Forum

S12 Grand Final Viewership

Created 12th July 2012 @ 07:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Peaking at 800 on VanillaTV1 during map 2 and sat around that tilll the end.

150-200 on VanillaTV2 most of the night.

180- ish on mumble.

200-ish on STV

And afaik, 300 viewers between the other language stream.

Well done guys.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

You got the numbers for season 11?

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I wasnt able to watch it, otherwise it would’ve been a staggering 801 viewers even!

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Good numbers…who needs unlocks huh?

dodgydogman

Panda

Just wondering, but why not use twitch.tv instead of own3d? afaik far more people are on twitch, so you are likely to get a lot more people tuning in due to curiosity, which is what comp tf2 needs really.

Epic second map, awesome turnout and fantastic casting by both pairs! :D

Last edited by dodgydogman,

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from dodgydogman

Just wondering, but why not use twitch.tv instead of own3d? afaik far more people are on twitch, so you are likely to get a lot more people tuning in due to curiosity, which is what comp tf2 needs really.

Epic second map, awesome turnout and fantastic casting by both pairs! :D

twitch at times suffers from bad routing causing upload speeds being very slow (afaik). I suffered it myself got around 335k upload at a bad time where as own3d doesn’t seem to have that problem. I believe Comedian had the same problem. Adam basically told me to switch to own3d for this reason.

But don’t get me wrong we both agree Twitch is the better site for design/user experience just a shame.

Last edited by Si^,

Regen

nf.
9F

Having the comms of TCM was brilliant and made me enjoy it 300% more.

dodgydogman

Panda

Yo, routing problems are a common problem with a very easy solution, in fact I get limited to 300kbps. The fix is easy as hell though.
http://www.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7159
Just log in, download tcp relay, follow the instructions in the readme and you should get whatever upload you want :).

Mine goes from 300 to my limit.

Twitch makes so much more sense if you are trying to stream regularly, the chat, ui and the fact that the site is more popular just makes it the better choice imho..

You just need to remember to run the .cmd file before streaming, its simple. Also it looked like whoever was streaming was alt tabbing to switch scene, you can use hotkeys for that :D.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Si^

[…]

twitch at times suffers from bad routing causing upload speeds being very slow (afaik). I suffered it myself got around 335k upload at a bad time where as own3d doesn’t seem to have that problem. I believe Comedian had the same problem. Adam basically told me to switch to own3d for this reason.

But don’t get me wrong we both agree Twitch is the better site for design/user experience just a shame.

Twitch posted on league’s reddit saying that they improved on this issue and no one seems to be mad since then

Last edited by evokje,

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

For some time in late 2011 both Comedian and Torden were on Twitch’s case about the routing/lag issues.

For months all we got we “we’ll be working on it soon” this and “improvements on the way” that – in the end we just gave up after several months of this and had several trials with own3d where the quality of the stream was far superior.

It would be unwise to constantly switch between the two if we were to gain some kind of partnership which we’re looking to do/or have done – nobody seems to keep me informed on this stuff. :(

Certainly for the near future I don’t see VanillaTV switching sites (again) and so long as people are aware within our own community where they can watch the stream for casts then I’m more than happy. When we actually get the promotional side of VTV (http://www.vanillatf2.org/2012/07/vanillatv-recruitment-pr-machineClick Here in You’re a Keen Bean[/url]) then we can start looking at expanding our coverage to the TF2 community and the competitive gaming community as a whole in a much more assertive manner than what we’re doing currently.

Back to last night, however – it was a great advert once again for TF2. Some good games and a some great options on offer for the viewers with Two different casts and TCM Comms (FU Epsilon, be men and get in VTV mumble next time! :(… )

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from evokje

[…]
Twitch posted on league’s reddit saying that they improved on this issue and no one seems to be mad since then

ah that is great news have to check that out.

atmo

It would be cool if the ffsplit guy (or xsplit) had an option to stream to two sites simultaneously. I think boomeh’s connection could probably handle it, although can’t say the same for comedian (unless he could stream to a server which then did the splitting for him). The encoding only needs to be done once so I don’t think it would add much if any CPU load.

Pognon

DA!

On the millenium shoutcast (our french webTV) we had 320 to 430+ spects.

It’s not too bad, and we had great fun shoutcasting this game.

Last edited by Pognon,

Skyride

DUCS

The twitch vs own3d argument is really difficult. The routing isn’t really a big deal as 3 of us in Vanilla have servers on massive pipes that we could proxy through no problem at all (not to mention Arx having a mini-google at his disposal if necessary). I agree that from a promotional/UI/brand standpoint, Twitch is the better choice, but it basically comes down to whether what we gain from going with Twitch is worth losing our relationship with own3d (which the general feel between the Vanilla admins is no).

I think it’s also worth noting that speaking from an entirely technical perspective, own3d actually have a superior infrastructure to twitch. Twitch however have a wayyyyy better player.

TL;DR: Twitch have better brand/website/web player, Own3d have better infrastructure

Quoted from CrashSite

You got the numbers for season 11?

Don’t have them to hand, but afaik it was like 300-350 on only 1 stream.

Last edited by Skyride,

Zebbosai

gggggggg

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »