Forum

i46: The American Project

Created 18th June 2012 @ 22:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 21 Next »

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Chaplain

What do u guys think of this? – http://etf2l.org/forum/lan/topic-21750/

PS, if someone could spread this around reddit and natf2, id greatly appreciate it

I was going to contact you about this tonight, add me on steam or email me.

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

I was going to contact you about this tonight, add me on steam or email me.

Your friends list is full mr popular

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

tbh, you could get another person in the uni accom on a cheap airbed easily. They can always rotate with the actual bed, but eh, airbeds are usually fairly comfy anyway plus the benefit of the shower etc. it’s not much different.

It’d be appreciated if they are willing to disclose how much they’re actually putting towards it themselves – in terms of transport. I’m glad this is coming together though, hopefully we can get some result.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

we should like totally make tf2 at i46 an olympic event

Skyride

DUCS

I hear boat racing is a big thing at i-series.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from shdwpuppet

Be there seems to be quite a lot of apprehension towards donating which is something I should have forseen and provided a more detailed cost analysis. Mind you that the 20k total is for two teams to go. Any excess funding will be put towards international benifits for tf2 (maybe prize pots for i46, but that is a conversation I need to have with some of our major investors and extine).

Yea, that still doesn’t really answer my question, I’m far more concerned that it doesn’t happen at all (yanks going to i46) rather than raising too much money. If you raised like $5000 now, which does not get a single team to the UK, what would happen with the $5k?

Another thing:

Regarding use of excess funding, I’m not a huge fan of raising the prize pot, personally i couldn’t care less how much money the winner gets, as I’m not taking part (and would have no chance to win anyways) I’d only donate to -see- it happen and VanillaTF2 would make that possible for me. So I’d much rather see any leftovers to go to them or their respective US counterparts.

Last edited by slate,

Swarlz

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

Naaaaaaw! Your not retarded. Dont worry about what the bad man says swarlzy baby! We love you.

Yaaay :D

THE_WILLY

I think there are many EU teams from div 1 – 2 that want to go to i46 and the cost of their trip would be minimally 5 times cheaper. So Europeans think about it, do you want to have 2 US teams or 10 EU that can play almost at the same level?

Waebi

‹Con›

2 US teams

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Waebi

2 US teams

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from BoneS

we should like totally make tf2 at i46 an olympic event

i would also add that the finalists get different entry music when they walk up to the mainstage (like in boxing)

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Waebi

2 US teams

Extremer

I will be selling “fuck infused” t-shirts at half price for the yanks.

Black_Bob

[DA]

My vote would still be 2 US teams, yes there are a lot of eu teams about but if they are just going to be cannon fodder for infused epsilon what’s the point, the American teams are a game changer they could cause some major upsets and really make I46 more than a 2 horse race.

Now all we need is the original dignitas lan team to show up to complete the show :D

Wabbeh

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Many different approaches with Valve were taken but unfortuantely they wouldn’t commit to helping us make a specific Hat just for i46 lan that we could sell :[. I can understand that they want to keep well away as if they let us do this one thing they open the flood gates for everyone to throw ideas at them to sell items for different causes.

Even if they can’t ‘sell’ an item per se, could there be a medal or hat for people who’ve donated? I’m fairly sure Kritzkast did something like that..(?)..

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 21 Next »