[S10] Map Pool Feedback Thread!

Created 28th August 2011 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from Lynn

Question: I added Snakewater_rc5 to the server when the mappool was first posted. But now there seems to be a final version of snakewater. Which version will the matches have to be played on?

The final version will be played in Season 10.

Royal

[CiC]

What about obscure? Will the most up to date version will be played whenever a new one releases or only remake-b3 throughout the whole season?

Vladi

TIDS

ye give us a new obscure, that is the old obscure plox.
not that it was TOO good, but the rollout on the new one is just a big troll, as is the whole mid and last.

archy

I didnt vote for obscure myself.

But some people I have talked to complained that they wanted at least the old version. They therefore voted for “obscure”. However, they ended up voting for the obscure_remake, what they didnt do intentionally.

My thoughts: Next time, (I however hope there wont be a next time for such a situation) it must be 100% certain what map you vote for. The poll itself listed “obscure” and not “obscure_remake”. Ill leave that as it stands.

I want to suggest a poll, JUST to go sure, which map is actually wanted. obscure_final or _remake_rcX. I however do not know how much of an effort that is, but I guess it is not a lot of work.

Peace.

choiie

keso

Quoted from archy

I want to suggest a poll, JUST to go sure, which map is actually wanted. obscure_final or _remake_rcX. I however do not know how much of an effort that is, but I guess it is not a lot of work.

Peace.

this.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

We’ve already practiced _rc1, don’t want _final now of all times. It’s not too bad once you’ve played it.

randa

Quoted from archy

But some people I have talked to complained that they wanted at least the old version. They therefore voted for “obscure”. However, they ended up voting for the obscure_remake, what they didnt do intentionally.

My thoughts: Next time, (I however hope there wont be a next time for such a situation) it must be 100% certain what map you vote for. The poll itself listed “obscure” and not “obscure_remake”. Ill leave that as it stands.

Peace.

You can’t do that because all the people that didnt want remake would of voted for a different map making the whole vote wrong.

choiie

keso

Quoted from randa

[…]

You can’t do that because all the people that didnt want remake would of voted for a different map making the whole vote wrong.

On the other hand having two different poll options for one map would be ridiculous; first of all it would take votes from one version to the other, and also theres the chance of the map getting voted in twice – would we really want to play obscure_final AND obscure_remake? Seeing as there is a controversy: why not settle it with a poll and be sure once and for all? If remake wins: no harm done; if final wins, byte will have to work harder with the remake and maybe bring it in for next season.

My view is that maps played in the season should be final maps, not in development as to avoid things like the map being updated mid-season causing confusion.

wampee

Quoted from Norrland3000

YEEESSSSS NO TURBINE! WOHOOOOO! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Best map pool ever! AWESOME!

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from randa

[…]

shit voting system… if AV was used this mess wouldnt happen and we’d have a better mappool

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from flushy

[…]

shit voting system… if AV was used this mess wouldnt happen and we’d have a better mappool

Dummy

Quoted from flushy

[…]

what is wrong with this one, besides obscure :c?

Ghostface

spire

No matter how much you try, there will always be people who don’t like the end result simply because of their different opinion. So let’s just give it a rest already.

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from Ghostface

No matter how much you try, there will always be people who don’t like the end result simply because of their different opinion. So let’s just give it a rest already.

AV is really good, should be implemented next season or next time w.e

Ghostface

spire

What’s AV?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »