x
Dear teams and players, thank you for participating in the ETF2L 6v6 Season 47 (Spring 2024). We would appreciate if you could take your time to go through this little feedback form.

Forum

UKESA Grand Finals

Created 20th March 2009 @ 13:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1

beta

RaWr ::

Surprised this wasn’t posted up here but here is the press release taken from ED:

http://www.enemydown.eu/news/319

“The United Kingdom eSports Association (UKeSA) Season One Grand Finals will take place from May 23-25, 2009 at a yet to be disclosed venue in central London.

“The Dell XPS Premiership, UKeSA Championship and Cup Season One Grand Finals will be the culmination of the UK’s largest competitive gaming event ever and will see £40,000 given away to the top eSports teams and players in the UK,” said Ray Mia, the Chief Executive of the UKeSA. “We are expecting over 25,000 visitors at the Season One finals over the three day event which will feature activities for all gamers, both casual and competitive alike.”

The following UKeSA matches will take place at the Season One Grand Finals:

Dell XPS Premiership Finals – semi finals and grand finals
UKeSA Championship Finals – grand finals only
UKeSA Cup Finals – grand finals only

The UKeSA will supply consoles, computers and monitors for the finals with competitors responsible for their own gaming peripherals (mouse, keyboard, etc).

Along with the May 23-25 Season One Grand Finals, the UKeSA has also confirmed the dates for its 2009 Season Two and Season Three finals.

Season Two Grand Finals – August 29-31, 2009
Season Three Grand Finals – December 5-6, 2009

Additional details, including exhibitor and press information, will be announced over the forthcoming weeks”

Unsure of what the semi-finals / finals covers yet so expect more info soon. Though with that being said, we could be looking at a Season 2 starting May-June?

Mike

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

this event is on the 20th and 21st of June now right? Does anyone have a schedule of games for the weekend, i’m gonna come down on the sunday to watch and film so wanted to know who would be playing.

F2

Danmark

http://www.enemydown.eu/news/498

Please note that the event will only be open to competitors, managers, media and press.

RaCio

GoT²

Cant somebody get bones access by making him manager of some random clan, like we did at the start of ukesa :D

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

ahh that sucks that theres no access for spectators! Is there no way to get me in under Media maybe? Or does some team need a water boy? :P

eoN^

Cant somebody get bones access by making him manager of some random clan, like we did at the start of ukesa :D

Do you need ID to say your part of the press or could he just say “I represent a TF2 forum and I’m doing a article on UKeSA”?

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

http://www.enemydown.eu/content/ukesagrandfinals

It doesn’t look promising, squads have already been finalised

Darn

rockit like

Bones just send them some email that you will be doing some coverage, lets say for etf2l. I cant see no reason why they would refuse any publicity.

Waebi

‹Con›

and if they do, ask pukz if he could take you with him, they wont hold off a press dude from OMG YYT.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

i emailed him before you mentioned about etf2l :/

Email:

Hi Mike,

I’m an amateur film/frag movie creator and was wondering what the rules are about filming at the UKeSA finals. I don’t represent any particular media coverage websites, but have produced popular videos in the TF2 community (For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8f2zTT1KqQ )

I have a lan video in planning stages and i already have footage from Reality Lan (Holland) and Multiplay Iseries 36, so i was wondering if it will be at all possible for me to be able to access the UKeSA finals? I understand that the rules states that there is no access to spec this event (why?) but could an exception be made for me to come and film? I feel that a good frag video with footage from ingame and out would promote your event as the views on my Druidz Justice movie have just topped 60,000 on youtube alone.

Thank you

Hopefully that’ll work

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

I’m in, i’ll see who evers going on sunday! I’ve seen the schedule of events but is there a timetable of games yet?

skinnie

TCM

according to that timetable we play vs Idk? at 10am (cup final) and right after that we play vs clan00 (championship final)

dont know about the prems matches

Add A Reply Pages: 1