Forum

TF2Center.com, from pub to competitive

Created 5th August 2013 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 33 Next »

CHERRY

To Thereza:
First of all I have no idea what did you want to achieve by closing this lobby?
It is clear it was 10 something teammates wanting to mix up with the others, did you really expect them to come to your lobby?
Most you could achieve was pissing off 10 people and making few join your lobby as you did and hope you won’t damage TF2Center’s reputation too much, which turned out to be futile.

To the others:
You can’t really replace Masternoob as there are no many coders in this community willing to do stuff for free (him being a head admin is a different thing).
Most you can really do is make him abandon the project and hope that someone will take over like you did with Crafz and TF2Pickup :D
After this screen though you can be sure no responsibility will be taken against Thereza since as it turns out noone is saint and they can’t just punish one admin unless they come with some way to make those look like two different things (admin abuse and ?)

I am not saying it shouldn’t see the light though :)

Last edited by CHERRY,

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Casual

[…]

Wait are you saying gryzor abused his admin? I thought he was the one that was repressed by corrupt etf2l admins of the time when he was trying to prove the AC team sucked?

There was some drama over him giving a default win against some player he had some type of beef with. I think it was Joske or someone else from MM. It was years ago though so I hardly remember… anyone?

quintosh

wL.

offtopic but tf2pickup has seen 100 times the improvement from back when crafz created it, he was also shining with admin abuse and at some point it just needed a change and it helped them a lot

CHERRY

Quoted from quintosh

offtopic but tf2pickup has seen 100 times the improvement from back when crafz created it, he was also shining with admin abuse and at some point it just needed a change and it helped them a lot

I am not saying it didn’t work out long term :)

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Ive been advocating for a stricter ban procedure, and I’ve had some data to back my story up. The problem lies in the fact that some bans don’t get documented and doesn’t go through a peer review procedure.

But sadly I’ve been preoccupied with personal issues and couldn’t attend the past meetings.

I’m sorry if anyone has been offended by any of our staff members. We’re nothing without the community and I need to .make everyone aware of this fact, regardless of their position on our site.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from Kaneco

screen – http://i.imgur.com/Hh2YVmD.png
complete pastebin – http://pastebin.com/Z5UZAERH

02:25:32 Concyyy: fucking retard

If you had to deal with little cunts like this calling you a “fucking retard” you would not be particularly nice either.

The screenshot and the narrative over it are unrelated. “Actually loses his shit over a lobby”, Jesus Christ you have a low tolerance for what constitutes losing their shit!

I’ve played almost 800 lobbies, never experienced admins being dicks. I’ve just been lucky then.

Though unrelated, all this shit about admins being expected to act like they work in customer service for your fucking bank is complete lunacy. As long as they aren’t being unfair then accept they’re human like everyone else. With regard to the unfairness though, in fairness, it sounds like tereza did something fucked up like close lobbies, so there is no defending that.

Kaneco

If you actually read the whole transcription you understand that was more than warranted after masternoob waved his admin card and was a dick to everyone in general. Also if you’re in a admin/public position you should never get people get on your nerves so easily.

02:24:23 Still in Kansas: Master is it allowed to just ban people from lobbies for no reason?
02:24:43 TF2C | MasterNoob: hmm, good question
02:24:49 TF2C | MasterNoob: let me ask the boss of tf2c
02:25:00 TF2C | MasterNoob: MN, can you do everything you like?
02:25:03 TF2C | MasterNoob: yep, i can
02:25:09 TF2C | MasterNoob: ok, it seems he can
02:25:30 TF2C | MasterNoob: unlike some systems, this is not a democracy

And mind you that was after he ragequitted a lobby as medic leaving 17 people hanging, and also closed the server, and even restarted tf2center just so it wouldn’t mess up his stats… Hence why so many peple calling him out. Its fuckin ridiculous honestly, more ridiculous even is you trying to defend that kind of attitude.

I’m fairly active in the community and admin some community sites and I know how annoying people can get sometimes, that was not one of those cases, it was simply him being a dick, and even if it was you must try keep a level headed attitude if you’re in front of a project as big as tf2center and using the tag of the site on your name.

This happened a few months ago so I don’t know if the guy changed his attitude or not, I just posted this to illustrate the horrible attitude some admins @ tf2center have and the admin abuse that exists there and why I don’t even play there anymore.

Last edited by Kaneco,

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from Kaneco

Also if you’re in a admin/public position you should never get people get on your nerves so easily.

Not about TF2C but ‘admins’ anywhere else, fuck this. People try and play the game if you’re an admin anywhere, to try and be irritating so you act ‘unprofessional’. It’s horseshit, see previous bank CS statement. Who gives a fuck if the admin tells you to stop being a little cunt? You’re using their service (TF2C, ETF2L, UGC, etc.) for free, so don’t be a cock. If you don’t like it, leave. Again, I’ll mention that as long as those in charge are being fair when it comes to the rules then it’s fair enough.

People just get angry they can’t use someone else’s free service and call them a “fucking retard” without consequences.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from b33p

[…]

Not about TF2C but ‘admins’ anywhere else, fuck this. People try and play the game if you’re an admin anywhere, to try and be irritating so you act ‘unprofessional’. It’s horseshit, see previous bank CS statement. Who gives a fuck if the admin tells you to stop being a little cunt? You’re using their service (TF2C, ETF2L, UGC, etc.) for free, so don’t be a cock. If you don’t like it, leave. Again, I’ll mention that as long as those in charge are being fair when it comes to the rules then it’s fair enough.

People just get angry they can’t use someone else’s free service and call them a “fucking retard” without consequences.

Admins are held to a higher standard and thus are expected to behave in a manner superior to the common playerbase.

I can understand both TC and your point here. TC and the couple others who pitched in to support them have the intention to improve the quality of TF2C, which is always a good thing to do. It benefits everyone, unless of course the faulty admins get butthurt about it to which then they are literally the only ones that don’t benefit from the changes suggested.

At the same time TF2C has only a moral but not a lawful obligation to comply. Given that their services are free of charge they have the right to act as they wish. You as a player do not own anything, you are merely a guest being welcomed into someone else’s home. If the services were not free then this would be an entirely different argument.

Is it possible perhaps to hold a calm conversation with the TF2C admins one-to-one like reasonable human beings, exchanging polite words with each other and see where it goes?

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from b33p

WOW! Who else to totally miss the point that’s being made while trying to kick a tennis ball into a football goal?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

If the problem is the owner and his friend, there’s not much point complaining. Jayserp, foxy dave and the other non-owners can’t do a thing about it.

Kaneco

Quoted from b33p

[…]

Did u read a fuckin word of the whole transcript other than that one? No? Thought so…

juju

TBA
Tissi

cool got chat banned by posting a YOUTUBE link in chat.

talk about rulez there

Quoted from juju

cool got chat banned by posting a YOUTUBE link in chat.

talk about rulez there

To a graphic video of natural childbirth, with no warning. After you’ve been chat banned previously for posting terrible links. You have no case here.

juju

TBA
Tissi

Quoted from foxy_dave

[…]

To a graphic video of natural childbirth, with no warning. After you’ve been chat banned previously for posting terrible links. You have no case here.

wait whats so bad about it? terrible links when most of them likes it meh…

edit: so this means i can post same link but with a warning?

Last edited by juju,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 33 Next »