won’t use that “exploit” to spoil their victory

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from kzr_

I think spawn shooting during setup time is completely legit because:
a) its the only thing you should really watch out for during setup time, any decent team can watch out for it;
b) If everyone knows about the “exploit” everyone should be prepared to counter it;
there are other strats that put people where they weren’t supposed to be and no one complains.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]
About that…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h_c3iQImXZg#t=175

it was an unintended feature in quake, that didn’t get banned because it was a good addition to the game. this bug in upward might not be as good but it still adds spice and should not be banned because it isn’t that hard to counter.

vani

Bully

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

it was an unintended feature in quake, that didn’t get banned because it was a good addition to the game. this bug in upward might not be as good but it still adds spice and should not be banned because it isn’t that hard to counter.

shooting through walls in 1.6 was an unintended feature, yet you can wallbang in source ???

rocket jumping in tf2 is not an exploit

Jesse James

I don’t know guys, I read different opinions. It is adding spice, blaming spies for not being good (wtf dude, you can’t just go to enemy Spawn and destroy teleporter like nothing happens, we are playing 9v9, not pub)

The thing is, I don’t even consider that as “strat”. It is nothing else then a dick move imo.

And ondkaja I think, the enemy team don’t have to be retards to use that spot : watch the video posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngna0kg3mk

UGC All stars. I am sure you know all of those players, and we both know these are not retards. Many of them belong to the top elite of the european league.

Mista

Quoted from ondkaja

it adds spice and should not be banned because it isn’t that hard to counter.

This + that teleporter could also be a double-edged sword. Your team could waste lots of time pushing that last point if being spotted early and properly countered.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Jesse James

UGC All stars. I am sure you know all of those players, and we both know these are not retards. Many of them belong to the top elite of the european league.

how does this prove anything? all that the heavy did was finishing off sapped buildings, after that he got killed by a pyro. it was a horrible flank :D

and even if he got a lot of kills, he would’ve deserved it because the other team made the mistake of letting him flank and get those kills. besides, this was a only a mix so neither of the teams have any chemistry.

Last edited by ondkaja,

kzr_

gR.

Quoted from Jesse James

I don’t know guys, I read different opinions. It is adding spice, blaming spies for not being good (wtf dude, you can’t just go to enemy Spawn and destroy teleporter like nothing happens, we are playing 9v9, not pub)

The thing is, I don’t even consider that as “strat”. It is nothing else then a dick move imo.

And ondkaja I think, the enemy team don’t have to be retards to use that spot : watch the video posted

If a div3+ spy doesn’t know his way around a map to kill a teleporter entrance then he should go back into pub and never get out of there, teleporters are some of the highest oicks for a red spy on last 2 points, it buys so much time …

Kaneco

Your team has to be retarded to allow the enemy team to hold that area with enough security to build a tele without even having capped 3rd

And your team has to be even more retarded to not be able to deny that teleport exit after its built, its so spammable and tight it’s a demoman wet dream.

It should never be banned, unless the map itself is updated by valve to do so

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »