Forum

TF2Center.com, from pub to competitive

Created 5th August 2013 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 33 Next »

quell

UbeR |

personally i say give out invites to people with 1000+ lobbies so we never have to visit that site again!!!

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from quell

personally i say give out invites to people with 1000+ lobbies so we never have to visit that site again!!!

RIP 800 lobbies people :(

Last edited by Tomu,

Quoted from foxy_dave

Mother Teresa

Heard this one before, must be a famous one. Is she prem?

Enders Flame

Quoted from quell

Gives an incentive for me to go back onto lobby and get those 1000 lobbies, hence an incentive to go back on it!!

PS. I know from lobbies it’s frustrating having a really inexperienced medic (and possibly a few other key classes). Two ideas I had were

1) a little banner somewhere discouraging this (or perhaps in some guide which talks about good practise).

2) requires coding but i am not sure how viable it is…putting ‘experience’ requirements on certain classes! Could be a built in thing for the site or at the discretion of the lobby maker. For the built in option, you have to play 5/10 of these new lobbies or something before you can medic (admittedly you would bring this in after a period otherwise no-one would be able to play medic ever!).

kindred

myx
SDCK!

Quoted from Enders Flame

[…]
2) requires coding but i am not sure how viable it is…putting ‘experience’ requirements on certain classes! Could be a built in thing for the site or at the discretion of the lobby maker. For the built in option, you have to play 5/10 of these new lobbies or something before you can medic (admittedly you would bring this in after a period otherwise no-one would be able to play medic ever!).

or maybe a request system, in which you can still attempt to play medic but you have to request the slot from the lobby leader and make sure it’s okay first, like you wouldn’t get put into the slot until the leader confirms it?

Quoted from Enders Flame

putting ‘experience’ requirements on certain classes! Could be a built in thing for the site or at the discretion of the lobby maker

Take a look at the “Class restrictions and slot reservations” paragraph on http://blog.tf2center.com/2013/07/new-features.html.

To surmise: yes, this is in place. Restrictions are placed at the lobby leaders discretion, on number of lobbys total, reliability, or number of hours of TF2 played (or some combination of these)

Enders Flame

Quoted from foxy_dave

[…]

Take a look at the “Class restrictions and slot reservations” paragraph on http://blog.tf2center.com/2013/07/new-features.html.

To surmise: yes, this is in place. Restrictions are placed at the lobby leaders discretion, on number of lobbys total, reliability, or number of hours of TF2 played (or some combination of these)

Ah I see, apologies I hadn’t spotted that, I have now read all that stuff. A lot of the ideas are great, I hope you can put it all together. GL

Quoted from quell

What’s the point in bad people playing this new tf2lobby?

:)

Quoted from lawrence

How could we get our hands on the closed beta as it is invite-only? Will you invite only the guys you want or you’ll just make some sort of random giveaway of access?

We want to keep the initial beta to people that have been involved in the project behind the scenes, or people we know and trust. We feel they are much more likely to put up with any teething problems and bugs that arise, and we can also trust their feedback to be genuine and not trolling!

We’ll be asking people over the coming week if they’re available to help test when the beta comes up, and if we don’t get enough numbers then we may open it up a little.

Mother Tereza

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]
Bit overkill imo, plus designs don’t make things work. I’d rather see something boring that just works.

Let me disagree with you. Design MAKES things work. This is main purpose of the design.
It’s not only about beauty, but first of all, it is about functionality and usability. Beauty helps people to use things, because people like beautiful things. Apple is a good example, how design changed perception of users and moreover the philosophy of mobile gadgets. You can personally dislike our design, but keep in mind that there is no casual decisions.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Haha Apple and usability….. Like the touchwheel on ipods that doesn’t work in the rain? lol

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Mother Tereza

[…]
Let me disagree with you. Design MAKES things work.

Hah, gay!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Mother Tereza

[…]
Let me disagree with you. Design MAKES things work.

No, code makes things work. Design lets it look pretty and is miles less important.

You’re also not apple and are in fact serving an arguably far more difficult audience here. We’ve seen too many projects here that didn’t quite make it, hence we are skeptical. Deliver something that works, that’s all we ask. It doesn’t mattter how pretty it is.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

“Real artists ship.”

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

No, code makes things work. Design lets it look pretty and is miles less important.

you’re obviously missing the point. of course code is important but people don’t want some ugly irc shit, people want pretty shit that’s easy to use.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 33 Next »