Forum

S12 Grand Final Viewership

Created 12th July 2012 @ 07:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Si^

[…]

twitch at times suffers from bad routing causing upload speeds being very slow (afaik)

Twitch servers are horribad.

I get under a tenth my upload-speed to Amsterdam which is 450 miles away..

Quoted from Skyride

TL;DR: Twitch have better brand/website/web player, Own3d have better infrastructure

Oy, own3d player has built in refresh key. Twitch doesn’t have that!

Last edited by crouton,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

wait a minute, I thought tf2 was dead?!

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I dont thinknthis shit was hyped enough, am i the only onethat thinks 800 is poor? Americans had 2000 constant.

atmo

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

I dont thinknthis shit was hyped enough, am i the only onethat thinks 800 is poor? Americans had 2000 constant.

we only had a day and half’s notice, it was hard to prepare as thoroughly as we’d have liked

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Don’t understand how the viewers were so high. I mean, the mighty Team Scotland were facing their foes, the dastardly Team Luxenbourg. Such a fine battle should not have been missed.

Last edited by Thalien,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from atmo

[…]

we only had a day and half’s notice, it was hard to prepare as thoroughly as we’d have liked

Date, time and timezone might be a factor too…
ESEA was at the weekend and got a lot of EU viewers, but I think the time difference doesn’t work so favourably in reverse; how many wasters are spectating TF2 early on a Wednesday afternoon in NA apart from djc and clockwork? :D

Who am I kidding?! No unlocks, no glory :(

AnimaL

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

they were on twitch, main page… you can easy get 500+ viewers if u get on twitch main page… i think skyride failed to add another thing to why twitch is better – general viewerbase + human interaction in built-in chat attracts more viewers

not to mention nobody in NA knew/cared about etf2l finals (at least thats the vibe i got from pug.na)

btw, i dont think the upload servers for twitch are bad (since they have multiple locations in eu), i think the download servers for eu users are horrible (there are only the ones in mid/west NA, at least as far ive seen for my stream) so when ever me or my friend uses over 2200kbps ppl start to whine about video freezes

Last edited by AnimaL,

kaidus

WiK?

Wrap it up in as many bells and ribbons as you like, the etf2l final was still just a glorified run of the mill online tournament. It’s pretty retarded to compare it to ESEA finals which has both a huge organisation behind it and a LAN which automatically generated tenfold interest.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I do agree that there isn’t that much hype etc from this event, but I feel that we should have really hyped it a lot more.

I also agree with Animal and Skyride in saying that Twitch would have given us a lot more viewers for our streams, with Dota2 that also have their streams on own3d, their views are actually quite small for a popular livestream, mainly because it’s not that popular as twitch.

Having said that own3d is a lot better in terms of quality, I can watch the games on my iPad without having to use twitches fucking dire app.

To me the numbers feel disappointing especially with the Season 9 finals which was sure to be a fail having like 1400 viewers.

It’s even more disappointing with such an insane casting set going on :(

Phrozen

?

Would have been cool if the teams were able to set a date a week in advance (I don’t know the circumstances, maybe something stopped them from doing it) we could have posted on the main page a week before, with any further posts mentioning the countdown of days to the final, a couple threads perhaps of which team would win. 800 was good for the little notice we had but with a little bit extra planning we probably could’ve gotten a good deal over a 1,000. Also, I like the Vanillatf2 streams under recent results :D

gnaw

ESEA LAN also had a ‘Recent News’ entry on the TF2 steam page. And STAR uploaded a video that got like 40 000 hits from pubbers who might not have been aware otherwise.

Califax

dyn.

I’ve been thinking for a while that maybe ETF2L should not set the week but set the exact date and time when the premiership grand final will be played in stone as early as the first announcement of a new season. (or maybe even for all the playoff matches) Kinda like ESEA sets the LAN-finals date, not the players.

At the time of the first announcement of a new season (+/-2 weeks before the season starts normally) every single player in the premiership will have 10 weeks to ensure they have those dates blocked out in their agenda’s. No excuses.

This will give ETF2L, the team’s own organisations and third-parties like vanillaTV / eXTV / TF2World.ru / MilleniumTV / WHO EVER loads of time to build the hype the grand final should have…

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Califax

I’ve been thinking for a while that maybe ETF2L should not set the week but set the exact date and time when the premiership grand final will be played in stone as early as the first announcement of a new season. (or maybe even for all the playoff matches) Kinda like ESEA sets the LAN-finals date, not the players.

At the time of the first announcement of a new season (+/-2 weeks before the season starts normally) every single player in the premiership will have 10 weeks to ensure they have those dates blocked out in their agenda’s. No excuses.

This will give ETF2L, the team’s own organisations and third-parties like vanillaTV / eXTV / TF2World.ru / MilleniumTV / WHO EVER loads of time to build the hype the grand final should have…

Absolutely, but after 13 seasons of limp wristed administration will the leagues finally get tough on “professionalism”? Be ruthless!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

Absolutely, but after 13 seasons of limp wristed administration will the leagues finally get tough on “professionalism”? Be ruthless!

Pfff, I doubt the teams want that. ESL had strict rules and for some bizarre reason half the community acted like a bunch of whiny kids.

AnimaL

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Pfff, I doubt the teams want that. ESL had strict rules and for some bizarre reason half the community acted like a bunch of whiny kids.

this, i dont think with the “professionalism” of free to play league you should force any dates, its proven to be disappointing

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »