6v6 Winter Showdown 2023: Home
Banner by soda
6v6 Winter Showdown 2023 Season Schedule:
- Signups: January 31st – February 22nd 18:00 CET (Premiership and Division 1 signups will close early, on February 17th at 18:00 CET)
- Publishing of Provisional Divisions: February 24th
- Publishing of Final Divisions: February 26th
- Premiership Qualifiers: February 18th – February 23rd
- Main Season: 26th February – April 14th
- Playoffs: April 16th – April 30th
Premiership prize pool
However, you can donate to our Ko-Fi to help towards funding it!
Premiership & Division 1
For Premiership and Division 1, we will be continuing with the pick ban system, the confirmed maps are:
This subset of maps will be used during the season each week:
- week 1: cp_process, cp_snakewater, cp_gullywash, koth_product, cp_granary
- week 2: cp_snakewater, cp_metalworks_f5, cp_sunshine, koth_bagel, cp_gullywash
- week 3: cp_metalworks, cp_reckoner, cp_process, cp_sunshine, cp_granary
- week 4: cp_reckoner, cp_snakewater, cp_gullywash, koth_product, cp_sunshine
- week 5: cp_granary, cp_process, koth_product, koth_bagel, cp_metalworks
- week 6: cp_process, cp_sunshine, cp_snakewater, cp_gullywash, cp_reckoner
- week 7: cp_metalworks, cp_reckoner, koth_product, koth_bagel, cp_granary
We are going back to a double elimination system, with the following schedule:
- Saturday April 22nd
- 17:00 CET – Lower Bracket Semi Final – Seed #3 vs Seed #4
- 21:00 CET – Upper Bracket Final – Seed #1 vs Seed #2
- Sunday April 23rd
- 17:00 CET – Lower Bracket Final
- 21:00 CET – Grand Final
Top seeds in Lower Bracket Semi-Final and Upper Bracket Final will have a pick advantage.
Division 2 & Below
For Division 2 and Below we are going to be testing out a new system where we rotate out some of the “core” maps to allow for new ones to be tried and keep the seasons feeling fresh. This core is:
Every season, 3 of these maps will be picked, with the other sitting out until the next season. For this season, we will have have the following maps:
In the original season announcement we polled the community to choose between two koth maps. With 59,14% of the votes going in favor of koth_product_final against the 40,86% of koth_clearcut_b15d, we will be adding Product to the map pool of the 6v6 Winter Showdown 2023.
The season will use the following map rotation:
- Week 1: cp_gullywash_f9 + koth_product_final
- Week 2: koth_product_final + cp_snakewater_final1
- Week 3: cp_snakewater_final1 + cp_granary_pro_rc14
- Week 4: cp_granary_pro_rc14 + koth_bagel_rc6
- Week 5: koth_bagel_rc6 + cp_metalworks_f5
- Week 6: cp_metalworks_f5 + cp_sunshine
- Week 7: cp_sunshine + cp_gullywash_f9
For lower divisions, the following schedule will be used:
- Quarter Finals: April 16th – April 20th
- Semi Finals: April 20th – April 25th
- Grand Final: April 25th – April 30th
- GUCCI PIRATES
- Agen restricted from medic
- Casual Tryhard
- Rambosaur restricted from engineer
- Sizzle restricted from sniper
- Paris at Home
- Michaelpc1 restricted from sniper
- Midnight 6s
- lawn restricted from engineer
- moikill231 restricted from heavy
- "restricted roster"
- Mimo restricted from engineer
- buko restricted from sniper
- ShaddowDude restricted from spy
- Vclox_ restricted from pyro
- career ending -48 damage airshot
- Exe_Red restricted from engineer
- da House
- STiNGHAN restricted from sniper
- Dimms (and yak) & The Brits
- Butzbach, Erwachsenenvollzug
- mezzo restricted from Spy
- Local Issues
- DelT restricted from pyro
- без названия
- Kumis restricted from heavy
- PBS 6s
- Jortand restricted from engineer
- HbiVnm restricted from heavy
- Ketamine Enjoyers
- buma restricted from soldier
- stfu noob
- tsd. restricted from demo
- Eternal Fire
- AasTee restricted from engineer
- Rat Gang: zased ultitrio
- PGE Turow Zgorzelec
- Mk.3 restricted from heavy
- kays good cooking
- rulliez restricted from Demoman
- puss in boots
- Harrow restricted from medic
- Base Project
- M_J_C restricted from engineer
- Fitness Gaming
- ligtaz restricted from demo
- 1 7 0 7
- 333res can’t play
- monty's team
- Haevn can’t play
- spawncamper. restricted from Sniper
The enabled plugins are the following, as long as you run the latest ETF2L config these will all be enabled:
- The random variable in fall damage calculation will be removed (sm_deterministic_fall_damage 1).
- Mediguns that are dropped while the ubercharge is active will be emptied (sm_empty_active_ubercharges_when_dropped 1).
- Crossbow bolts will no longer pass through teammates when in close range (sm_fix_ghost_crossbow_bolts 1).
- Gameplay state that changed because of the UserCmd handling bug will be restored to what it was before the pause.(sm_fix_post_pause_state 1).
- Players won’t stop while sliding on slopes anymore (sm_fix_slope_bug 1).
- Stickies will no longer fail to detonate when swapping weapons (sm_fix_sticky_delay 1).
- Clients will not be able to use the
extendfreezecommand. This prevents some information leak, players can use this command after dying to spectate their killer in third person (sm_inhibit_extendfreeze 1).
- All pipes will have their collider resized to the set value in Hammer Units (sm_override_pipe_size 4.0).
- Projectiles will pass through teammates, but not friendly buildings (sm_projectiles_ignore_teammates 1).
- No souls will be spawned during the Halloween holiday events (sm_remove_halloween_souls 1).
- Gunboats resistance will apply even if the explosion hurts an enemy (sm_gunboats_always_apply 1).
- The Winger’s jump bonus will only take effect when the weapon is fully deployed (sm_winger_jump_bonus_when_fully_deployed 1).
Futher explanation, and other plugins can be found on TwiiKuu‘s Github.