Forum

Weapon Limits And Bans

Created 11th January 2010 @ 18:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 Next »

It is so hard to set rules like: matches will be played as before demo/solly update, if both teams agree they can use new weapons.

I don’t see anything difficult or strange.

1. Point-blank damage of TDH is 140, not 125
-> it’s not just point-blank to kill a scout instant

Alright, alright, you got me. You can 1-shot sniper, engi and spy as well. All those classes you’re attacking sollies at point blank with.

2. It’s not a “fair” game anymore, as the scout needs three shots to kill a soldier if he starts shooting at your so-called point-blank range, Soldier just one.

3 shots? Solly has 200 hp, scout has 105 hp full shot, so 2 shots. In vacuum.
Btw, how would u estimate ur chances to kill regular RL solly as a scout?

Maybe you think that it’s “fair” that all depends on the Soldier’s ability to hit the Scout

Exactly. As well as in case of scout almost everything depends on scout’s ability to aim.

That’s the view of around 2% in this community.

Too bad. Spam Fortress vs Skill Fortress. I btw have to agree that TDH is more about individual skills than a team play. I just do not understand what is so bad about it.

piece

You do notice that your the only one arguing for that 1-shot kill?
The rest here seems to have common sense about it being plain stupid.

But hf with your struggle of convincing others ;)

atreides

it is not point-blank to kill a scout with one shot, I already stated that IMO clearly enough, TDH maxdamage is 140, not 125. Assuming that you’re shooting to the distance dealing 125 damage, the scout will most likely deal less than 100 damage considering this range. Got it now?

Already wrote it elsewhere, once again for you: the Scout pays for his additional movement with less hp, conclusion: He can’t survive two rockets at close-mid range, can’t survive two well-placed shotgun shots, but he still can survive (but he’s close to death now) one hit of every mainclass. These are coreelements of balance between all damage-dealing mainclasses.

Last edited by atreides,

piece

probably not :)

it is not point-blank to kill a scout with one shot, I already stated that IMO clearly enough, TDH maxdamage is 140, not 125. Assuming that you’re shooting to the distance dealing 125 damage, the scout will most likely deal less than 100 damage considering this range. Got it now?

I have to quote myself then:

Scout has high chances to kill TDH solly at close-mid range, but if he approaches at point blank he takes high risks of instant death.

Btw, you did not answer my question:

flix

n2o

Btw, you did not answer my question:

answer it!

Last edited by flix,

piece

Is it so hard to get?
If you dont shoot a solly in his back from 0.0001 cm the solly has quite a chance.
And if you got the feeling you dont stand a chance at all and have to use 1 shot weapons to survive….then i recommend demos of haunter, darn, appe, hocz etc.

Maybe they help.

atreides

totally depends on environment, but if everyone knows the position of each other, my guess of a a priori probability is 40% (60% for soldier :P).

Last edited by atreides,

totally depends on environment, but if everyone knows the position of each other, my guess of a a priori probability is 40% (60% for soldier :P).

Do u think TDH solly has higher probability of killing u?

I think the only difference is that in case of RL u may get 2 splashes and run away, while in case of TDH u either die or receive no damage at all.

atreides

The point is, the soldier already has two perfect weapons against scouts, and IMO the regular RL is perfect (and should stay superior) at close-range, higher effectivity for TDH with greater distance (remembering less fall-off damage?). There’s really no need to implement a high-risk weapon that querys the use of the regular RL with its overkill shortrange damage.

xtala

The point is, the soldier already has two perfect weapons against scouts, and IMO the regular RL is perfect (and should stay superior) at close-range, higher effectivity for TDH with greater distance (remembering less fall-off damage?). There’s really no need to implement a high-risk weapon that querys the use of the regular RL with its overkill shortrange damage.

The fact that it is not necessary does not mean it needs to be banned.
Yes, the solly may have a higher chance to kill a scout (in higher divs anyway).

But this game consists of more than scouts vs w/e battles in case you have’nt noticed.

piece

thx for the info.
noone would have noticed otherwise.

iQue

keso

What if TDH did 80 damage at all ranges (maybe really slight falloff)? Two shots 125 classes and medics, promotes prediction over distances but minicrits doesn’t do more than 108 dmg which is more acceptable.

TDH in it’s current form doesn’t promote long range prediction as a direct hit doesn’t do more damage than RL spam and airshots are both easy and does ridiculous damage, which is why people don’t like it.

Last edited by iQue,

atreides

But this game consists of more than scouts vs w/e battles in case you have’nt noticed.

We’re talking about balance in case you haven’t noticed, the scout (or take every 125 hp class in general) vs. soldier level playing field is one key part to maintain it. In its current shape, TDH breaks it and actually 1 per team violates it remarkable, more than any FaN build ever did (haven’t played the current version enough to review it).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 Next »