Forum

I would like to give my feedback on ETF2L

Created 4th April 2013 @ 19:54

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

http://etf2l.org/matches/41295/
http://gyazo.com/03e1e7d4552ca85d325472a85a8a2e06
My team asked to be placed in a higher division, admins said no and placed us in this bracket. We get disqualified for being too good. What a joke.
Would like to know what the community thinks about this. I think this speaks for itself. That’s my feedback the admins don’t think, my request get better admins.

Last edited by Mikeikeike,

teej!

stop whining and get over it

it’s a game not a contest of who can win over an “experimental” cup :U

Spike Himself

TC

Which admin did you speak to? We weren’t aware you asked for the higher bracket. When did that happen?

Serotone

#FreePat

Isn’t this the same team that was placed in the low bracket in the vaccinator cup? I let an admin know in irc after we played them, and he acknowledged it. Glad to see that was taken into consideration.

mason

iSlam

lol

so let me get this straight

you guys blow it and dont check rosters to see whos who UNTIL they start doing well

then you kick them out and play the victim card

if any of you actually did your job at the beginning of the cup instead of waiting none of this wouldve happened

the same thing happened in the vaccinator cup and we after talking to an admin we said we’d GLADLY play in the high bracket

sorry for wanting to play some goofy games during the day with weird maps/funny mediguns

USA out

Last edited by mason,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-25006

Because 1 thread on this wasn’t enough.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from mason

lol

so let me get this straight

you guys blow it and dont check rosters to see whos who UNTIL they start doing well

then you kick them out and play the victim card

if any of you actually did your job at the beginning of the cup instead of waiting none of this wouldve happened

the same thing happened in the vaccinator cup and we after talking to an admin we said we’d GLADLY play in the high bracket

sorry for wanting to play some goofy games during the day with weird maps/funny mediguns

USA out

I checked roughly 360 people’s match history before doing the seedings. None of you had any meaningful history on etf2l, other than having been in a low bracket in a previous cup, so you were put in the lower bracket. You claim to have spoken to an admin about bracket placement – but as for now that’s yet to be proven to be true. Myself and Reservoir weren’ t aware of it at any rate.

You weren’t disqualified because you were doing well, but because someone pointed out that you guys were too high skilled for the bracket you were in. We’d have preferred to have caught you guys out earlier too, but unfortunately that simply didn’t happen.

If you had contacted an admin after the brackets were released, so that you could be moved before playing any games, then that would have been possible, but no such thing happened.

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

I checked roughly 360 people’s match history before doing the seedings. None of you had any meaningful history on etf2l, other than having been in a low bracket in a previous cup, so you were put in the lower bracket. You claim to have spoken to an admin about bracket placement – but as for now that’s yet to be proven to be true. Myself and Reservoir weren’ t aware of it at any rate.

You weren’t disqualified because you were doing well, but because someone pointed out that you guys were too high skilled for the bracket you were in. We’d have preferred to have caught you guys out earlier too, but unfortunately that simply didn’t happen.

If you had contacted an admin after the brackets were released, so that you could be moved before playing any games, then that would have been possible, but no such thing happened.

If you’re going to bring up ESEA league XP to disqualify someone, after the matches start… shouldn’t you have also looked up ESEA league xp before doing the brackets? I would have preferred to be put in the division we ASKED to be in. Three members of our team are on an ESEA IM team. One of which being the medic who was playing sniper/soldier. Another one being the scout who has never been on any other ESEA team before. Hardly “consists of mostly high IM players”. We shouldn’t have to prove we asked, you should already know or at least admit it happened. Could you prove that you didn’t disqualify us because you hate americans? I come to a European TF2 league without breaking any rules and doing what the European league admins told us to do and look what happened. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Mikeikeike,

Trane

Stick your cowboy antics up your pipe.

Good work admins.

almightybob

.ps

You should probably answer Spike’s questions:

Quoted from Spike Himself

Which admin did you speak to? We weren’t aware you asked for the higher bracket. When did that happen?

because there has obviously been a breakdown in communication in the admin team, so this information will help to identify exactly what went wrong.

If you were placed in a bracket you were unhappy with, did you consider speaking to the admins again to ask to be moved? Did you provide the admin you originally spoke to with any evidence (e.g. screenshots or your ESEA history) to support your request to be placed in a higher bracket?

Quoted from Mikeikeike

Could you prove that you didn’t disqualify us because you hate americans?

I would have thought that donations totalling thousands of pounds to get 12 of you over here for i46 would suggest that Europeans do not hate Americans. Plus, if we did hate you we could just ban you from European competitions and not have to put up with you at all.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Wow, you’re being so passive agressive, relax and read through spike’s post again. No need to fire shots.

Last edited by cmd,

maid

Quoted from Mikeikeike

My team asked to be placed in a higher division, admins said no and placed us in this bracket.

Quoted from Serotone

Isn’t this the same team that was placed in the low bracket in the vaccinator cup? I let an admin know in irc after we played them, and he acknowledged it. Glad to see that was taken into consideration.

Given that there was prior history of this, as well as the team applying for a higher bracket the onus should be on the admins to make amends.

Last edited by maid,

AnimaL

chillax, so much mad about not letting you participate in a single day cup with no prizes?

lol, get over it… admins are people, not robots… and they do this for free

Last edited by AnimaL,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Mikeikeike

We shouldn’t have to prove we asked

I’m not saying you have to. I’m merely asking, because I want to know where this went wrong. If you don’t want to answer then the situation isn’t going to change..

Nana-chan

Make sure you screencap all important conversation with admins. It will get rid of the skeptics that you see on this thread. There also (obviously) more than one admin.

Let’s say in theory, one ETF2L admin did indeed mess up. The one admin you’re after will have no incentive whatsoever to admit any wrongdoing without screenshots, for no one will even be able to identify who it was. Rather than harm his/her own reputation, it’s best from his/her perspective to stay silent and ride out the storm until the “victim” gets tired and just disappear.

An accuser always needs proof, for the innocent is not guilty until proven otherwise.

Last edited by Nana-chan,

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »