Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 109 Next »

ZeyOrk

I am getting green f2! Hulk-rage is close :O

Is work on this little chuffer still ongoing? Be a shame if the frantic initial playtesting activity and community good will went to waste :<

Chubbsta

I think that there will be a closed testing sometime this week iirc what byte said in irc. I think its in the final stages now, which all the texturing and other tweaks being done :)

Hooray :D

byte

Of course my good friend, as if i would start a job and not finish it, am not the type :x

If all goes to plan with me/larky it will be out Sunday/Monday i believe. When I say out as in cp_obscure_beta.

Will be around 80% textured just some detailing and obviously play testing will be required with these new textures on, none of the geometry has changed :)

I will need 4 testers on Sat/Sun to help me go through the map for bugs/’annoying placements’ etc and so on…

Was thinking

– Runesky
– Baerbal
– Codcrille
– 1 more

I’ve already spoken to Runesky he’s around and agreed to help, if the other 2 mentioned just leave me a message on irc/steam saying if they can/want to and are around this weekend i’ll pm you when its avail to me to test etc…

All I can say is I’m 101% sure your going to love the beta version as it really does look much prettier more concise, clean and smart BUT the main thing is that it “feels” simple so when you are in the thick of the battle there is not much “clutter” or “detail” to put you off : >

I will upload some screenshots once the cp3/cp2 area are slightly more textured atm Larky is trying his best to texture like valve quality and get a story out of the map so <3 :D

For those wondering about "What about the great fps i get on the old version will it still be there in the textured beta version?" yes it will basically it will be whatever fps you got in the cp_obscure_alphafinal – 5 to 10% i.e. 200fps – 20fps = 180fps or 190fps etc…

So its not much…considering its textured like valve quality/style :)

Cheers

Byte

Netsky

:D

nothing more to add.

hm… maybe some :3 aswell…

hadlock

RdD
LSSMT

any word on the updated version (beta? final?) of this map? can you slap it up on fpsbanana and/or tf2maps.net when the next version is released? this is a hard map to find/keep track of. love it, all this map needs is some texture love and it’s ready for prime time. thanks for a great map.

byte

Hey dude! Aye it was meant to be out last Sunday but i had to include some changes which meant a few extra days til release.

Once it’s been tested by the testers mentioned from previous post i’ll put it on fpsbanana and also will be making a thread on gotfrag.tf2maps forums too…

A few extras days should be worth the wait trust moi ^_^

Cheers

Byte

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Come oooon :)

ilike2spin

RLM

Ye come on, gimme!

byte

Map was beta tested on Wednesday by

– Runesky
– Baerbal
– Myself
– NOT-HIM (bSky)

All in all it was pretty successful how it went, obviously we found some minor bugs that need fixing for maximum gameplay and enjoyment. The main problem on the map at the moment is the “rocks” and “pillars”, they are currently being worked on and fixed. The rest of the minor bugs found by all of us will be done by today i believe and i’ve asked Larky to possibly make it beta worthy to play.

Will be speaking to him tonight to get an update, i’m at i-series this weekend too, so when i get my p.c. set up i’ll do some screenshots for you guys, originally was going to be released on Tue but after the testing, the bugs found needed fixing or you won’t enjoy it as much.

So you know, NO geometry has changed in the map so layout wise its all the same just about.

Will try my best tonight to get some screenies on for you guys, i think you’ll love cp1 area in the beta personally ^_^

Cheers

Byte

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

nice, can’t wait.

ilike2spin

RLM

Will it be pretty now?

byte

Well it’s been coming! Sorry for the delay but i think it will be worth the wait! It’s been over 4 weeks since the last update and for that i think you the community and the public for your patience, but as the famous phrase goes “good things comes to those who wait” :)

The map has completely transformed visually, i think the majority will be overwhelmed with what they will see in the beta version, and it will take around 1/2hours getting used to the new textures/details etc…

I can’t thank larky (MP Admin) more than enough for putting so much effort and time into this, he’s very good with his work and it shows just with the texturing/optimization and building of a map, the amount of fps i get in this map is much better than what 7 out of the 8 valve maps exist if not all 8.

Now as its still in its BETA stage… this doesn’t mean the map is complete. A breakdown is shown below.

Cap Point 1

Completely transformed, is much lighter brighter and feels more spacious even though the dimension is the same as the alpha version. Everything you see in cp1 is there for a reason. Especially the “WATCH YOUR STEP” sign. I’ll leave that to you to figure out ;-)

In terms of how comeplete cp1 is, i’d say all in all its 90% done. A little more detail will put applied i.e. for example the bottom left corner of cp1 needs something etc; However i do NOT want to make it too detailed as this will take the focus off alot of players for aiming and will make it feel too ‘clustered’

In terms of FPS you should get roughly the same fps as you did in the alpha version may of decreased slightly by about 10% less but this is because optimization is only 65% complete, but 95% of you should not be affected i don’t think.

Cap Point 2

Is about ¾’s transformed, cap point 2 is the least worked on out of the 3 cap points mainly because it is the hardest to texture/give a story/and a theme and make it all ‘connect’. So please i know its not as detailed as cp1 and cp3 is this is obvious however it is enough to give the foundations of cp2 with the texturing used and some detail.

The balcony has a little extended ledge which is mainly there for (Anderson LOL) nah j/k is there so that if a class wishes to jump from the rock to the balcony they can. Currently the only class that can’t easily is Heavy, it can just make it if you do it perfectly but 9/10 times you can’t, we shall see how this works when the “heavy” update occurs :-).

In terms of fps this is also the least optimized cap point..however don’t worry, it’s not a sharp decrease it ranges from 10-20% fps decrease.

So i.e. from 130fps on avg you should hit on average 115 or 110fps. So it’s not alot lost, it will be moe optimized in the next update, so don’t worry :-)

Cap Point 3

This cap point has completely transformed more so than cap point 1, like you wouldn’t believe. I’ve tried to give this a story and a theme, and i think its half there if not more. I’ll leave that for you to judge and decide. I think for sure with the textures on the Juicy health pack in mid-air is gonna be MUCH more tempting just because it feels like its lower even though it’s not, it’s actually the same height as the alpha but feels lower :-). Also the colour contrast of the bridge to the sky is MUCH crisper and more “apparent” in terms of the health pack.

I haven’t got much to say about cp3 (because it’s just too good) except that it’s missing some details but not alot i.e. it’s 90% complete so it won’t be getting much more visuals. Since the beta testing occured one of the problems that rose was the ‘colour distinction’ i.e how do we know which side is blue and which side is red. Well i think this has been fixed. Optimization again is better than cp2 and you should only lose around 10% fps than the alpha version as it’s not completely optimized as mentioned before.

Things to note

As Larky is human and so am i, i’ve tried to test all wall’s roof’s ledges, rocks in terms of clipping, i.e. so you can’t get stuck from a ledge when rj’ing vertically or you can’t stand on a invisible clip on a building and so on… if you do find one please contact me and i will put it on the bugs to fix list! I think 95% of them have been found.

Also another thing to note the left side of cp2 i.e. the biggish building and the ramp room are not detailed / have been worked but still are playable just not all “pretty” as much as the rest as the map, i figured it’s enough to be played at a good level and not affect the game play so you’ll have to excuse me on this.

Any constructive feedback is very welcome please feel free to pm me on irc #mpuktf2.pickup @ quakenet.

I’ll update the 1st post on this thread with the screenshots later when i get a chance. At the moment i’m in the process of sorting a website for this map and a website for myself so it’s all v busy! >_<!

Download Link
http://fakkelbrigade.eu/byte/cp_obscure_beta.zip

Cheers

Byte

byte

Also i’d appreciate it if the pickup gather admins update the maps to this version

f2
robbaz
dorkan/foxtreme
tarmo
Cinq
and whoever is in charge of the German pug’s

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 109 Next »