September 19, 2022
Banner by soda
Welcome to the conclusion of the 27th season of ETF2L Highlander!
If you find yourself on the list of these teams you are expected to be available. If you fail to provide information, or it is insufficient, we will have to decide your match dates for you. Keep in mind that we will try and accommodate both teams, but the match date may still vary from your provided days if for example none of the days matches with your opponent’s, but your opponent offered more days than you did. Deadlines listed for the matches are flexible and may be changed in certain situations if admins are contacted about allowing extensions on these.
The schedule for the playoff matches will be the following.
- Upper Bracket Finals/Quarter Finals: 17th – 24th September
- Lower Bracket Finals/Semi Finals: 25th September – 1st October
- Grand Finals: 2nd October – 9th October
Pick & Ban System
Due to only 6 maps being in the pool for this season, playoffs will work a bit differently to accommodate this change. All divisions except Division 2 (due to the division split) will be seeded before going into playoffs, the higher seed in each game will have the final map pick, this will look like:
- Team A bans a map
- Team B bans a map
- Team B picks a map
- Team A picks a map
- Team with better seed bans a map
- The remaining map is the decider
For Division 2, the “top seed” will be determined by a Heavy Fist Fight. This is, in our opinion, the fairest way to ensure that all maps are available for the playoffs, instead of cutting one just before.
The losers of this match will play against TWICE, while the winners will advance to the Grand Final.
The losers of this match will play against QZR, while the winners will advance to the Grand Final.
For the Mid Tier we’re going with 6 teams in the playoffs with single elimination.
- 29 points
- Crystal Castles: Sponsored by Scroft
- 24 points
- toxicfatkids: Racist Racers
- 21 points
- Gentlemercs Union
- 20 points
- 18 points – tiebreaker score: 6,25
- 18 points – tiebreaker score: 4,89
Just a Rabbit 18 points – tiebreaker score: 0,00
For the Open Tier we’re going with 6 teams in the playoffs with single elimination.
- PizaRat sponsored by SwG
- 26 points
- rat gang; el maco || Sponsored by SwG
- 22 points – tiebreaker score: 9,67
- 22 points – tiebreaker score: 6,67
- Project Nexus
- 21 points
- Architects Of Doom
- 20 points – tiebreaker score: 12,33
- Daily Dreams 2
- 20 points – tiebreaker score: 8,33
Polish Tea 20 points – tiebreaker score: 6,83