January 7, 2021
Banner by soda
Announcing Highlander Season 23 and Preseason Cup!
All the information regarding the coming Season can either be found in this newspost, or will be released shortly!
The tier systems that we use will be fully dependent on the final signup numbers.
This will be a small cup to test out some maps and weapons. The cup consists out of a small round robin group stage. The maps are primarily updates.
The whitelist.tf page for this whitelist can be found here. https://whitelist.tf/11465.
For server admins, remember that the command to execute the whitelist is the following: “rcon tftrue_whitelist_id 11465”.
- Beggar’s Bazooka
- Red-Tape Recorder
Signups are open now until January 13th at 20 CET.
- Round 1: January 14, 19:30 CET – pl_prowater_b12
- Round 2: January 14, 20:15 CET – koth_ashville_rc2c
- Round 3: January 14, 21:00 CET – pl_vigil_rc7
Highlander Season 23
- Signups: January 4th –January 20th, 21:00 CET (Premiership signups will close early, on January 16th at 21:00 CET)
- Publishing of Provisional Divisions: January 20th
- Publishing of Final Divisions: January 23rd
- Premiership Qualifiers: January 17th – January 22nd
- Main Season: January 24th – February 26th
- Playoffs: February 27 – March 8th
The following plugins will be enabled starting this season:
- Winger Jump Bonus only applies when fully deployed – Similarly to the Atomizer, the jump bonus from the Winger will only apply when fully deployed.
- Gunboats Always Apply – Gunboats currently do not apply the damage resistance when shooting enemies. With this plugin enabled they do.
- Projectiles Ignore Teammates – Projectiles consistently pass through teammates.
The following maps are already confirmed for the season.
Division 1 and 2 remain in place. Teams looking into playing in either of these divisions will need to sign up to High tier when signing up for the season. If teams would want to specify to which of these Divisions they want to be placed in, we strongly encourage teams to send in an application to us with the said method below.
Make sure to choose your desired tier when signing up for the season in the sign-up process. If you created a new team, feel free to apply for the tier you believe you deserve you should be in. To prove you are capable of the tier you applied for, we require you to submit screenshots or logs of results from your recent practice matches or tournaments where you scored decent results against teams that play on the level you aim for, send an application to [email protected] (details listed below) with a suitable subject. Emails with subjects like “Hello”, “Hi” or anything else that cannot be identified as a team applying for a tier by mail may be ignored. Teams signing up for the high division are advised to send an email whether they have a preference to either play division 1 or 2. If no email is send by a team signing up for high they will get placed by admins based on the roster of the team.
Additionally, since it happens time and time again, you do not sign up by mail, you sign up on the site and apply by mail if you are a newly formed team playing in anything higher than Open.
The quantity of screenshots or logs is not the most important factor in this case, it’s more of a helpful measure for us to figure out if your team will be able to keep up with the pace. There is no magical, minimum or maximum number of screenshots or logs that you have to submit.
When sending links to logs on logs.tf or similar it is highly recommended that you include a short explanatory comment for each linked log, e.g. who your opponents are supposed to be and where they played last season. Also helpful for us, but not a must, however, is adding who the opposing team is in each screenshot or log (and maybe even the division they played in the last time). That makes it easier for us because sometimes it can be quite hard (especially in the lower tiers) to figure out who the teams in the screenshots are. We will not accept plain lists of logs without any comments!
Please note that the success of your request also strongly depends on the free slots in the tier you aim for. Established teams will be favored over new teams or teams that request to jump a tier. The screenshots have to be uploaded to an online image storage service (for example, you can use Imgur or Dropbox). Keep in mind that if you opt for zipped archives with tons of pictures attached to an e-mail, your application will be ignored. Keep it clean.
If you are applying for Open tier (which is our entry division), you do not have to provide any proof that you are capable of playing at that level.
Please send your application to [email protected]. The tier assignment request has to include the following information in order to be considered. Incomplete applications will be ignored!
- Do not use HTML in your e-mail. If you want to add a link, just
paste the link in the e-mail as you would enter it in your browser.
- Team name
- Team link on ETF2L.org
- Tier you are applying for
- Link to the online photo album with comments
- Reasons why your team deserves to be placed in the tier you applied for (optional)