Forum

ETF2L HL 9v9 Server Config: tf_tournament_classlimit_*

Created 11th December 2011 @ 12:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Hiveminded

JR

In etf2l.cfg there is a setting for the classlimit –
tf_tournament_classlimit_* -1

There is no setting in the etf2l_hl.cfg to set the classlimit to 1. Is this because it’s a gentlemen’s agreement to have a classlimit? should the classlimit be enforced in the configs?

I have added my own config to set the classlimit to 1, e.g.
tf_tournament_classlimit_* 1
but I would like to know what everyone else does.

Thanks,
Hive

Last edited by Hiveminded,

octochris

(0v0)

I’ve proposed it when doing the configs before, but it’s been rejected by other admins because it’s supposedly “never been a problem”. I wouldn’t be in favour of limiting it to 1 since that stops forward spawning, but 2 seems sensible enough to me.

Oxy

TC.Express

It also means that if two people want to swap classes in the middle of a game it is a total pain since someone would have to swap to spectator.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Oxy

It also means that if two people want to swap classes in the middle of a game it is a total pain since someone would have to swap to spectator.

so much pain

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

medic times out, cl 1 stops team from having another player go med. GG and GJ Config.

if you need the classlimit to stop your team from using 2 of a class, you are retarded.

Setlet

A problem could be that in the setup there can be 2 engineers upgrading a teleporter or even a sentry which the original engie can haul to a good spot.

Last edited by Setlet,

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

any team found to be doing that should just be banned from the season. Simple as.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Setlet

A problem could be that in the setup there can be 2 engineers upgrading a teleporter or even a sentry which the original engie can haul to a good spot.

Class limits in config or not; rules are rules.

Same concept applies to the usage of P-REC – you are required to make screenshots, even if P-REC isn’t working or you aren’t using it. It only makes it easier. (not that having class limits in the config actually makes anything easier, but you get the idea!)

In case you’re actually being serious;

If your opponent uses 2 engineers to quickly upgrade their buildings, you can report this to an admin so long as you can provide proof (stv demo and such) and they will end up with a default loss for that round. If you don’t know if they did, it probably means it didn’t have much impact on the game, in which case it’s not really a big deal ))

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Add A Reply Pages: 1